United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Democrats Attack Romney Over Planned Parenthood Cuts

After Mitt Romney said that he would "get rid" of Planned Parenthood during his presidency, Democratic groups and the Obama campaign have launched a barrage of attacks against the Republican candidate, accusing Romney of playing to the extreme portions of his party.

The furor began after Romney outlined his plans to cut government spending during an interview on Tuesday with Missouri television station KDSK-TV.

"The test is pretty simple," Romney said. "Is the program so critical, it's worth borrowing money from China to pay for it? And on that basis of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one. Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that."

Continued- http://www.christianpost.com/news/democrats-attack-romney-over-planned-parenthood-cuts-71438/

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
I saw that live. This is the sad state we are coming to. Stupid, senseless remarks to appeal to a stupid, senseless element of the public.

I am against abortion and against PP, but I know and Romeny knows the government (or the President) can't shut down a legal, private organization. The reporter had to draw it out of him that he meant get rid of funding, and even that Romney just babbled, suggesting PP had a line item in the appropriations rather than the fact there is no line in the federal budget giving money to PP. There are government contracts that are put out to bid and PP and whoever else wants to bids on them under a merit selection process. PP got a ton of government contracts under the Bush Administration.

Upvote 0