Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Candidate: I'll get rid of Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Michie, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Democrats Attack Romney Over Planned Parenthood Cuts

After Mitt Romney said that he would "get rid" of Planned Parenthood during his presidency, Democratic groups and the Obama campaign have launched a barrage of attacks against the Republican candidate, accusing Romney of playing to the extreme portions of his party.

Continued- http://www.christianpost.com/news/democrats-attack-romney-over-planned-parenthood-cuts-71438/

2. KatherineS

KatherineS New Member

Marital Status:
    Widow/Widower
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I saw that live. This is the sad state we are coming to. Stupid, senseless remarks to appeal to a stupid, senseless element of the public.

I am against abortion and against PP, but I know and Romeny knows the government (or the President) can't shut down a legal, private organization. The reporter had to draw it out of him that he meant get rid of funding, and even that Romney just babbled, suggesting PP had a line item in the appropriations rather than the fact there is no line in the federal budget giving money to PP. There are government contracts that are put out to bid and PP and whoever else wants to bids on them under a merit selection process. PP got a ton of government contracts under the Bush Administration.