Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Seminary libraries arent accesible for the general public. I visited one and they didnt like non students just walking in. Plus the librarian I talked to wasnt even a believer. i was shocked. I think he just had a job there eg was paid to to whatever, he wasnt there because he believed in Jesus or even God.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean it could be just an issue with their personality or is it really they have another agenda. How can you tell??
Sounds more like a hireling shepherd. His agenda is self-aggrandizement and control.

A wolf in sheep's clothing will undermine the Gospel and Bible truth, and attempt to destroy confidence in the Bible and in Christ. He will ATTACK Scripture, the Gospel, and Bible doctrine. He may even attack sound Christians who question his teachings, while introducing damnable heresies.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It would be very easy to just donate $1000 to a church library and have the pastor just spend it but its much harder and takes more time and effort to actually build one from practically nothing.
Plus if you just donate $1000 to a church whos to know if they will actually use the money it may just sit there forever doing nothing. I could be a lazy christian and just give money. Yea. Dont show up, just feed it cash like an atm machine and then think thats my christian life done.

No it doesnt work that way. You cant buy off God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sounds more like a hireling shepherd. His agenda is self-aggrandizement and control.

A wolf in sheep's clothing will undermine the Gospel and Bible truth, and attempt to destroy confidence in the Bible and in Christ. He will ATTACK Scripture, the Gospel, and Bible doctrine. He may even attack sound Christians who question his teachings, while introducing damnable heresies.
I think you right he is a like a hireling. I dont know that he is a wolf although i am not sure what his real testimony is, all i know is he grew up in the church. Being raised christian doesnt necessarily mean one is born again. He does preach ok though, like nothing ive heard from him is unsound. Just maybe the issue with having too much responisbilites. Hes part time. But seems to want to put his hand in everything thats not really his role and then antagonising ppl who are just wanting to do good works.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seminary libraries arent accesible for the general public. I visited one and they didnt like non students just walking in. Plus the librarian I talked to wasnt even a believer. i was shocked. I think he just had a job there eg was paid to to whatever, he wasnt there because he believed in Jesus or even God.
I visited a seminary library near where I lived. I dressed business casual. I was sure to write a $100 check to the theological seminary and give it to the librarian every once in awhile.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds a bit like what happened with one of my friends anglican church, they seem to have a lot of trouble with homosexual friendly leaders in their church. The church split over the issue.

Pastors etc must answer to a higher authority and be accountable. If they wont listen to elders or God its not good for them to be abusing the flock. They might think they need to be in control, but thats not true. God is the One who is in Control and He always honors our free will. He made us this way.
This is a link to a Washington Post article about what happened after the church congregation tried to occupy their own church:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...-begin-again/2012/05/11/gIQA7zZMJU_story.html

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As far as I know ERV Illustrated Bible is a christian bible.

Its not like I'm putting in the Koran or the mormon or JW bibles in there.

We also had got donated NIV, KJV, CEV and AMP bibles. I am not too fond of NIV, but KJV is definitely a Christian Bible!!!!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gideons rep says he's dropping of Bibles today. I'm pretty sure the pastor won't need to check those. I'm trusting they've got the right ones. I heard that they now using the ESV but maybe they have different ones in other languages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am going to ask God if whatver is missing from this church I attend be added. Whoever is offending the holy spirit or blocking Him be removed so they learn not to blaspheme.

Its sad that I have to write this down because it makes no sense to me but I do know there is no perfect church. I dont know what to think about hirelings or hired christians that work for money. So many do these days that theyve blurred the line between sacred and secular that sometimes you just cant tell the difference.

:-( I read that the youth pastor wants to hire a childrens person to work in the church and he will oversee but An elder said isnt that meant to be his job? But he is studying. He just wants to pay someone else to do what is actually HIS job. This elder was actually helping out but she wasnt being paid to do it. She says she cant do it all the time which is why its being contracted out. And they hire ppl from outside the church fellowship to do admin.

I dont know anymore. I dont know if this is right in Gods eyes.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Also, the youth pastors wife came to our ladies bible meeting but..she didnt talk to me or anyone else much at all, when another lady asked if she wanted prayer she just said no. And was a little abrupt or rude about it. The other lady, who I had not met before, was just showing kindness.

So I dont feel I can really talk to her. And thinking about it, the hired admin was only rude to me one time cos she thought shed get into trouble for something that was connected with what I was doing. So he might have her on a tight leash too.

Most pastors wives Ive known are open about their husbands struggles and weaknesses, and they not ashamed to pray for them. They are not tight lipped. It was funny cos we were all watching war room movie and I dont think his wife had seen it before.

But he isnt my husband so...I guess im not the one thats his primary support I do think his wife could be praying for him. But maybe its just none of my business and should keep out. i just notice things thats all, and not sure if anything needs to be said.

My friend who is an elder prayed earlier (not at this meeting) that we be given the words to say if anything needed to be said to him as we dont want to make the situation worse.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont know i didnt call them evil.
The bible says wolf in sheeps clothing. But you are confusing things by saying shepeherd. There is really only one Good shepherd-jesus. And we all ought to be like Jesus. If someone is not being like Jesus ie. Christlike and only pretending, they are like a wolf.

All christians are like sheep to God...it is symbolic or figurative language - we are to be living sacrifices.

Congregation or assembly is a gathering of christians, you said audience, well, church is not a show or theatre. If you speak a different language sorry I just dont get your meaning, so..maybe if you gave scripture plus references I can look it up in the bible. Maybe we are reading different translations. In the bible christians are never referred to as an audience and that word is usually used for things like shows and its all one way.

Never said anything about being poor sorry your posts are confusing. I am not worrying about anything. I am just saying what is happening in my church and asking for advice. If you cant give any biblical advice and not familiar with baptists (because its in a baptist church which is organised a bit differently from other type churches) then you dont need to bother replying. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Baptists dont make tithes a requirement like some other churches i know. But each baptist church will be different, but overall it isnt aggresively preached you have to tithe or else and its not part of many baptist churches statements of faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Also 1 peter 5

Anyway. Will leave in Gods hands. Gods shepherds arent meant to abuse the sheep and I do think many shepherds these days are hirelings. A shepherd can guide and call sheep by name but he never hits them or tells them to get lost you gifts arent needed which is basically the impression many of us in the church got when around certain self appointed leaders.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Cleaned

full

This thread has problems that were removed

Everyone, Christian Advice is a debate-free area. If you disagree with advice someone gives, do not debate them. If you have an issue with the original poster, this is not the place to debate or disagree with them - please give Christian advice and that's it. Debates belong in other areas of the forum.

The Statement of Purpose for Christian Advice reads:

Christian Advice is a non-debate area for members to ask and receive Biblically-based, Christian advice for a struggle they are encountering. Christian Advice is a Christians only area, but non-Christians may ask questions if they are seeking advice of a Christian nature. Christian advice is defined as advice which contains basic Christian principles that do not conflict with the site's Statement of Faith. Christian Advice is not a debate forum, nor is it a place to discuss theology. If you wish to debate Christian theology, there are other forums dedicated to that purpose.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
If a leader in church does these things are they a good shepherd or a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Wants every thing to go through them
Wont let others do good works in the church or tries to dictate what they do
Refuses gifts given in kind with no expectation of return
Speaks disparagingly of church members but continues in their position in church
Treats others as if they are a nuisance
Gets paid for what they do but has no compassion for those who arent being paid
Doesnt want bibles in church
Stickler for rules...but rules they made up that only make sense to them
Thinks they own the church, buildings and grounds

I mean it could be just an issue with their personality or is it really they have another agenda. How can you tell??

Allow me to explain that I am changing all my replies to threads, forgive me any error

with your sayings they would suggest this,

Your church is run by those who are of Nicolations, which is basically domination.

I suggest you find a new church, with a preacher who speaks to the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its ok thanks i was trying to make sense of your posts and just ended up being confused, my bad.

I have heard of nicolatians before but in regards to wife swapping, with the youth pastor that just came in last year (i was away at the time all the drama happend with the previous one) well the way his wife was so silent and didnt say anything at all in prayer meeting i just found really odd.

Im really sad if it comes to that I will need to leave this church to go elsewhere as it was the first one I went to and kinda settled in after becoming a christian. But if the church has been highjacked by wolves or hirelings then I just cant stay there and be abused.

Upvote 0