Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Um wow. You should keep out of disabled parking. That is horrible and yes those in authority at your church are not wrong to tell you to not do that. You can not just do whatever you want to do with no respect to anyone. Handicap parking spots do not exist for your convenience simply because you are a christian or think you are doing something good. Are you are wolf in sheep's clothing because you abuse handicap parking at a church thus not respecting people nor following the laws of the land?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not sure if I should, do the matthew 18 thing.

i was really upset and crying and an elder who isnt in my church said write a letter to the pastor (the head pastor) as I suppose the buck stops with him. She said pray about it. I didnt want to write a list of grievances.

Anyway it is in Gods hands.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
His sister told me he was like this when she tried to do something in church as well.
I was reading the churches annual plan. I noticed the youth pastor just had too many responisbilities when he should just be concentrating on pastoring. Pastoring is pastoring it is not bossing ppl around.

You know how the bible says we have self control. Well thats what it means, self control...not control over everyone else. It also means busy bodies and meddlers have no place. Just let people get on with their jobs.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Goodbook, God uses hedges of thorns/thornbushes to keep us straying beyond where we should go...most fight against it and find themselves being contrary. The hedges of thorns or thornbushes aren't always literal bushes with thorns, they usually "thorny" people.

It good to recognize that self control is lacking, but a body first need to see if it be lacking in their own life? I see this in mines and I am work on that.
Submission to authority, usually another thing that people have trouble with also.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyway, i cannot continue on without my partner in ministry as just end up being bullied more if i do it myself. At least when we doing it together, we both being bullied. Sigh.

Its as if nobody trusts anyone else to do stuff. Its a horrible thing to be treated like a criminal. We not PD workers needing supervision. We are both qualified and trained. We doing our work out of love not because we HaVE to.

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Doesnt want bibles in church

Now, I don't know this guy and I don't know his heart. But not wanting Bibles in your church library is a red flag, your library should have many different Bible translations and commentaries, that's kind of the main reason for having a Church library.

Then again, perhaps it is a misunderstanding? Sometimes we get wrong ideas, it's human to err, right? On the other hand, it's obviously not a good thing if someone in the ministry truly has a negative attitude to the Bible.

Sadly our earthly churches aren't heavenly palaces, we can think of them as hospitals for people who suffers from a disease called "sin". We're going to encounter all kinds of people in Church, and being a leader isn't necessarily the same thing as being right all the time. Sometimes leaders make serious mistakes, just read about David and Moses and you'll see what I mean...

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
yes well Moses got angry with the israelites and hit the rock instead of speaking to it.
And I think he was a bit fed up with them but thats no excuse.

I hope its just a misunderstanding but it seems like they deliberately misunderstand our intentions. We got donated ERV childrens bibles and apparently he thought there were too many. I'm like what? We can't have too many bibles we actually need more!!
We ought to have more Bibles than other books. Its like we have 630 other books and only 10 bibles.

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, I agree with you, 10 bibles is nothing when we talk about a library with over 500 books...

But what about this... You got a donation of Bibles, and your pastor said that you didn't need them. So why don't you accept this donation and try to get rid of it? Put up notes in the local supermarket that you're giving away bibles for free. Or spread the word through Facebook that people in your town are free to contact you for free Bibles. You can do this privately, you don't have to include your pastor.

Wouldn't that be a win-win situation? You'd place the Bible in the hands of people who need it, and at the same time you'd be respecting the opinion of your pastor...

Just a thought... :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know this guy that well. I mean he seems friendly and all until you get on his wrong side.
I have met his wife but she doesn't seem to want to talk to the rest of us ladies in the bible study and she kinda ignores me. I just remember she came along one time and we always have prayer but she didn't say a word, not even amen. I just feel kinda weird about it all, considering the last youth pastor left because his marriage split up (thats what happened, its not gossip) and the other ones that were involved before then also kinda ignored me. Even though I got invited to their wedding and everything I wasn't that close. They left to settle and be youth pastor at another church.
His mum is nice though.

His sister was doing something in the church kitchen but decided not to anymore because he was telling her what to do all the time, or she did something he didn't like even though everyone else liked it.

my elder bible teachers just said take it up with the head pastor but it seems like I can never tell if I'm truly getting on with him or he's just quietly tolerating me and actually doesn't really like me.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just left the bibles in the church free for anyone to borrow. I'm not wasting petrol going there again, I've been going back and forth every week.

I took 2 of them to give to other people and kept one myself. It really was generous for them to donate do you know how expensive brand new bibles are????

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I know, new Bibles are expensive and a donation of Bibles is something every church should gladly accept.

Now and then I put Bibles in the hands of people who need them. This can be people who secretly wants a Bible, but are too shy to buy one for themselves. Or it can be poor people like asylum seekers, single mothers, teenagers, and so on… Many people are very happy to receive a Bible.

Having a few Bibles that people can borrow is something that each church should have. It’s strange, but some people will come to Church without actually owning a Bible. On the other hand it can be very rewarding to be on the lookout for people in need of free Bibles. So yeah, having a few Bibles stored up is always a good thing. You never know when you meet someone in need of a Bible.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had Charlton Heston presents the bible on dvd. it was brand new and I bought it for the church, and he was like we can't put that in because charlton heston is just an actor. So he said to leave it with him. I haven't even watched it yet!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And then I saw they had heaps of books in the store cupboard just sitting there. Childrens books. None of which the children could access because they were in a locked cupboard. Bibles too.
When we went through the church library there was only 2 copies of the Bible both on audio. I don't think its because all the copies had been borrowed because there were no cards left of just Bible. They just never had any!!!

I'm like how can this be a church library with no Bibles?? We have only got 10 now because my neighbour, he doesn't even go to this church, donated them. We do get donated out of date devotionals though...and apparently thats ok to put in the library, but not Bibles.

my partner and I agreed we would just have devotionals free to take, and it didn't matter if they weren't returned, but it was annoying having dated devotionals with the year because who reads an out of date devotional. If its just the month and day its fine but if its like Saturday 17 September 2016 nobody is going to read that in December.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well too bad His word never returns back empty.

Gideons rep is coming to drop bibles this wednesday. Hallelujah. We need them cos many people come to our church for a free meal and dont have bibles..

Be silly to have a church library and no bibles available anywhere just books about the bible.
If you can please pray for this somewhat control freak pastor to let go and let God. That would be good. May he experience Gods grace cos I sure need it when dealing with him! (But im going to be away from now until next month..so whatever happens is up to God)

Upvote 0