Can you see Trump making a good President ?

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At first, I thought that his financial skills could really help the U.S. make a turn-a-round , but in light of his recent vitrol toward Mexicans , John McCain, and Contenders for President ., I think his temperament works against him. Plus, im not sure I want to have a President that looks like he's ticked off all the time with his facial expressions (lol) .

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dennis Rodman endorsed Donald Trump.

Not sure if that's a plus or not ; I have a bit of hard time giving credibility to a confirmed Cross Dresser and other bizzare public antics....but then again, THIS is America.

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
There is something fishy about Trump running for president and alienating everyone a year before the election,
someone somewhere must have a cunning plan.
His 5 draft deferments alone during the Viet-Nam war would make him a target, he was partying while others were dying
because his father was super rich.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There is something fishy about Trump running for president and alienating everyone a year before the election,
someone somewhere must have a cunning plan.
His 5 draft deferments alone during the Viet-Nam war would make him a target, he was partying while others were dying
because his father was super rich.
As if Jeb Bush, or Bill Clinton were any better. :doh:

A lot of people had no real interest in dying in Vietnam. Kinda hard to hold it against the Donald when the competition behaved no better.

Next argument ...

Reactions: Lavendar Frog
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
As if Jeb Bush, or Bill Clinton were any better. :doh:

A lot of people had no real interest in dying in Vietnam. Kinda hard to hold it against the Donald when the competition behaved no better.

Next argument ...
Yet the others didn't mock actual veterans like Trump did, and Jeb actually didn't do anything to avoid being drafted, he just wasn't called because of how young he was.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yet the others didn't mock actual veterans like Trump did.
The insult, and mockery, was directed against John McCain ... who incidentally not only insulted Donald Trump but has frequently, and deliberately, insulted and mocked groups of conservative Americans.

Reactions: Lavendar Frog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Noting again ... John McCain has frequently, and deliberately, insulted and mocked groups of conservative Americans.
And I don't disagree with that. But it is political suicide mocking a POW for being captured when you yourself not only didn't serve but did every you could to avoid service.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And I don't disagree with that. But it is political suicide mocking a POW for being captured when you yourself not only didn't serve but did every you could to avoid service.
Perhaps, but John McCain seems to have understood the message ...

John McCain Loves the TEA Party but does He Owe Them an Apology? | Christian Post

Appearing on MSNBC Monday morning, Senator John McCain gave an unlikely explanation for his comments calling those who were following Trump "crazy."

"I thought it was a term of endearment," McCain said with a smile. "I meant it as a term of affection, I'll be honest with you."

... even if John McCain remains an obvious liar.

If McCain is going to put himself out there and demand an apology from Mr. Trump for the Veterans over one misspoken comment, then I believe he owes a long apology to the members of the Tea Party for his continued list of insults to the group.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I honestly don't know, is that supposed to be good or bad?
Dennis Rodman endorces Kim Jong Un

8368237.jpg

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Noting again ... John McCain has frequently, and deliberately, insulted and mocked groups of conservative Americans.
My parents always said two wrongs don't make a right, but apparently the right disagrees.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Part of me hopes he's doing this on purpose... Trump's on-camera persona has been vain, arrogant, narcissistic, and petty -- all the charming personality traits the Right's been accusing Obama of for years, and yet the love Trump for it.

If he pulls a Monty Brewster at some point, it will be a coup of political comedy and satire the likes of which John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Bill Maher, and Dennis Miller, all working together on he best day of their lives, wouldn't come close to.

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
It does make one wonder what his game is.

He's not even courting the far religious right, he's alienating good Americans, holding a finger up to the religious,
calling Hispanics rapists and killers and making all republicans look foolish, what's his game?

It makes one wonder who he's going to alienate next, it's as if he is trying to expose every bad thing there is to show about the republicans long before the election even starts in earnest.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In a poll released this morning ...
CNN/ORC poll: Trump elbows his way to the top | CNN

(CNN) In the first national telephone poll since Donald Trump earned rebukes from Republican leaders over his comments about Senator John McCain's military service, the real estate mogul has increased his support among GOP voters and now stands atop the race for the party's nomination.

The new CNN/ORC Poll finds Trump at 18% support among Republicans, with former Florida governor Jeb Bush just behind at 15%, within the poll's margin of error.

They are joined at the top of the pack by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, with 10% support among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who are registered to vote. Trump's backing has climbed 6 points since a late-June poll, while support for Bush and Walker has not changed significantly
.​

Upvote 0