CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE HOLY SPIRIT IN SCIENCE ?

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
PLEASE ANSWER AS HONEST AS POSSIBLE.

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION.

For science, you need a set of empirical observations to work from first. The next step is to propose what a cause for the observations, and a test that can reliably tell you if you are right or wrong. The important part in the testing phase is that there has to be potential results from testing that could prove you wrong. If there is no possible outcome that you would consider as proving the non-existence of Holy Spirit, then what you have is a religious belief and not a scientific proposition.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
For science, you need a set of empirical observations to work from first. The next step is to propose what a cause for the observations, and a test that can reliably tell you if you are right or wrong. The important part in the testing phase is that there has to be potential results from testing that could prove you wrong. If there is no possible outcome that you would consider as proving the non-existence of Holy Spirit, then what you have is a religious belief and not a scientific proposition.

Bah. There's no possible outcome that would prove the non existence of anything in science, including the non existence of gravitons and/or string theory. That's a completely bogus argument.

In terms of empirical observations, we do observe some evidence from experiments in the lab that EM fields can and do produce "similar" types of experiences in some individuals. That may in fact be evidence that the carrier particle involved in the unification process is the very same carrier particle of the EM field, specifically light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
http://www.feelguide.com/2015/06/14...ting-mystic-states-visions-god-like-presence/

In terms of explaining the force carrier particle/field associated with the experience, my money is on the EM field. :)

Hi, (edits going on) (done now)

I have read the article. I understood it. Not Neuroscience, but this kind of experimental science is my field.

The above was to say, that because I understood, and analyzed it for errors using no emotions but logic plus an open mind, I can now switch back to emotions.

Wow. Cool.

This is so nice.

Discussion from a point of view:

God as a mystical, felt, and experienced phenomenon, historically seems to have been treated the way it is today.

All of the prophets were killed. Mystics since the time of Jesus have been killed also. Joan of Arc is possible the epitome of a killed mystic in the last 2000 years ago, or so.

Even today, a mystic I have dealt with is totally afraid to out herself, another one was falsely called mentally ill, even though professionals have never done that to him.

Since, I am one, a mystic and never knew it, I have had to understand my experiences in context.

This helmet, which is new science can really help, Others, to understand Mysticism better.

Bring a researcher, still and hopefully always, my descriptions are research types.

Mysticism is anyone who has the ability, formerly thought to be only God given, but now thanks to the Genesis 1:28 boys and girls subduing the earth, to listen to the Spirit world, of which God is The central component of that having Created from Himself, His Subtance and Essence and...., all, all that even demons evil spirits and Satan were originally made from. It is anyone who God can talk to directly, listen to, and do can everything else Mystics in the spirit world, normally do, along with humans on earth.

Tools allow scientists to do things. Where no tools are, scientists try and make them.

80%, in that area of science, is a 1:1, correlation, missing only the outliers.

Now, this assumes that what this set of directed magnetic fields produce, continue to be:

Galileo's Telescope into The Spirit World, through humans.

For me:

I expect Great individuality will be found, from person to person.

I expect to find that a person's present relationship with God is what will be found.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
In terms of the carrier particle aspect of the debate, can't we turn on and off the EM fields in the helmet and verify a null hypothesis?

That is up to people who are claiming that there is a Holy Spirit. Would they accept that as a null hypothesis?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
That is up to people who are claiming that there is a Holy Spirit. Would they accept that as a null hypothesis?

I dunno. What would string theorists accept as a null hypothesis, or would they accept one at all?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
This thread isn't about your obsession with other parts of physics.

The same argument applies to *all* areas of hypothetical physics. You're just miffed because it demonstrates that this statement must also apply to all hypothetical entities from the realm of physics too:

If there is no possible outcome that you would consider as proving the non-existence of Holy Spirit, then what you have is a religious belief and not a scientific proposition.

If you're going to claim that simple "belief" in an idea without a clear falsification mechanism is a "religious belief", then pretty much every part of physics is a "religious belief", even empirical areas of physics, but certainly to all areas of hypothetical physics. Apparently all of physics is not a scientific proposition by your definition, just a religious belief.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently all of physics is not a scientific proposition by your definition, just a religious belief.
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times: one group of people doing very bad science does not excuse bad science.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times: one group of people doing very bad science does not excuse bad science.

Once we start deviating from empirical physics, it's all very subjective, and the lines between "good" and "bad" science get really fuzzy.

Interestingly enough, if you look at it via physics, if the EM carrier particle is the "mechanism" that we associate with the "Holy Spirit", it's still within the realm of empirical physics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0