Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Blue and Oz,
I once more ask that you address my arguments concerning your interpreting the clear by the unclear(faulty hermeneutics)and the cultural significance of Paul's prohibition of fornication. If you are to be consistent in your logic then you must also argue that fornication is OK.

BTW, the constant claim of logical fallacies is a red herring used in order to deflect from actually defending or refuting arguments. Please stop it. If you have a rebuttal argument present it but quit with the accusation of logical fallacies. It reflects poorly on you not us.

there is no reason to address i have moved on. My purpose was not to sway you to what I see, but to show those reading your view is not the only one out there. That has been done. I gave up a long time ago trying to show you anything twin, you want to be right, you will not entertain you could be wrong. I actually gave your view thought, I came to the conclusion it is wrong. If God calls me before Him and say women were not to preach, I would say ok, i am sorry, could you help me see. If He ask why i said they could, I said because the Love in my heart would not let me think of women any differently than equal in or out of the church. But i don't think my Father will say that to me.

You don't understand God is Love. 1 john 4:8. It is by Love we are guided because true love is never wrong. see 1 cor 13. So it is out of Love i bless my Sisters. That is enough for me.

as far as fallacy i only used them because so many people use them on me. I think fallacies are worldly and was making a point. People say that saying the Bible is the word of God because it says so is a fallacy. and I am sure you heard of the fallacy appeal to faith, that states faith is not logical or rational which I could debate in its self.

but my answer is I moved on already.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Oz, in the quote provided bt abacabb3, you clearly state that Adam was deceived, in direct contradiction to what you now state.

When are you going to admit that you got it wrong with this allegation against me? I did NOT state it. It was my summary of what Gordon Fee had stated in his commentary and now I have provided you with a link to that commentary.

When will you admit that you made a false allegation against me?

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Blue and Oz,
I once more ask that you address my arguments concerning your interpreting the clear by the unclear(faulty hermeneutics)and the cultural significance of Paul's prohibition of fornication. If you are to be consistent in your logic then you must also argue that fornication is OK.

BTW, the constant claim of logical fallacies is a red herring used in order to deflect from actually defending or refuting arguments. Please stop it. If you have a rebuttal argument present it but quit with the accusation of logical fallacies. It reflects poorly on you not us.

This is another red herring when you don't want to deal with the issues I raise with you but you are off and running with what you want to talk about - fornication. To add to the illogic, you have here given me a straw man fallacy.

I'm not the slightest bit interested in further conversation until you quit using logical fallacies. It's impossible to have a logical conversation when you use logical fallacies. When will you learn this?

If you come back with another logical fallacy and don't address what I've written here, I will not respond because I'm finding logical conversations with you to be near impossible.

Oz

Upvote 0

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟73,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you know from Metal's link that I was not the one who stated that. I wasn't. I was citing Gordon Fee and now I've provided the link to his commentary.

Here it is. Posted on the 19th of December on the Women's Pastor thread (quote in question bolded):

http://www.christianforums.com/t7856.../#post66800907

Are you going to apologise for your flaming of me with your ad hominem?

I am legitimately confused here. You write in your link:

"A few years ago I summarised the exegesis by Dr Gordon D. Fee...His exegesis here summarised by me is:...Paul clearly says that the man was not deceived. Well, he was deceived, but his deception was worse than the woman's because he was deceived by the woman."

Aren't you saying that you wrote this for Dr. Gordon D. Fee? It appears that you reiterated this fact in the same post. Perhaps now you would like to take the opportunity to clarify that for us.

So, did you write those words or Dr. Gordon D. Fee did?

If it wasn't you who wrote them but him, are you willing to admit that Dr. Gordon D. Fee is wrong?

If Gordon D. Fee wrote them, what exactly did you "summarise?"

Lastly, if those aren't your words can you please explain why would you quote Dr. Gordon D. Fee, and work with the man in his "research," when he clearly denied the inerrancy in Scripture?

Round and round we go.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I am legitimately confused here. You write in your link:

"A few years ago I summarised the exegesis by Dr Gordon D. Fee...His exegesis here summarised by me is:...Paul clearly says that the man was not deceived. Well, he was deceived, but his deception was worse than the woman's because he was deceived by the woman."

Aren't you saying that you wrote this for Dr. Gordon D. Fee?

False suggestion. I did NOT write it for Dr Fee.

Bye :wave:

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

There is enough flaming and goading all around.

This thread is closed for review

UPDATE: Staff reviewed this thread and came to a consensus to keep this thread closed as it picked up where another thread left off after it was closed by staff. Please do not start another thread like this again or it too may end up being closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.