Can women have healthy babies for the first time in their 40's?

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all I am new to this section as I just turned 40 six and half weeks ago. I am still single with no kids and it has been depressing me as of late I had a major trigger about it (being childless and single) today.
So my question to you all is, is it possible to have kids after 40 that are healthy, for the first I mean I heard some celebrities have healthy babies in their 40's some have had them at 48.
I just have to find the right guy first, the last guy I talked to (who I met online) turned out to be a player. :(
Maybe there is someone here who is a mom after 40 or even a father of a baby who's wife was in her 40's when she had a child. Maybe you know a woman who has had a child in her 40's.
Anyway, thank you in advance for your answers on this question.
God bless you all:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Reactions: power2theweak

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A friend of mine pursued her career and gave up on the prospect of having kids and then she had twins at 44.

I had my second at 44 too.

As someone else said maintain a very healthy lifestyle, and keep yourself lifted in prayer. :hug:

Upvote 0

PassionateOne

I say it, as I see it
Jan 13, 2007
Texas
✟19,187.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't want to seem like a 'nay sayer'.....BUT, although it is possible to have a baby, in your 40's and women do have them....it is VERY HARD!! And fertility drops ALOT at age 35. And, at age 40, a woman's eggs are pretty old.

The ONLY reason, I am bringing reality, into the equation, is I want you to be informed. Halle Berry and the other actress that is 48, who just had a baby, either froze their eggs (when they were in their 30's) or used an egg donor. I am pretty sure Halle Berry froze her own eggs (no egg donor)....but each used IVF.

I was 31, when I had my daughter (no problem getting pg. & easy pregnancy), so I 'thought' at 42, it would be the same. I had no problem getting pg., but then lost each baby (3, in total), within a few months. I can't do IVF, because of medical reasons....I prayed and prayed to have a baby, after each loss, but it wasn't meant to be.

Don't want to make you doubtful, I just don't want you to feel so hopeful, then get a broken heart, in the end....just want you to be prepared.:holy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pamela1

Jan 26, 2014
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had baby at 45 and she is beautiful and healthy. I didn't have any fertilization help, i am a lifelong nonsmoker and nondrinker, was on birthcontrol pills for 13 years before going off them to get pregnant ....only took 6 months after that. Stay active and eat healthy. Don't listen to all the negative information out there.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If God wants you to have a baby then you will and it will be right for you. I am now the father of two teenagers and couldn't imagine at this stage in my life having a baby to take care of. I wouldn't want to go through that again though it was fun at the time.

Upvote 0

rainy

In his service forever more~
Dec 20, 2004
USA
✟25,431.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aflower4God, hi am sorry for answering a little late. In all honesty when you have a child is between you and God and the man you choose to share your life with. As far as risk there are risk in everything we do in life, as long as you know God is on your side you can do anything. So you know I was high risk pregnancy only 19 not expected to live God decided otherwise, my children all were premature my oldest was not expected to live, he will be 30 this year. God does amazing things he does answer prayer and loves us unconditionally.

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi all I am new to this section as I just turned 40 six and half weeks ago. I am still single with no kids and it has been depressing me as of late I had a major trigger about it (being childless and single) today.
So my question to you all is, is it possible to have kids after 40 that are healthy, for the first I mean I heard some celebrities have healthy babies in their 40's some have had them at 48.
I just have to find the right guy first, the last guy I talked to (who I met online) turned out to be a player. :(
Maybe there is someone here who is a mom after 40 or even a father of a baby who's wife was in her 40's when she had a child. Maybe you know a woman who has had a child in her 40's.
Anyway, thank you in advance for your answers on this question.
God bless you all:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I was born in 76, my wife was born in 62, we had our first child in 99 when she was 37, no problems, this was her first, we had our second in 2001, when she was 39, no problem

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Aflower4God, hi am sorry for answering a little late. In all honesty when you have a child is between you and God and the man you choose to share your life with. As far as risk there are risk in everything we do in life, as long as you know God is on your side you can do anything. So you know I was high risk pregnancy only 19 not expected to live God decided otherwise, my children all were premature my oldest was not expected to live, he will be 30 this year. God does amazing things he does answer prayer and loves us unconditionally.

:amen:

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks! I'm almost 14 weeks.
:clap: Just entering into your second trimester. :clap:

I loved that part of my pregnancy. :)

May the Lord bless you with a healthy, happy pregnancy and may you be blessed with a beautiful gift from the Lord when your baby is born. :hug:

Upvote 0