Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We are under none of the law, civil, dietary or ceremonial. And I like my steaks rare.

I understand. So even drinking blood like a vampire will not make us sin.

But, "should" we do that is probably an entirely different question. To me, killed a chicken and eat its meat is quite different from eating its blood (usually cooked). If is all because the teaching that life is in the blood (not in the meat).

By the way, have you ever thought why is it so natural for us to drink fruit or veggie "juice"? Because it is NOT the blood of the plant.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
Grafted into the Olive Tree
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
After that, God says: you may eat it.

There is no question that God lets us eat it. The question is why. Don't bark up the wrong tree.

Where does God say "you may eat it"? (aka my Commandment is no longer a commandment--but optional)

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I understand. So even drinking blood like a vampire will not make us sin.

But, "should" we do that is probably an entirely different question. To me, killed a chicken and eat its meat is quite different from eating its blood (usually cooked). If is all because the teaching that life is in the blood (not in the meat).

By the way, have you ever thought why is it so natural for us to drink fruit or veggie "juice"? Because it is NOT the blood of the plant.

Good thing God gave us CLEAR instruction regarding the eating/drinking of blood too!
Gotta love that Guy! :)

Upvote 0

bertolt

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
✟7,843.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We are under grace, not under Law. See 1Corinthians; Paul's discussion of the things that are acceptable and profitable are very illustrative.

All things are permissible, not all things are profitable.

Kashruth, ritual purity, is granted us in Christ, not in behavior. If we are within God's will, it doesn't matter what we do or where we do it, and none can judge whether you are in God's will besides you and God.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
We are under grace, not under Law. See 1Corinthians; Paul's discussion of the things that are acceptable and profitable are very illustrative.

All things are permissible, not all things are profitable.

Kashruth, ritual purity, is granted us in Christ, not in behavior. If we are within God's will, it doesn't matter what we do or where we do it, and none can judge whether you are in God's will besides you and God.

Ever thought about the fact that all believers are under grace?
From Adam till you and me. Everyone who believes, everyone who is part of the Household of God, is under grace.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
See Romans 1 and Romans 2, which explains the role of Law in Christian theology.
Huh? So you don’t believe Romans 7:12, 14, 16, 22 and 25 explain the role of the Law of God to the believer? What about Psalm 119. Do you see ANY of that chapter as applicable to the believer today?

The law was given such that we might understand God and purity; salvation was given that we might be truly pure in His sight.
The Law was given for much more than just “understanding God and purity.” But even if we take your understanding of the law, are you telling me that once we become believers, we NO longer need to continue understanding God and purity?
Salvation is not an end-all. Once we are saved, we are instructed to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Matthew 7:21 doesn’t say that the one who ‘gets salvation’ will enter into the Kingdom of God, but rather the one who DOES the will of the Father in Heaven!

Upvote 0

bertolt

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
✟7,843.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
James also provides a juxtaposition between faith and works. Our obedience to the Law is a deed, and does not save us.

It's not a simple black/white concern; many prophets (Amos, Hosea, etc) offered God's word that obedience wasn't enough, that there had to be faith before obedience, or the obedience meant nothing, and that faith was superior to obedience.

One follows from the other, not vice versa.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
James also provides a juxtaposition between faith and works. Our obedience to the Law is a deed, and does not save us.

It's not a simple black/white concern; many prophets (Amos, Hosea, etc) offered God's word that obedience wasn't enough, that there had to be faith before obedience, or the obedience meant nothing, and that faith was superior to obedience.

One follows from the other, not vice versa.

Absolutely agree! It is our inward obedience and allegiance to the Lord that enables our outward obedience. Outward obedience (keeping God’s commandments) does not earn us salvation. But our obedience is definitely a manifestation of our faith and love in God. [John 3:36]
Faith without works of obedience is DEAD.
Works of obedience without faith is DEAD.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
??? Y isnt rom.14.14 ...PERSUADED BY THE LORD JESUS...NOTHING UNCLEAN OF ITSELF...clear to u?

It’s simple really.
Everything that I see written anywhere in Scriptures, I look at in the light of what was written before it. This way, I don’t let any pre-conceived notions, ideas and traditions blur my vision of what is being taught in the subject at hand. (ever heard of the Bereans?)

In the case of Romans 14, I know without a shadow of a doubt that God…many years before Paul was even alive, gave clear Instructions of should be considered food and what should not be considered food.
So I already know that God wouldn’t contradict what He has previously instructed. Especially, when there are SEVERAL reasons for why He gave those instructions to begin with.

So you can take Romans 14:14 to mean, you are now free to be a cannibal, vampire, garbage eater, feces eater, so on and so forth….but fortunately God gave clear Instructions regarding what is unclean in His eyes and what is not before Paul was even born :)
Paul himself followed God’s Instructions.

Upvote 0

incor

Mar 17, 2012
✟15,943.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It’s simple really.
Everything that I see written anywhere in Scriptures, I look at in the light of what was written before it. This way, I don’t let any pre-conceived notions, ideas and traditions blur my vision of what is being taught in the subject at hand. (ever heard of the Bereans?)

In the case of Romans 14, I know without a shadow of a doubt that God…many years before Paul was even alive, gave clear Instructions of should be considered food and what should not be considered food.
So I already know that God wouldn’t contradict what He has previously instructed. Especially, when there are SEVERAL reasons for why He gave those instructions to begin with.

So you can take Romans 14:14 to mean, you are now free to be a cannibal, vampire, garbage eater, feces eater, so on and so forth….but fortunately God gave clear Instructions regarding what is unclean in His eyes and what is not before Paul was even born :)
Paul himself followed God’s Instructions.

..and paul wrote rom.14:14 ....so then... to him that esteemeth anything as unlcean to him itis unclean. so ofcors, if one is ok w/pork, go4it. if not, dont.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
..and paul wrote rom.14:14 ....so then... to him that esteemeth anything as unlcean to him itis unclean. so ofcors, if one is ok w/pork, go4it. if not, dont.

God clearly said that the pork was detestable.
But hey, if you believe that God's Instructions are optional....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
exactly.. in that a blievr has now the option of eating whatever is unclean to him.

So I can use Romans 14:14 to defend my cannibalistic ways?
what about if I love eating blood, can i use Romans 14:14 for that too?

Upvote 0

incor

Mar 17, 2012
✟15,943.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So I can use Romans 14:14 to defend my cannibalistic ways?
what about if I love eating blood, can i use Romans 14:14 for that too?

im not ok w/canabilsm. remembr that plane crash in the mountains n they ate the dead to surviv?-it is wt it is. besides we r talkin reaonabl food ryt?

blood? acts 15: 28,29. ..seemed good to the Holy Ghost..and to us..these necesary thngs..abstain from..blood..

Upvote 0