Can the Devil Deceive the Last Days Saints?

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Do you hear yourself in this rant? So, in your mind what denominations are wrong?

You must be the only one that is able to be saved in the Rapture?; the world looks up and sees only "iamlamad" going to be with Jesus. Doesn't sound like it will send chills down the back of anyone in the world to me.

Do you find yourself being legalistic like the Pharisees? Shure sounds like it to me, you might want to learn how to fish and be like a little child to understand who Jesus is. Mark 10:15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Luke 18:17 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Matt 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

As followers in the Creator we must understand that He is in charge and we are not and allow Him to be the Judge, not you or anyone else. You will be amazed at the ones who entered the though the Kingdom Gates and the ones who didn't. Just remember that.

Take a breath and regroup. The fight is not between brothers but against the common enemy...

You asked a question. I don't think ANY denomintion has perfect doctrine. If any did, we would see the book of Acts continuing with the same signs and wonders. In other words, ALL believers are deceived in some area. We have not yet come "unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ."

The church is GREATLY divided today. It was never God's plan. The last time the body of Christ was "all in one accord" was in the upper room.

Why am I "legalistic" when I say that the lukewarm will be spit out and NOT raptured? Why did you think I was "ranting?" Describing the church of today is not ranting, it is pointing out the truth.

WHY are there so many different denominations today? It is very simple, there is great DISAGREEMENT on the scriptures. What does this mean? It is simple: there is deception to some degree or another about the truth and the intent of the Author on the scriptures.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God is not the author of confusion, nor is prophecy of any private interpretation.

The reason for so many views on prophecy in this forum is simply this, satan.

2Co_4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Vrba, Those are good verses indeed, but they do not fit the question.
If someone does not know something, that does not mean they are lost; it only means they do not know.

If they THINK they know, when in fact they don't, they are deceived, but not lost, if indeed, they are born again.

Deception runs RAMPANT in the body of Christ today, proven by the hundreds of different denominations today, each a distinct group because then believe they alone have the truth. This is surely true, but it does not mean they are lost.

WHY is there so much deception? One of the first reasons, most of the Body of Christ SKIPPED OVER Acts 1 and 2, and BYPASSED the baptism of the Holy Spirit, with the initial evidence of praying in tongues.

For example, if I asked you a simple question: "why don't you pray in tongues?" your answer would either be, "I DO pray in tongues" or it would be a Picasso or Michael Angelo of deception..a masterpiece!

Of course Satan is behind all deception; that is his biggest weapon.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Im sorry, I have difficulty believing the Spirit can disagree with itself.

OF COURSE the Holy Spirit (a HIM not an it) will not disagree with Himself!
He is GOD.

You are either saved in Christ, our Lord, or you are not.. Its that simple.
Again this is a true statement, but it is not the subject of our discussion! MANY in our churches are born again, but MOST are deceived in some of their doctrine.

Two people disagreeing over prophecy of all things shows satans influence on the minds of people on this very forum.
I agree.
Prophecy has one interpretation, everything else is of satan, ergo, if two "Christians" disagree on prophecy, one or both of them is wrong and is in fact, not of God.
I agree. but it is not a salvation issue unless perhaps we are chatting with a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon. It is only an end time doctrine that is in error, NOT THE ENTIRE BELIEVER with his or her belief system.

For example, someone could believe very strongly in the born again road, and that Jesus is their Savior, but have no faith whatsoever that Jesus is also a healer. So their doctrine of healing is not truth. They are still born again, and will go to heaven; but they might get there much faster than if they believed strongly that Jesus was also a healer.

It is written, there is nothing else to say on the matter..

To answer the OP, the obvious answer is NO..

So you are saying the devil CANNOT deceive last day saints? I have just shown ways MANY are deceived today.

Are we in the "last days" as the OP stipulates? I say YES.
Are there saints living today? OF COURSE.
Are there hundreds of different denominations today? YES.

So the correct answer to the OP is YES, Christians can are ARE deceived in the last days. Deception is the very reason so many denominations exist.

Question: do you pray in tongues as written in Acts 2, Acts 10, Acts 19, & 1 Cor. 14?

LAMAD

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Two people disagreeing over prophecy of all things shows satans influence on the minds of people on this very forum.

Prophecy has one interpretation, everything else is of satan, ergo, if two "Christians" disagree on prophecy, one or both of them is wrong and is in fact, not of God.

So who does scripture give authority to declare any given event as the fulfillment of prophesy?

I know you don't like the term "scriptural authority", but humor me anyway....

Who is qualified, scripturally, to give infallible prophetic interpretation?

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I dont understand what you are saying.

I dont see how a true Christian is deceived.

WOW! How then do you explain WHY we have hundreds of denominations, each thinking they have the truth? Why do I have a Baptist church one block one direction, and a very Charismatic church a few blocks farther? Why aren't the people of one church interested in attending the other? It is because they DO NOT BELIEVE what the other group believes! So we have deception to one degree or another.

Read this part again:
For example, if I asked you a simple question: "why don't you pray in tongues?" your answer would either be, "I DO pray in tongues" or it would be a Picasso or Michael Angelo of deception..a masterpiece!

I did ask you this simple question. You did not answer. But if you did answer, perhaps this would help you see why you don't understand.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Holy Spirit.

Two believers in Christ do not dispute prophecy, they will take a stance of not knowing, or sharing a commonly understood prophecy among them..

There is no disagreement in the true Church, this is not possible, The Holy Spirit doesnt disagree with itself.

You have left out a HUGE group of those who THINK they know, when in fact they don't! They are deceived and born again. It is THEIR believe, not the belief of the Holy Spirit within. OF COURSE He will never disagree with Himself.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not concerned with those who think they know Christ.

If they don't know him, and are deceived, they aren't the elect anyways..

NO NO! That is not what I am talking about! I am talking about many on these threads that THINK then know much about end times and write and write and write and write and write what they THINK they know is right, but each is in disagreement with others doing the same thing.

I am not even talking about unsaved people. This is and END TIMES thread. I am talking about people who THINK they understand the book of Revelation - but each person on these threads has a DIFFERENT OPINION about end times. For example:

WHERE is the rapture in Revelation?
WHERE does the Day of the Lord begin in Revelation?
WHERE does God's wrath begin in Revelation?
Is Revelation chronological or is it mixed up in chronology?

These are the kinds of questions almost all disagree on here. I have no doubt most people here are born again believers. You missed what I wrote: "They are deceived and born again." Or they are born again yet still deceived." My meaning is deceived about END TIMES, not about salvation.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Vrba,

I will go a step further,

If YOU have not received the mighty baptism with the Holy Spirit as shown in Acts 1, Acts 2, Acts 10, and Acts 19, then YOU are deceived: the very thing you think is impossible. I guess I could say, you are deceived just THINKING Christians cannot be deceived!

Lamad

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And if I have? Then what?

I know many Baptists THINK they have received the mighty baptism with the Holy Spirit, when in fact, they have not. It does not usually come with salvation, but comes later, as shown in Acts 8, Acts 10 and Acts 19, and usually is received with the laying on of hands. It usually also comes by faith, meaning that people that received this mighty baptism understand the scriptures so have true bible faith to received. It also usually comes with immediate signs as shown in scripture, praying in tongues, prophecy and magnifying God.

If all this is also YOUR experience, then PRAISE THE LORD: you can actually fulfill some scriptures you could not other wise.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Then they probably shouldn't be publishing anything outside of question form.

Otherwise they are guessing.

If you dont know when something is, say "I dont know, but here is what I think".

Ha ha! You certainly made me laugh with this one! What have I written before: they THINK THEY KNOW. Since they think they know and THINK they are right, of course they write profusely as if their theories were TRUTH.

I write as if I were writing truth about end times, because I believe I am. But sometimes I write, "I think" because I am not sure.

Lamad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So who does scripture give authority to declare any given event as the fulfillment of prophesy?

I know you don't like the term "scriptural authority", but humor me anyway....

Who is qualified, scripturally, to give infallible prophetic interpretation?

You have asked a PROFOUND question.
I will attempt and answer:

ANYONE who infallible! :thumbsup: Do you know of anyone like this? I only know of one!

Lamad

Upvote 0