Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple of ways that the Bible can become an idol. The first and most obvious one is when it becomes a talisman, when the physical object, itself, is seen as having a sort of mystical value. The only value a Bible has is in the ideas contained within it. The physical object should not be treated as something magical.

Sometimes the words, themselves, are treated as having a magical property, even over and above their meaning. There are people who idolize the Bible by reading the text as a sort of magical incantation, apart from any actual understanding. This one is probably less of a problem, and it's probably the hardest to discern. I timidly posit that the crowd most likely to place undue emphasis on exact words over meaning is the King James Only group. Previously, it was the Latin Only group, also known as the Papacy.

There's a confusion of terms when we call Jesus the Word of God in the same way that we call the Bible the Word of God. It would imply that Jesus is the Bible, and if Jesus is God then the Bible is God. Please don't pray to your Bible, by the way. Calling Jesus the Word of God is scriptural, but calling the Bible the Word of God, if I am not mistaken, is merely a matter of tradition. Even if we accept both terms, we should not treat both uses of the term as having the same meaning.
Jesus is the spoken word of God, The Bible is the written word of God. what does God say meditate on my words day and night. That sounds like worship to me, and look it is worshiping God and he told us to do it. It is one way we worship God by worshiping His word. God also said it is by hearing the word of God that a person comes about to be saved and gains sight. Well that certainly sounds like the word of God is important part of worshiping God. Go out and preach the word to all nations, again the word is used to worship God and bring people to God. In Rev Jesus used the sword from His mouth to slay the army, or The word of God. Certainly sounds like the Bible is more than a book and the words more than words, they are alive because God spoke them, Gen God said let there be light and there was light. God's words have power and are more than words.

Do I pray to The Word of God all the time His name is Jesus.

Sorry some people take what is Holy and make it common which i might point out is a great sin, and then these people claim to have The Holy Spirit while they sin. So am I to believe them? We all know The Holy Spirit can not stand sin and does not sin, so a person can no more speak from The Holy Spirit while in the act of sin, than satan can tell the truth. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0