Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if someone who isn't a Christian has faith can they please god? the bible says the only thing that pleases god is faith. here is an example: lets say someone who isn't a Christian has real bad depression and anxiety and they took every medicine in the world but nothing helped and they decide to turn to god for help and trust god to take care of their problems. will god help them and will it be pleasing to him because they're having faith. when I say having faith I don't mean having faith to get saved. they're not doing it to get saved or repenting or anything but they're trusting god to make their problems go away. god answered Cornelius's prayer and he wasn't a Christian until he went to visit peter and when peter preached that's when he got saved then peter told him to go get baptized, or so that's what my preacher says.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Bible is clear on the issue

Ecclesiastes 2:26 To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Romans 8:8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Those who are not saved can not just ask God for something. God says they are hostile to him because of their sinful nature. satan kingdom is not divided so a child of satan can not just ask God for something. Will God have mercy yes and they might get what they want because of God's grace or if someone else prays for them, but they are not pleasing to God.

What Ham said A sinner can not please God, I think what he meant was the unsaved because we are all sinners, and he is also right it is Jesus working in us which pleases God. The one who gives a faith is God, He changes us to please Him. You can't say to God let me please you but don't change me.

hope it helps.
blu

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if someone who isn't a Christian has faith can they please god? the bible says the only thing that pleases god is faith. here is an example: lets say someone who isn't a Christian has real bad depression and anxiety and they took every medicine in the world but nothing helped and they decide to turn to god for help and trust god to take care of their problems. will god help them and will it be pleasing to him because they're having faith. when I say having faith I don't mean having faith to get saved. they're not doing it to get saved or repenting or anything but they're trusting god to make their problems go away. god answered Cornelius's prayer and he wasn't a Christian until he went to visit peter and when peter preached that's when he got saved then peter told him to go get baptized, or so that's what my preacher says.
You referred to Cornelius. Cornelius was not Jewish, but he was a "God-fearing Gentile." Because of his faith, God sent Peter to him. Peter explained the Gospel. Because of his faith, Cornelius immediately accepted Peter's words and was filled with the Holy Spirit.

So Cornelius became a Christian because of his faith.

Claiming faith, yet remaining outside of Christ are contradictory. Faith leads a person to Christ. Similarly, claiming to be a Christian, yet not living by faith are contradictory. It is impossible to be a Christian apart from faith.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Ezekiel 33: 11Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways;

God does not want anybody to die and burn in Hell. He grieves when He sees a sparrow die, you are much more than a sparrow.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Psalm 7:11 .................God is angry with the wicked every day.

12If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.

13He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.

14Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.

15He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

16His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.

God's wrath abides on sinners as long as they are not saved. If they get saved, then they are loved and chastised as children of God. Before they are saved, while God is still angry with them, He loves them unconditionally. He proved His love for them in giving His Son to die in their place to save them from Hell. He proves His love for them by giving them time, sunshine, rain, air to breathe. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums