Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
That is not what the Christian scriptures say. That is simply what Muhammed said when he failed to understand. This is what the Christian scriptures actually say:

Christian scriptures are written by people over the span of 1500 years while Isa Ibn Maryam lived for a short period of time... God confirmed O Mankind do not write with your own hand and claim this is from God.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christian scriptures are written by people over the span of 1500 years while Isa Ibn Maryam lived for a short period of time... God confirmed O Mankind do not write with your own hand and claim this is from God.

The scriptures I quoted were specifically written, at the latest, within 30 years of the crucifixion.

Personally, I find this more reliable than the meanderings of an illiterate Arab 600 years later.

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
The scriptures I quoted were specifically written, at the latest, within 30 years of the crucifixion.

Personally, I find this more reliable than the meanderings of an illiterate Arab 600 years later.

Qur'aan confirms once you have full knowledge of Jesus then Invoke your God.

Upvote 0

feral

Dostoyevsky was right
Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There is something that has always confused me tremendously about Satan.

1. God knows all things -- past, present and future
2. God made everything.
3. Satan tempted Eve and by her, Adam, thus bringing sin into the world.

So...knowing what would become of Satan and knowing the huge and horrible impact he would have on humaity...why did God create Satan at all?

Sorry, I know that's slightly off topic. As for forgiveness....I'd say so. Satan was capable of falling and therefore not infallible or perfect. He was designed with the capacity for flaws. I think anyone who isn't perfect can be forgiven their flaws and mistakes.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
There is something that has always confused me tremendously about Satan.

1. God knows all things -- past, present and future
2. God made everything.
3. Satan tempted Eve and by her, Adam, thus bringing sin into the world.

So...knowing what would become of Satan and knowing the huge and horrible impact he would have on humaity...why did God create Satan at all?

Sorry, I know that's slightly off topic. As for forgiveness....I'd say so. Satan was capable of falling and therefore not infallible or perfect. He was designed with the capacity for flaws. I think anyone who isn't perfect can be forgiven their flaws and mistakes.
Logically if God cjose to give free will that opened the door of opportunity to choose the opposite of God.

God knowing all knew for the perfect Good to exist there had to be a diametric opposite for the existance of it.

The law of physics is Gods law. Everything has to have an opposite for it to really exist .

God is the Alpha and omega beginning and end and therefore infinite.

That is why he had to let some of his creation the opportunity to choose the wrong path.

So to weed out the weak before they are given infinitely more power than Lucifer or any angel. Good or bad.

Humans are under a seperate set of rules than Angels.

So Satan cannot be forgiven .

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by TheKingOfImmortality
After I place that last qustion on why did God not destory Satan, A new qustion just pop into my head.
Can Satan ever be forgiven for what he has done and be allowed back into heaven?
I would think so. I suppose that would depend on how one defines the "satan" and "devil" in the NT/NC.
Paul appears to imply he will be "crushed in swifness" in this passage so I don't think he is referring to Muslims and Muhammad. ^_^

Romans 16:20 The yet God of the Peace shall be crushing the Satan/Adversary under the feet of ye in swiftness. The grace of the Lord of us, Jesus Christ with ye. Amen.

2 Corinthians 2:11 that no we may be being over-reached under the Adversary/Satan, for not of him the minds/nohmata <3540> we are ignorant.

Upvote 0

R3quiem

Senior Veteran
Jun 25, 2007
In your head.
✟14,623.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
After I place that last qustion on why did God not destory Satan, A new qustion just pop into my head.

Can Satan ever be forgiven for what he has done and be allowed back into heaven?

If a god exists and is omnipotent then he's the one who makes all the rules. So, he can do whatever he wants.

Upvote 0

uberd00b

The Emperor has no clothes.
Oct 14, 2006
Newcastle, UK
✟22,308.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
I think anyone who isn't perfect can be forgiven their flaws and mistakes.
Ah but you're thinking from a human perspective. Humans are capable of such forgiveness, apparently God is not. Perhaps he could learn a thing or two from us.

Reactions: Fuzzy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens

Psalms 106:1 Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Ezek 28 shows that Satan is a created being :-

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

All created beings accept Jesus' dominion as Lord in the end , as Jesus says :-

Revelation 5:13 And, every created thing which was in heaven, and upon the earth, and under the earth, and upon the sea, and, all the things in them, heard I, saying—Unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb, be the blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the dominion, unto the ages of ages!

So Satan will turn to love and God's mercy will still be there when he does ...

Satan is thus just the prodigal son of God :-

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Upvote 0

SecretOfFatima

Our Lady of Fatima: Song of Solomon 6:10 (NIV)
Oct 21, 2005
Visit site
✟10,438.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

DEUS CARITAS EST or GOD IS LOVE.

Satan is an Angel, and Angels have been in the presence of GOD, unlick us humans, imperfect and cloudy with our Sins, I don't recall the verse but somewhere in the bible states that when we finally come face to face with GOD everything will be completly clear, then I just hope that we all will fall in Love with our creator and that we don't turn away like the rebellion Angels did, when they were jealous of Man kind.

...Imagine GOD as a Fire burning so great, that anything or anyone unclean coming close to GOD will perish, imagine that fire as being GOD's purity, imagine the LOVE of GOD burning so greater than the fires of Hell itself are nothing... how will we sinners be able to come near the Divine presence of GOD stained with Sin...

O LORD have mercy on us, grant us all the grace to repent and confess our Sins, for when that moment to meet you comes.

Amen.

By the way, if you did not understood the point, Satan having seen GOD face to face(pure LOVE) still made his choice and there is nothing that anyone can do to bring him back.

Upvote 0

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
By the way, if you did not understood the point, Satan having seen GOD face to face(pure LOVE) still made his choice and there is nothing that anyone can do to bring him back.
That would assume that God has no mercy , yet God's mercy never ends. it endures for all time ... and it would assume that God has not the will to save in His love and the power to save in His truth, this is not true...

If men turn against God in sin and can turn back to love later on, then so can Satan , there is no difference except the extent of sin , and a single sin is as bad as breaking the whole law of God because love is perfect, it does not include any sin ,

sin is the opposite of love , sin is breaking God's law of love ...

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

God then has a plan, and it involves not just a single step, but progressively removing men from slavery to sin , first Jesus successfully overcame temptation to sin, then the 144,000 [Rev 7:3-4] at his return are translated to spirit sealed away from sin forever in the spirit, then all Israel as a kingdom of priests [Exodus 19:6, 1Pet 2:9-10] and then these priests minister in the redemption of countless many afterward [Rev 7:9-10] ,masses of the gentiles ....

That leaves only Satan and all those who reject God's truth when it is given them in spirit baptism [Joel 2:28, John 16:13] ... so the most evil of men are separated from their prey that they preyed upon in this earth and thought it was fine to do so despite the misery they caused in their prey... the 'lake of fire' from God then is simply that there is no-one left to prey upon who does not prey back just as hard ... no-one thus benefits from evil any longer, the evil will thus feel the fire of God's truth in poetic justice, suffering their own evil themselves ...

It is a loving solution to all evil by a loving god ... the loving God!

And it is not love without mercy when these evil men turn from evil and accept love as their way, obey Jesus as lord commanding love ...

this Jesus says they will do, so why do men doubt him ? :-

Revelation 5:13 And, every created thing which was in heaven, and upon the earth, and under the earth, and upon the sea, and, all the things in them, heard I, saying—Unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb, be the blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the dominion, unto the ages of ages!

Every created being will accept the dominion of Jesus, accept him as lord, accept his commandment to love... that is Jesus' own prophecy and revealed to him by God ...

Thus God's mercy does endure t the end of time, and Satan , as a created being, is redeemed at the very last by accepting Jesus' dominion too, Jesus says so here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.