can not put on an act, got to call it like i see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is to the members. In case no one has noticed, OBOB is being ostracized. I suspect this is intentional but I can't say 100%. Now, if that's your thing, by all means, you do you. It's absolutely not Christian in the least to ostracize anyone and it's one of those things that a person should be ashamed of but I digress on that. This personally for me is neither here nor there to me. I really don't have skin in this game. But there are other members who have been very hurt. Opening goodbye threads, copying threads, talking about members, saying how bad it is here, are for what purpose? Serves what purpose? I tell you what it served, it hurt someone you claim to call friend. And it's ostracism, pure and simple. Now, like I said, if that's your thing, fine but don't play any fake false humility, acting like you are so lovy while you are over there and in here, taking bad about OBOB. And no, Colin, this is not singling you out. Y'all know I can't lie to anyone. If I see injustice and my friends being hurt, if I see my friends being attacked, I will call it out. I'm not about two faces and being fake. Like I said, I have no dog in this fight but I see some manipulation and some shade and hey,who remembers the last time this happened? Big scheme to rid the forums of members. I didn't let it happen then, won't let it happen now. And FYI, it was liberals who were targeted and I defended them because I defend what's right. I don't pick sides. I do what's right. I do the right thing.

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is to the members. In case no one has noticed, OBOB is being ostracized. I suspect this is intentional but I can't say 100%. Now, if that's your thing, by all means, you do you. It's absolutely not Christian in the least to ostracize anyone and it's one of those things that a person should be ashamed of but I digress on that. This personally for me is neither here nor there to me. I really don't have skin in this game. But there are other members who have been very hurt. Opening goodbye threads, copying threads, talking about members, saying how bad it is here, are for what purpose? Serves what purpose? I tell you what it served, it hurt someone you claim to call friend. And it's ostracism, pure and simple. Now, like I said, if that's your thing, fine but don't play any fake false humility, acting like you are so lovy while you are over there and in here, taking bad about OBOB. And no, Colin, this is not singling you out. Y'all know I can't lie to anyone. If I see injustice and my friends being hurt, if I see my friends being attacked, I will call it out. I'm not about two faces and being fake. Like I said, I have no dog in this fight but I see some manipulation and some shade and hey,who remembers the last time this happened? Big scheme to rid the forums of members. I didn't let it happen then, won't let it happen now. And FYI, it was liberals who were targeted and I defended them because I defend what's right. I don't pick sides. I do what's right. I do the right thing.
Do you mean that there could be an orchestrated effort to chase all of the orthodox Catholics out of OBOB?

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of us know exactly what is going on. First of all there is no such thing as liberal Catholic. Second,as many problems as OBOB has had... It has always been one of the most tolerant forums welcoming people other forums would not. But I have no interest in going to a revived forum when there is a lot of self congratulatory back patting, etc. when the same folks were coming over causing problems here not too long ago. Let them have it. They don't want to be challenged. No challenges or discussing the hard stuff then that's their perogative. Tolerance baby! ;) It reminds me a lot of protestant Churches that break off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not understand what is going on. Inreally don't. Please could someone explain?

I also don't. I understand what happened to Muchie and that was garbage. Not sure what's up w/ Colin. The only real recent changes I've taken note of here is a disconcerting push by a handful of so-called traditionalist members (who aren't traditionalists at all) to undermine our Pope and Bishops. Additionally, their slander of these good servants of God has largely gone unchecked by the majority of our posters. I don't think that's what Bene'a getting at. Bene, I understand if you can't be more clear, but please PM me if you're up to talk about it without judgement.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A lot of us know exactly what is going on. First of all there is no such thing as liberal Catholic. Second,as many problems as OBOB has had... It has always been one of the most tolerant forums welcoming people other forums would not. But I have no interest in going to a revived forum when there is a lot of self congratulatory back patting, etc. when the same folks were coming over causing problems here not too long ago. Let them have it. They don't want to be challenged. No challenges or discussing the hard stuff then that's their perogative. Tolerance baby! ;) It reminds me a lot of protestant Churches that break off.
Yeah, I know. I say ignore it. Some members we go back here with should, IMO, be ashamed of themselves. It's not about them wanting to post away from here. It's about them talking about here as if it's some big problem. Post there, do you and don't worry about us. You don't have to make it a point to let every body know you rather be there. That's not humility nor is it Christian.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I also don't. I understand what happened to Muchie and that was garbage. Not sure what's up w/ Colin. The only real recent changes I've taken note of here is a disconcerting push by a handful of so-called traditionalist members (who aren't traditionalists at all) to undermine our Pope and Bishops. Additionally, their slander of these good servants of God has largely gone unchecked by the majority of our posters. I don't think that's what Bene'a getting at. Bene, I understand if you can't be more clear, but please PM me if you're up to talk about it without judgement.

you're right, it's not. and you have no clue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very, very true.
Yeah, I know. I say ignore it. Some members we go back here with should, IMO, be ashamed of themselves. It's not about them wanting to post away from here. It's about them talking about here as if it's some big problem. Post there, do you and don't worry about us. You don't have to make it a point to let every body know you rather be there. That's not humility nor is it Christian.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Mike, for the first time, you have nothing to do with this. OBOB is being ostracized and that's pretty much it.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mike, for the first time, you have nothing to do with this. OBOB is being ostracized and that's pretty much it.

Whew. I generally figure that if someone's doing something stupid, it's me.

Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have not got a clue ither. I went in there because I have some very serious priblems of my own both personally and with some posters in here. Not you Mchie and not youn beneductoo. I got caught up with something that had me terrified and in a very very bad way. I don't know its past, only that I was offered refuge there.,i needed it.,,but I have nothing against anymof you. I was simply scared. If it has hurt anyone here I am sorry. I do not believe in abortion or any of those things. I have verympersonal reasons for that and Indo not support gay marriage. I do not understand, am not tr ying to hurt anybody, but. I se nse th ere is someth ing e lse goin g. On that I am not party to. I am sorry if I played any part in this. I do not know who to trust any more so will trust no one

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And Mike, has nothing to do with the bishops, pope, politics. It's about members hurting other members. Don't turn this into a platform to accuse members of not following the pope. You must know, your harping and dividing is not serving any purpose either. You can think what you want about each person here. Me? Literally it goes into one ear and out the other. Figuratively speaking. It doesn't matter what you think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have not got a clue ither. I went in there because I have some very serious priblems of my own both personally and with some posters in here. Not you Mchie and not youn beneductoo. I got caught up with something that had me terrified and in a very very bad way. I don't know its past, only that I was offered refuge there.,i needed it.,,but I have nothing against anymof you. I was simply scared. If it has hurt anyone here I am sorry. I do not believe in abortion or any of those things. I have verympersonal reasons for that and Indo not support gay marriage. I do not understand, am not tr ying to hurt anybody, but. I se nse th ere is someth ing e lse goin g. On that I am not party to. I am sorry if I played any part in this. I do not know who to trust any more so will trust no one
Angelica, seriously, go there if it makes you feel better and edifies you. You can still come here. But you are right. I have trust issues myself and things are not always as the appear. I have found that out a few times. Now I got boiled eggs I need to peel. I'll check in later!

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is what I'm offended by. That someone like you have gotten caught up in this. You don't deserve this.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
you're right, it's not. and you have no clue.
Well, as long as people respond like that to members here who are seeking sincere heartfelt answers due to sincere heart felt concern, the OP's observation concerning alienating members appears in place.

Maybe what is happening is the venomous that identify as Catholic are so committed to speaking against everything the church stands for post after post are causing people to leave this board. Unfortunately, those dedicants are able to continue their behavior on all boards being they're identifying as Christian.

For my part, tolerating evil wearing a crucifix and refusing to keep them banned when they were so for a couple of days, does not clean up or out the problem here overall.
There are those here who speak in ways against the faith that were they to vocalize as such in church would be subject to discipline or asked to leave. But they're never asked to leave CF.
Instead, those they harass leave. And then they venture to other boards and share what the hell they experienced here. When long term hateful creatures are tolerated because they feed on attacking Christians, word gets around.

It isn't a Catholic thing in my view. It's a poser thing.
This site needs members. People don't need this site.

We're all one in the body of Christ. When the few that claim Christ's name don't act like they know what that means they're a cancer in the body.
Why wouldn't people avoid a place where cancer is allowed to spread tonnes and tonnes of hate each and every time, each and every day.

God protect this forums people of Christ. God knows his own. And so too does his adversary.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
alright, look. Ppl here did not like being disagreed with. They want to post crazy stuff that isnt exactly mainstream and they didnt like differing opinions so they took the show over there where they won't be challenged. Okay, fine. Do that but they didn't just do that, they also went to bad mouth and ostracize. For 5 years that forum laid dormant, now it's been redefined. Good, go. God speed. If you don't want to be corrected or challenged, that's the place too be. Do you better understand now?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.