Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟20,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I have to tell you something.

Today, not only my hot water, but water in general stopped working.

I got even more frustrated. And when it looked like all hope is gone for me, my neighbor called me. Said I have a huge water leak. I have an outside sink, a faucet. This thing bursts every winter. And I went outside and it was leaking a lot, huge water pressure. I had to cut the water supply to the whole house. The whole house! So I got even more frustrated. I got really angry again, then I got really calm. I guess I don't want to give the Devil a foothold by showing him my anger and sadness so he can feed off my negative emotions.

Then I went and I did the biggest prayer in my life with tears in my eyes.
Then I had a super weird idea, tried it, and not only the leak is fixed for now, I actually have hot water again. I guess my Boiler never froze. It was a low pressure problem.

I still cannot believe that this nightmare is already gone. I guess it really is here to pass.

Corinthians 4: 17-18 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.

Ephesians 4:27
And do not give the devil a foothold.

In nomine Patris et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I have to tell you something.

Today, not only my hot water, but water in general stopped working.

I got even more frustrated. And when it looked like all hope is gone for me, my neighbor called me. Said I have a huge water leak. I have an outside sink, a faucet. This thing bursts every winter. And I went outside and it was leaking a lot, huge water pressure. I had to cut the water supply to the whole house. The whole house! So I got even more frustrated. I got really angry again, then I got really calm. I guess I don't want to give the Devil a foothold by showing him my anger and sadness so he can feed off my negative emotions.

Then I went and I did the biggest prayer in my life with tears in my eyes.
Then I had a super weird idea, tried it, and not only the leak is fixed for now, I actually have hot water again. I guess my Boiler never froze. It was a low pressure problem.

I still cannot believe that this nightmare is already gone. I guess it really is here to pass.

Corinthians 4: 17-18 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.

Ephesians 4:27
And do not give the devil a foothold.

In nomine Patris et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

Great to hear your heating is now working. Sounds to me like God has stepped in to help you. Where you mention getting calm, I naturally have anger issues but do find that god at times gives me a peace that passes understanding as well. I have also had times where I should be worried about things in my life but my faith seems to keep that at bay as well. And as for the weird idea, the Lord works in mysterious ways, but I have seen and heard of this type of thing a number of times so it certainly seems to me to be in line with how God works.

I wish you well as you progress with your walk with God. I would urge you to find a church that believes the bible is the true word of God. You have a wonderful walk with God ahead of you. Some times will be highs and other times lows, but God will be there with you if you remain in Him.

One thing I would go back to is forgiveness. God forgives us our sin so we should forgive those who sin against us. This is one of the most important things in life as a Christian. For me it started with a prayer to say to God that I chose to forgive those who had sinned against me. Working it through to total forgiveness takes time though, but it does start with a choice that you want to.

Upvote 0