Can I confess my sins directly to Jesus or must I see a Pastor first ?

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi

I committed a sin about 1 year ago and I have repented from it , asked forgiveness from it and will never do it again

( sin was, I foolishly held a UPC barcode from cardboard packaging from a microwave meal, I held it barcode side touching my forehead for several seconds, I knew it was silly for me to do it yet I still did it ? )

Like I say, I haven't done it again, never will and have sought forgiveness and repented .
Has Jesus forgiven me or will I not be forgiven until I confess with a pastor first ?

Thanks all & God Bless

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know, It would be better if this were just a troll thread and not actually for real..
Because if it's for real than you are a victim of either a fanatical or crazily inept edifier. And no, you don't have to go to a preacher. You don't even have to repent for that. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That would be verse 17.1 of Exodus 20, also known as the ten-and-one-tenth commandment, or the Chimerical Commandment, stating, "Thou shalt not sequentially number thyself with vertical lines. Thou shalt not place it on thy forehead. Thou shalt not place it on thy hand." Most translations omit that verse; I'm not sure why. If you believe me, then take my advice and stop doing it (believing me, that is).

Yeah, there's no sin committed by placing vertical lines on your forehead. Just to be sure, stay out of rooms with wallpaper that has vertical stripes, in case you need to vigorously bang your head against the wall, as I sometimes do.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
( sin was, I foolishly held a UPC barcode from cardboard packaging from a microwave meal, I held it barcode side touching my forehead for several seconds, I knew it was silly for me to do it yet I still did it ? )
Well, ones here already are not convinced you ever did that. But any of us can do things that no one else would even think of doing. So . . . in case you did that, what did that mean to you? Why did you do it? I understand there are people who feel that having a social security number can be connected with taking the mark of the beast. So, I suppose one could feel that a bar code is some sort of a mark; and pressing it against your forehead might be imagined by some to be poetically like taking the mark of the beast on one's wrist or head. But, whatever you thought it meant or imitated, if you have repented, now give your attention to getting real correction so we learn how to be real with God and submit to Him in His peace and find out how to love any and all people.

So, yes, if you have repented of whatever was wrong . . . you are clear, with Jesus. And this is enough; you do not "have" to take this up with a pastor. However, it is good to share with a real example pastor so he or she can get to know you. But keep your attention mainly to how you are discovering how to live for God. But pray about how much you really need to talk about sin problems. And enjoy seeing how you make progress. God is not about only guilt-tripping you and keeping records on us.

But I offer that there are now things we need to stop doing . . . not only certain pleasure no-no's, but things which can hurt our relating with God and with other people; for example, complaining and arguing might not be selfish pleasure sin, but they can be harmful and degrading >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" (in Philippians 2:14-16)

In case you go against love, by complaining or arguing, right then trust God to correct you; do not wait some time to talk to a pastor; but, right away, deal with it, receive forgiveness, and seek God's correction so you learn more how to relate in His love.

And we can help each other >

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

So . . . God has ordained each of us to have mutual confession > "to one another" > and mutual healing prayer > "for one another" > so that we may be "healed" of whatever makes us able to sin, and so we get "healed" more together with God in His love and how He has us loving any and all people.

So, instead of just being concerned about how you might sin and who to talk to, submit to God for correction and share with brothers and sisters who help you get more real in love.

Upvote 0

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, ones here already are not convinced you ever did that. But any of us can do things that no one else would even think of doing. So . . . in case you did that, what did that mean to you? Why did you do it? I understand there are people who feel that having a social security number can be connected with taking the mark of the beast. So, I suppose one could feel that a bar code is some sort of a mark; and pressing it against your forehead might be imagined by some to be poetically like taking the mark of the beast on one's wrist or head. But, whatever you thought it meant or imitated, if you have repented, now give your attention to getting real correction so we learn how to be real with God and submit to Him in His peace and find out how to love any and all people.

So, yes, if you have repented of whatever was wrong . . . you are clear, with Jesus. And this is enough; you do not "have" to take this up with a pastor. However, it is good to share with a real example pastor so he or she can get to know you. But keep your attention mainly to how you are discovering how to live for God. But pray about how much you really need to talk about sin problems. And enjoy seeing how you make progress. God is not about only guilt-tripping you and keeping records on us.

But I offer that there are now things we need to stop doing . . . not only certain pleasure no-no's, but things which can hurt our relating with God and with other people; for example, complaining and arguing might not be selfish pleasure sin, but they can be harmful and degrading >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" (in Philippians 2:14-16)

In case you go against love, by complaining or arguing, right then trust God to correct you; do not wait some time to talk to a pastor; but, right away, deal with it, receive forgiveness, and seek God's correction so you learn more how to relate in His love.

And we can help each other >

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

So . . . God has ordained each of us to have mutual confession > "to one another" > and mutual healing prayer > "for one another" > so that we may be "healed" of whatever makes us able to sin, and so we get "healed" more together with God in His love and how He has us loving any and all people.

So, instead of just being concerned about how you might sin and who to talk to, submit to God for correction and share with brothers and sisters who help you get more real in love.

Thank you,

Just to clarify, Yes, I did do that and I realize it was stupid and foolish, It has been about 1 year since then and I haven't done it since and will never do it again. I asked Jesus to forgive me for it and am repented of doing it.

I don't know why I did it, I think maybe I felt like sort of a rebel as my Mum goes on constantly about how bar codes are 666 and when we go shopping I am expected to act like I'm terrified of barcodes when I'm around her or something and she goes on about almost constantly, it may be that, I'm not sure but I guess I didn't really had a particular reason for doing it but know it was very stupid. I knew it was wrong as I was doing it and as I knew it was wrong whilst I had it held touching my forehead, yet I did it several more times ?!

But yes, I am never going to do that again and I have asked forgiveness but I just don't know how I can be sure I've been forgiven ?

I would like to ask you some questions via bullet points, please reply to every question using a bullet point for each one. it may really help me . okay....

1. How can I know that Jesus has forgiven me ?
2. How bad do you think it was an act ?
3. Please explain what you meant earlier by one could feel that a bar code is some sort of a mark; and pressing it against your forehead might be imagined by some to be poetically like taking the mark of the beast on one's wrist or head. ( please answer what you mean by that and what does poetically like taking the mark of the beast mean)
4. Once forgiven will I have to answer to this on Judgement day ?
5. what do you think the mark of the beast will be when it's here and/or do you think anybody has the mark of the beast now ?

Please, I would really appreciate if you will answer each question under a bullet point, it should really help me

Thanks & God Bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi

I committed a sin about 1 year ago and I have repented from it , asked forgiveness from it and will never do it again

Like I say, I haven't done it again, never will and have sought forgiveness and repented .
Has Jesus forgiven me or will I not be forgiven until I confess with a pastor first ?

Thanks all & God Bless
I assure you you've sinned every day before and after this day. So I'm confused by the question.

Upvote 0

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I assure you you've sinned every day before and after this day. So I'm confused by the question.

I'm referring to the sin of holding a UPC barcode from cardboard packaging barcode side touching my forehead for several seconds.
I was saying I have sought forgiveness, repented and will never do that again

So I am asking if Jesus has forgiven me for that particular sin ?

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm referring to the sin of holding a UPC barcode from cardboard packaging barcode side touching my forehead for several seconds.

Where is the sin of holding a barcode side touching your forehead in Scripture?

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

If you are for real two things are very apparent: you do not know what sin is and you do not know what the Gospel is.

To the first; everything you do is mixed with sin. You commit sin because you are sin. It isn't as much an act as it is a disposition or natural inclination. You sin because it is your nature. You are a sinner by nature and by choice. Nothing you have ever done is pure and holy. Sin isn't something you do it is what you are. You commit sin because you are a sinner. You are not a sinner because you commit sin. Nothing you have ever done is anything but sin. You don't need to repent of a sin you need to repent of being a sinner. Repentance isn't to quit doing a thing it is an attitude that takes sides with God against yourself. To repent of sin is to know that you have nothing to recommend you to God and that if He were to send you to Hell it is just and right.

Religion teaches you that sin is something you do. Religion makes you wonder about whether this thing is sin or that thing but that is not truth it is religious nonsense. Religion is always about things.

Second; you seem to have no idea about the Gospel. The Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and man came into this world on purpose to live and die and be resurrected in the place of sinners. By His perfect life, ignominious death and resurrection He has forever put away the sin of some people and accomplished their everlasting salvation. He has done all that is necessary to bring them into eternal joy and glory and His finished and accomplished work is enough for God and enough for the sinner. All who look to Him in faith, relying totally on His accomplished work alone and nothing of themselves, are forever saved and are united to Him in all that He has done. We are one with Him in His perfect righteousness, pure holiness and everlasting life. We are united to Him by faith alone and not by anything we do or have done. Having been united to Him we are counted as holy and as righteous as God's own Son.

The Lord Jesus is the only hope of sinners. He alone can bring a depraved and wretched sinner into fellowship and reconciliation with God. He is all the hope of peace that there is and in Him is all the sinners redemption, hope, righteousness, holiness and life.

You cannot trust in your feelings, experience, thoughts, desires, visions, dreams, teachings or any other thing to give you peace with God and everlasting life. You can only look to the complete and finished work of Christ as being your own by faith in Him. Seek nothing but Christ. Look to nothing but Christ. Hope in nothing but Christ. He is enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. How can I know that Jesus has forgiven me ?
Ephesians 1:12 > trust in Christ for salvation, if you have not. Trust Jesus who died for our sins to forgive you. And, by the way, be encouraged that every one of us needs Jesus on the cross and how Jesus shed His own blood for us; and Jesus loved us and did all He did on the cross for us > Galatians 2:20.

And, like others are saying, do not be concerned only about one or two sin issues. We all need correction of much more than one or two sin problems. And the main correction has to do with how we are, spiritually, and how we are submissive to God or not, and loving any and all people or not, and how we relate in love. So, this one action or that one deed might not be what we really need to be concerned about so much, though any wrong thing is wrong.

And you need to keep your attention to God and His good > "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." (Colossians 3:2)

2. How bad do you think it was an act ?
I don't think "how" bad it was is the main thing. Most of all, you need your attention to better things, and being encouraged to know how God is generously forgiving. But in the process of being and living forgiven, we need to also be all-forgiving. So, it might be more important to evaluate how well you appreciate our Father's forgiveness and therefore you are going to lovingly and generously forgive others and pray blessing to others. If you let certain isolated things keep your attention away from loving, this is what is really bad!! So, what matters most is not how bad is something which is wrong, but how can it keep us from enjoying God and submitting to Him in His peace (Colossians 3:15) and how can it keep us from being attentive to loving others and helping them to discover how to love?

3. Please explain what you meant earlier by one could feel that a bar code is some sort of a mark; and pressing it against your forehead might be imagined by some to be poetically like taking the mark of the beast on one's wrist or head. ( please answer what you mean by that and what does poetically like taking the mark of the beast mean)
What I mean is that Revelation says that certain people will receive the mark of the beast on their forehead; so if you pressed a bar code to your forehead, in connection with your mother talking about bar codes being somehow a thing of the beast, pressing a bar code to your forehead could somehow seem similar to receiving the mark of the beast. And so, it could be "poetic", since it is seen to be somehow similar. I say it could "seem" so; however, I would say that really it would not have any resemblance to the real receiving of the mark of the beast . . . because of my answer below to "5."

4. Once forgiven will I have to answer to this on Judgement day ?
no > if a person becomes a Christian, he or she becomes a new person in Jesus > you might read and feed on 2 Corinthians 5:17, and consider how this means to become "born again" > you become a new person who leaves behind all of your past. And if you become saved, this means you get started in trusting Jesus to correct you and teach you how to love, and you learn to live in Jesus Christ's "rest for your souls." Please see Matthew 11:28-30 and pray about this and trust God to do this with you.

If you become a new person, you no longer are the one who did your past wrong things and things which might not have been obviously wrong. So, how can God charge you for sins of that old person who no longer exists?? Plus, you are now into learning how to love, instead of doing that past stuff; so it is not even practical for God to now hold you accountable for what you don't even do and do not have the character to do . . . or at least you are growing in love so you do certain things less and less > in Jesus, we are becoming love persons, instead of who we were while doing our past sins. But we are not perfect; so we can give in to wrong things, still. But, also, we are discovering things that are wrong, which we might not have thought to be wrong > such as unforgiveness, one example of something perhaps much more dangerous and destructive than pressing a bar code to your head when that does not even really mean much to you. Invest your attention, then, in finding out how God has us loving. Seek His correction > Hebrews 12:4-10.

5. what do you think the mark of the beast will be when it's here and/or do you think anybody has the mark of the beast now ?
I consider > it is not necessarily about an outward thing put on a person. But in any case we need to make sure we do not have in us what could make us able to accept the mark. In us, we need to make sure Jesus is first so that we would not worship the beast and take his mark. And we need to be strong in Jesus so we are ready to have our heads cut off, rather than bow down to Satan and his wicked beast. And if you know how love is, it should be "easy" to not want to go along with Satan and his miserable and ruined kingdom of selfishness. Make sure we do not have "love of money" (1 Timothy 6:10); if we depend on money and food and being able to buy and sell things, we could be scared and pressured into accepting the mark of the beast so we can have things money can buy; so it is important to know our Father is the One to take care of us, and He cares about us more and better than we can worry and care about our own selves >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

And there is always more to learn; and it is good to share with mature Jesus people who help you get real with God and learn how to relate in love, while growing in ability to keep your mind and attention where you belong. So, don't isolate yourself, including getting isolated with pleasures and problems and questions which cut you off from people who are good for you.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 1:12 > trust in Christ for salvation, if you have not. Trust Jesus who died for our sins to forgive you. And, by the way, be encouraged that every one of us needs Jesus on the cross and how Jesus shed His own blood for us; and Jesus loved us and did all He did on the cross for us > Galatians 2:20.

And, like others are saying, do not be concerned only about one or two sin issues. We all need correction of much more than one or two sin problems. And the main correction has to do with how we are, spiritually, and how we are submissive to God or not, and loving any and all people or not, and how we relate in love. So, this one action or that one deed might not be what we really need to be concerned about so much, though any wrong thing is wrong.

And you need to keep your attention to God and His good > "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." (Colossians 3:2)

I don't think "how" bad it was is the main thing. Most of all, you need your attention to better things, and being encouraged to know how God is generously forgiving. But in the process of being and living forgiven, we need to also be all-forgiving. So, it might be more important to evaluate how well you appreciate our Father's forgiveness and therefore you are going to lovingly and generously forgive others and pray blessing to others. If you let certain isolated things keep your attention away from loving, this is what is really bad!! So, what matters most is not how bad is something which is wrong, but how can it keep us from enjoying God and submitting to Him in His peace (Colossians 3:15) and how can it keep us from being attentive to loving others and helping them to discover how to love?

What I mean is that Revelation says that certain people will receive the mark of the beast on their forehead; so if you pressed a bar code to your forehead, in connection with your mother talking about bar codes being somehow a thing of the beast, pressing a bar code to your forehead could somehow seem similar to receiving the mark of the beast. And so, it could be "poetic", since it is seen to be somehow similar. I say it could "seem" so; however, I would say that really it would not have any resemblance to the real receiving of the mark of the beast . . . because of my answer below to "5."

no > if a person becomes a Christian, he or she becomes a new person in Jesus > you might read and feed on 2 Corinthians 5:17, and consider how this means to become "born again" > you become a new person who leaves behind all of your past. And if you become saved, this means you get started in trusting Jesus to correct you and teach you how to love, and you learn to live in Jesus Christ's "rest for your souls." Please see Matthew 11:28-30 and pray about this and trust God to do this with you.

If you become a new person, you no longer are the one who did your past wrong things and things which might not have been obviously wrong. So, how can God charge you for sins of that old person who no longer exists?? Plus, you are now into learning how to love, instead of doing that past stuff; so it is not even practical for God to now hold you accountable for what you don't even do and do not have the character to do . . . or at least you are growing in love so you do certain things less and less > in Jesus, we are becoming love persons, instead of who we were while doing our past sins. But we are not perfect; so we can give in to wrong things, still. But, also, we are discovering things that are wrong, which we might not have thought to be wrong > such as unforgiveness, one example of something perhaps much more dangerous and destructive than pressing a bar code to your head when that does not even really mean much to you. Invest your attention, then, in finding out how God has us loving. Seek His correction > Hebrews 12:4-10.

I consider > it is not necessarily about an outward thing put on a person. But in any case we need to make sure we do not have in us what could make us able to accept the mark. In us, we need to make sure Jesus is first so that we would not worship the beast and take his mark. And we need to be strong in Jesus so we are ready to have our heads cut off, rather than bow down to Satan and his wicked beast. And if you know how love is, it should be "easy" to not want to go along with Satan and his miserable and ruined kingdom of selfishness. Make sure we do not have "love of money" (1 Timothy 6:10); if we depend on money and food and being able to buy and sell things, we could be scared and pressured into accepting the mark of the beast so we can have things money can buy; so it is important to know our Father is the One to take care of us, and He cares about us more and better than we can worry and care about our own selves >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

And there is always more to learn; and it is good to share with mature Jesus people who help you get real with God and learn how to relate in love, while growing in ability to keep your mind and attention where you belong. So, don't isolate yourself, including getting isolated with pleasures and problems and questions which cut you off from people who are good for you.
I am only going to comment on the bolded part. We need more than Jesus on the cross. We need Him to live a perfect life in our place, to die bearing our sin and putting it away and for Him to rise from the grave because of our justification. We need the whole work of Christ not just His death. The Apostles preached a resurrected Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need more than Jesus on the cross.
"For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life." (Romans 5:10)

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Live for God. Luke 10 tells us: Jesus was asked: " Master, what must I do to inherit eternal life? Jesus answered: You know Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus told us:" The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." Jesus also told us:
On these two Commandments hang all the Law and all the Prophets. Do this and follow Jesus, Jesus is The Way.
Matthew 7:7-10 tells us: " Ask and you shall receive," we ask God for Love and Joy, then we thank God and share all
love and Joy with your neighbour. Keep asking and thanking God, then share all Love and Joy with your neighbour.
(neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friend and not friend) As for your sins, change into loving and caring, and confess your sins to God, our Heavenly Father. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you have a peace that passes all understanding, you know youve been forgiven.

If you dont have that peace and still remembering something you done years ago and still doing it, then, I suggest a closer walk with Jesus and remind yourself of what hes done for you.

If you want to talk to a pastor about spiritual matters, thats fine, he can help you, if you still bothered about it. Fwiw I just think you need to read the bible more and ask God for wisdom and understanding.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The mark of the beast is not something you put on yourself.
It will be forced on people so they cannot buy and sell without it. You can read what it says in the book of Revelation about it if you not sure.

Im sorry if your mum is confusing you about what it means.

Upvote 0