Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm surprised this forum allows people to quote heretical pro-gnostic authors like Pagels.
She studies religion she isn't a religious leader. I doubt that was even a statement of her belief. It was a reconstruction of Valentinian exegesis based on her studies. I offered it as an example of one way of understanding the verse. Do her findings scare you? Does a free exchange of ideas between Christians scare you? If not then why the reference to censorship?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She studies religion she isn't a religious leader. I doubt that was even a statement of her belief. It was a reconstruction of Valentinian exegesis based on her studies. I offered it as an example of one way of understanding the verse. Do her findings scare you? Does a free exchange of ideas between Christians scare you? If not then why the reference to censorship?
These are are not Christian ideas, they are vain philosophies and scripture being twisted to fit into them.
Truth always wins out, scared hardly. Offended by liberal "Christians" (and i use that term lightly) who try to make God's word into saying that good is evil and evil is good, as the spirit spoke through Isaiah saying "woe to you" who do these things.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These are are not Christian ideas, they are vain philosophies and scripture being twisted to fit into them.
I can respect the fact that this is your view. It's certainly your right to feel that way if you so desire. The fact is people say that about every Christian belief they disagree with though. A more conservative Protestant might say the same thing about Roman Catholic belief regarding the Virgin Mary. A Catholic traditionalist might say the same about Protestant beliefs regarding salvation. And so on.... It's pretty much a standard line that can be attached to any attack on another persons views. Just insert an un backed assertion that something is vain an twisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rdr Iakovos

Nov 4, 2004
Funkytown
✟8,010.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Can ANYONE be saved? Which of you is not one of the above?

Of course homosexuals can be saved.

Tend to your planks!

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So I can relate to the bondage thing. I've asked for God's help and am working on this. I found I no longer have to settle for "well, that's just the way I am," finding excuses. No, darn it, I can beat this with God's help! And beat any other struggle!!
:clap::clap: You go girl, you can do this!

As far as homosexuals being saved. Anybody can be saved by repentance and living the life of Christ. Pick up our crosses and follow Him. Turn away from our sins. :)
It's a hard knock life! :p
Seriously though, if we but turn our eyes upon Jesus 24/7 we can't
help but be transformed. this is the ONLY way, HE is the Way...

God doesn't tolerate sin

picture-2757.jpg
How does he feel about daffiness?

Perhaps what bothers me the most in conversations like this is the way in which we treat this one thing as some ultimate form of sinfulness while allowing ourselves to completely justify certain actions and behaviors--or at least making excuses or lessening the trouble of said actions and behaviors--which are consistently spoken against within Sacred Scripture and the historic teachings of the Church.
I think that's only because this thread is specifically about that one "Sin"
I use quotations because as you know, it's now considered many things
rather than sin..
A "lifestyle"
A "genetic mutation" etc.

For all that God has said against the abuse of power, against greed and hoarding wealth, against affluence in the face of poverty and hunger and apathy toward the poor and the hungry there is level of outrage against these like there is against two consenting adults of the same sex in their own bedroom.
Seriously? Maybe you're more sensitive to that for some reason.
Personally, my beef is about division and that's the one you'll hear
me get really vocal about.

OR..maybe because folks curl their lip in disgust at this one more because
it really can make some folks wanna lose their lunch....

There is no outrage against the rich agenda, there is no outrage against the abomination of mistreatment of the poor. There are no picketers or organized groups claiming "God hates rich people" or "God hates those apathetic toward justice". We don't have crazy preachers saying that this earthquake or that tornado or this hurricane is the result of God's wrath against our social apathy, our haughtiness, our perverse affluence, our militarism and violence.
Now that's a good point!
But maybe we're just acting like our Daddy....?

And despite the fact that each and every one who reads this post knows danged well what the Scriptures teach about how God feels about these things--because it's so very, very clearly written about in His word--there will be some who will shrug this off as some "liberal" blah blah blah instead of genuine Christian concern for the very soul of Christ's Church and what it means to call oneself a Christian.

God have mercy on us all.

-CryptoLutheran
[/QUOTE]
I believe we are called to reconciliation and love, but we do that God's
way if we want success...

New Living Translation (©2007)
I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a
believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don't even eat with such people.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.
King James Bible
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a
drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

The Bible only addresses the creation purpose for man and woman in faithful union and other sexual deviations as error. Heterosexual and homosexual are concepts not found in God's word. As to this concept of homosexuality, God's Biblical testimony describes men abandoning the natural use of women and committing indecent acts with other men as error and sexual immorality. There is o concept of God creating 'homosexuals' or people who are homosexual, nor for that matter 'heterosexual'

Jesus has made the way for all to be saved, all He has created, but there is no point in discussing whether He can save who He hasnt created.

For those who think people are homosexuals, ask yourself are they men or women? If so, now you know who God has created.

• Winner
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NB. There are people who have same sex attraction, yes they are saved through faith in Christ, but through faith in Christ they know God's purposes for man and woman in union, or celibacy.

I like your answer. :thumbsup:

Probably largely due to the fact that I agree. :D

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't rule out the possiblity that a person could come to a point where they no longer felt attraction to the same sex but I don't think it's something that happens all to often. Even more importantly, in most cases, I don't think it would be worth the pain and struggle of the "therapy" when there is nothing wrong with same sex attraction to begin with. It would be like changing left handed people to being right handed except a LOT harder to do. If it REALLY bothered someone then it might be worth the effort (and the risk that it wouldn't work) but if they have no problem with it why waste the effort to change? I wish the people trying to change the best but I certainly wouldn't demand of every Christian.

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Lu 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

brightmorningstar

I wouldn't rule out the possiblity that a person could come to a point where they no longer felt attraction to the same sex but I don't think it's something that happens all to often. Even more importantly, in most cases, I don't think it would be worth the pain and struggle of the "therapy" when there is nothing wrong with same sex attraction to begin with. It would be like changing left handed people to being right handed except a LOT harder to do. If it REALLY bothered someone then it might be worth the effort (and the risk that it wouldn't work) but if they have no problem with it why waste the effort to change? I wish the people trying to change the best but I certainly wouldn't demand of every Christian.
The Christian is the changed person, its not therapy. The Christian still has some of the snful temptations they had before they were born again, its just that now their desire is not to act on them

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Ishraqiyun,
So you think people lose same sex attraction when they become Christian? Not acting on attraction to the same sex doesn't mean you are not gay. Gay is an orientation not an act.
The testimonies of some people show they are rid of same sex attraction when they are born again to Christ. Yes of course.
However the Bible, addresses the wrong sexual behaviour outside man woman marriage, which should be faithful as error and not God's creation purpose for man and woman. There is no concept of gay or straight people in God's Biblical testimony, you have got that concept from human cultual thinking and reasoning, not from God.
see Gen 2, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5 for God's creation purpose for man and woman.
see Gen 19, Lev 18 & 20, 1 Cor 5-7, Romans 1 for same sex relationships sexual immorality.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The people who say that becoming Christians makes you cease being gay. They are in effect saying that all the gay people who consider themselves Christians are just deluding themselves. As long as they gay they will not be saved. That type thinking.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.