Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If satan cannot read our thoughts how does he know our weaknesses? I believe he can, this is why the Apostle Paul tells us to keep renewing our minds especially before we pray otherwise we can easily be destracted.

Cops don't need to read a drunk's mind to know he's drunk

Upvote 0
C

childofmercy

I don't believe at all that the enemy can hear our private conversations with the Lord. Satan only attempts to be like the Lord but he will never fill those shoes.

I believe, as others said, it's our words and actions that clue him in. If we walk around saying 'I really need a cigarette or I really need this or that', we can be sure he will put every temptation known to man in front of us. If we walk around all afraid and worried about this and that even your neighbor can read that. I believe it's, among other reasons, one reason to remember there is power in our words. Satan gains his 'power' through manipulation, lies and all things evil. He's not God. He does it ny knowing scripture better than we ever will and watching and waiting to distort every truth, not by listening in on our private conversations with the Lord. I can't imagine God ever allowing something that would feel like a betrayal to us. How could we possibly feel safe talking to the Lord if that were true.

So, my question on this subject is wouldn't it make sense then when we rebuke satan and his ways and command him to leave us alone in Jesus name that we would do it out loud or how else would he hear it? It makes sense to me, anyway. jmo

Upvote 0

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟24,848.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean, CoM, when you say "private conversation with the Lord"? Prayers unspoken? Or prayers spoken? If the latter, you're expecting God to prevent any demons from hearing? Even though everyone else on this thread believes demons do hear?
We've failed to find Bible guidance on the OP. The opinions we have heard are prejudice or personal or pastoral guidance.
Next we should look outside the bible. What does the literature show about whether demons can read minds?

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see no reason to think spirits can read human thoughts. Why should they have been given such a tool that could be used against God's children? It makes no sense, and unless there is biblical evidence to suggest they can, why even consider the possibility?

As for them eavesdropping on prayer - so what? All they will hear is love, faith, hope, praise...they cannot abide that stuff!

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay..You know satan plants seeds of rebellion if they are not in thought then how are the seeds planted?

We can "hear" suggestions from the enemy as if they were our own thoughts or ideas.
Spirits may speak to us, but that doesn't mean they can see into our minds -it's one-way traffic.

Upvote 0

OpenDoor

Faith + Hope + Love
Apr 17, 2007
✟10,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean, CoM, when you say "private conversation with the Lord"? Prayers unspoken? Or prayers spoken? If the latter, you're expecting God to prevent any demons from hearing? Even though everyone else on this thread believes demons do hear?
We've failed to find Bible guidance on the OP.
idea :idea:

Satan is a liar. When he lies he speaks his native language, and there is no truth in him.

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
John 8:44

As true worshipers we will worship in spirit and truth.

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
John 4:23

It is possible that when we pray to our Father (even out loud). Satan can not understand the language for it is spirit and truth, which Satan might not be able to understand (to him a foreign language).

Now if this is true with Satan how much more so with his demons since they are under him.

A student is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebub, how much more the members of his household!
Matthew 10:24-25

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If satan cannot read our thoughts how does he know our weaknesses? I believe he can, this is why the Apostle Paul tells us to keep renewing our minds especially before we pray otherwise we can easily be destracted.
he is supernatural and has the ability to see details that seem impossible, but he cannot know your heart/mind....only what you show outwardly. do youb have a pokerface?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JudgeEden

Lone Wolf
May 27, 2008
Washington
✟15,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Short answer: no
Long answer: demons are spirits they don't have vocal cords or ear drums. If you think toward a demon it will "hear" you.

I tend to agree that demons cannot see into your thoughts, but what are you saying? That demons are unable to speak or hear?

That makes absolutely no sense, of course they can. You dont need vocal chords or ear drums for those functions if your a spirit entity. If that were true, Paranormal Investigators wouldn't record any EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomena) nor would they have conversation with them.

So yes, demons can and do indeed speak and hear.

Upvote 0

OpenDoor

Faith + Hope + Love
Apr 17, 2007
✟10,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If that were true, Paranormal Investigators wouldn't record any EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomena) nor would they have conversation with them.

So yes, demons can and do indeed speak and hear.
amazing!

Jesus loves you

-side story
I remember when people were debating on whether or not Pluto was a planet. I heard someone say, "that in issue 437 of Fanatic Four. Galactus on the way to Earth ate Pluto. Therefore, Pluto must be a planet!" lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

nhisname

he is supernatural and has the ability to see details that seem impossible, but he cannot know your heart/mind....only what you show outwardly. do youb have a pokerface?

Php. 4:7
Do not br anxious about anything , but in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace pf God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Rom 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world , but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good and pleasing and perfect will.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard many say that Satan/demons cannot read thoughts but I've yet to see scripture that backs this up

Amen. That's the fact.
The rest of you are just blowing smoke.

I've yet to see a scripture that suggests they can read thoughts.

(Because there aren't any.)

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟24,848.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've yet to see a scripture that suggests they can read thoughts.
(Because there aren't any.)
:)
How about "Pray without ceasing"? Why tell us to pray if that's going to expose our thoughts to demons who could not otherwise know them?

Upvote 0
C

childofmercy

your right, I don't know for sure if they can and you don't know either

.. and that would be where faith steps in .. can't see faith, but it's Truth .. it was the faith of Christ Jesus, Himself, that 'it is done' .. can't see the faith (intangible) but it's still the Truth .. some things we must trust the Lord on .. and that's where a few drop off .. it just isn't all about EXACTLY what's written .. that's only the beginning of the journey .. the understanding comes from Him. I trust and have faith the Lord won't allow the enemy any ability detrimental to my well-being .. and the Lord is still, after all, the one in control .. although, I can't prove to anyone's satisfaction the enemy can't hear our prayers, I have faith he can't.

Upvote 0

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟24,848.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
.. and that would be where faith steps in .. can't see faith, but it's Truth .. it was the faith of Christ Jesus, Himself, that 'it is done' .. can't see the faith (intangible) but it's still the Truth .. some things we must trust the Lord on .. and that's where a few drop off .. it just isn't all about EXACTLY what's written .. that's only the beginning of the journey .. the understanding comes from Him. I trust and have faith the Lord won't allow the enemy any ability detrimental to my well-being .. and the Lord is still, after all, the one in control .. although, I can't prove to anyone's satisfaction the enemy can't hear our prayers, I have faith he can't.
How can one argue against, "I said it, I believe it, and that settles it."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.