Not open for further replies.

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am inclined to say no...that is why we pray in our heads...so the devil (and his minions can not hear you)....I think if someone were to be possessed then YES the demon has full access to the mind...but in general, do you think they were given the ability to know our thoughts?

I take no responsibility for myself. The Devil made me do it.^_^

Reactions: MrPolo
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am inclined to say no...that is why we pray in our heads...so the devil (and his minions can not hear you)....I think if someone were to be possessed then YES the demon has full access to the mind...but in general, do you think they were given the ability to know our thoughts?
I agree with your line of thought

as for Job, Satan did not know his thoughts....just his actions/inactions...and I do not think Satan is classified as a demon, but a fallen angel, the same as the sons of God in Gen6 who MATED with humans...

Satan and the sons of God are very physical, demons are not.

Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
as for Job, Satan did not know his thoughts....just his actions/inactions...and I do not think Satan is classified as a demon, but a fallen angel, the same as the sons of God in Gen6 who MATED with humans...[/COLOR]

Satan and the sons of God are very physical, demons are not.

I only brought up Job in the sense that God sometimes suspends "rules" normally imposed upon Satan, i.e. to afflict Job at all! That is the principle at work. You are correct, that he did not necessarily afflict Job's thoughts in that particular example.

But as for Satan, he is not physical, but pure spirit, like all angels. He is a fallen angel. Angels who sometimes manifest themselves in the physical realm do so under special circumstances so that humans can see them for whatever is God's purpose at that time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Mrs.Amy. No, demons cannot read our thoughts, but like their master, they are skilled in watching every movement, and then jump to the right, or nearly right conclusion. Like you, Mrs.Amy, I do not let them see what is in my thoughts, I talk to the Lord in my head, unless it is praise and thanks for all He has done. It is always better to puzzle them, perhaps then they will leave us alone. I say this humbly and with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I only brought up Job in the sense that God sometimes suspends "rules" normally imposed upon Satan, i.e. to afflict Job at all! That is the principle at work. You are correct, that he did not necessarily afflict Job's thoughts in that particular example.

But as for Satan, he is not physical, but pure spirit, like all angels. He is a fallen angel. Angels who sometimes manifest themselves in the physical realm do so under special circumstances so that humans can see them for whatever is God's purpose at that time.

maybe we'll have to agree to disagree about Satan.

the angels and Satan are very physical...not flesh, but physical non the less.....a spiritual body...the fallen ones even left their heavenly dwelling place and mated with Adam's daughters...against God's plan, and are going to pay the ultimate price...

Upvote 0

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟24,848.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's cause they can't. Acts 19:13-20. It was a spoken conversation. Not done in "secret".
I agree with Mrs. Amy in Post #3. Acts 19-20 proves nothing regarding the OP.
We do see here that demons apparently hear what exorcists say. But not even that, really. The demons could be reading the thoughts of the exorcists--which makes better sense anyway, as spirits do not have eardrums.
Anyone have any better indications? Or are you all listeners to the Bible Answer Man (Hank Hanegraff) with his dogmatic denial that demons can read the thoughts of Christians?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
My wife can "read my mind". (25yrs)

...Sometimes I wonder if she's possesed. (kidding)
My wife can read my mind also. (29 years)

And when she doesn't like what she reads, she has the ability to change my mind for me!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.