can christians smoke weed

http://web.mit.edu/murj/www/v11/v11-Features/v11-f4.pdf

From what I understand, over 400,000 people in the U.S die each year from obesity. Can you show me a link where it says how many people die from cannabis use and driving? I am guessing the number is like a couple hundred, if that.

I am sorry to say, but you are defending a weak argument. Besides tobacco use, obesity related deaths is the number 2 killer in the U.S.A. Next time you use the verse about treating ones body as a temple remember to take the plank out of your eye, before you take the spec out of your brothers.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Setting an example? To who? I do it sometimes before I go to bed to help me sleep! I have taken "prescription" drugs in the past that have given me horrible side effects, should I stay on those even though they are hurting my body?

This isn't some everyday use kind of thing, maybe once or twice a month to numb the pain and help me sleep. I have had to go in 3 different times to get my wisdom teeth pulled out and they gave me "laughing" gas! Now that is mind altering. I mean, I could have went without the gas, but it sure helped the pain and made me relax. But Christians wouldnt view that as a sin would they? Cannabis has this bad stigma attached to it and people think it is evil, but God created the plant(man created prescription drugs).

Plus I use a vaporizer so I dont inhale any smoke or I can make cookies out of it(i bet the butter in the cookies kills me before the cannabis does lol). Also cannabis smoke is nowhere near as harmful as cigarettes.

I use to be totally against cannabis my whole life but it wasnt until I learnt more about it that I became aware about how safe it is.

Yes God did make the plant but we as humans came up with the process on how to make it have effects on our body it doesn't grow naturally with those effects. God also made the Coca plant so because it is from the Earth should all Christians snort cocaine?

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I said "last" year, this is 2009 :)

Also lots of people die in car accidents because they have head aches. I was trying to point out that your comment on "treating your body as a temple" would be better aimed at people eating McDonalds and drinking coffee at Starbucks.

How are you even going to talk about obesity when you are talking about pot considering one of the side effects is the munchies. And people who smoke pot gain more weight and eat a lot.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes God did make the plant but we as humans came up with the process on how to make it have effects on our body it doesn't grow naturally with those effects. God also made the Coca plant so because it is from the Earth should all Christians snort cocaine?
Cocaine is has a chemical process it has to be made you don't just take a coca plant and leave it out in the sun and all of a sudden you have coke. That's not how it works, there are several different processes to it that involve to extract one chemical in a coca plant. Chocolate is made from the same plant should that be illegal as well?

Weed on the other hand is a plant, that when smoked properly has no chemical man made addititves or extracts. The short version you get a plant you hang it upside down it drys you smoke it the entire plant.

Also weed is not physically addictive you won't see someone in a corner talking about how they feel sick they think they're dying because they didnt smoke a ziggy that day.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How are you even going to talk about obesity when you are talking about pot considering one of the side effects is the munchies. And people who smoke pot gain more weight and eat a lot.
Are you serious because that has no medical evidence.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cocaine is has a chemical process it has to be made you don't just take a coca plant and leave it out in the sun and all of a sudden you have coke. That's not how it works, there are several different processes to it that involve to extract one chemical in a coca plant. Chocolate is made from the same plant should that be illegal as well?

Weed on the other hand is a plant, that when smoked properly has no chemical man made addititves or extracts. The short version you get a plant you hang it upside down it drys you smoke it the entire plant.

Also weed is not physically addictive you won't see someone in a corner talking about how they feel sick they think they're dying because they didnt smoke a ziggy that day.

No if you smoke weed from right outside it won't do a thing you have to hang it upside down to let the thc drain into the leaves you have to let it dry and then smoke it for it to work. so it has to go through a process also. They also add a lot of stuff to weed now to enhance their crops so it has a lot of extra chemicals added. I use to smoke pot I know how it works. So the excuse that it came from the Earth is crap. And Chocolate is from the coco plant not the coca plant lol they are different. And it is addictive why do you think they call it the gateway drug it no longer becomes enough for people and they have to have something stronger to meet their craving my brother is a major pot head and he was unable to stop for one month to take a drug test for court. You can get addicted and reliant on pot and it's side effects. < staff edit > < staff edit >

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No if you smoke weed from right outside it won't do a thing you have to hang it upside down to let the thc drain into the leaves you have to let it dry and then smoke it for it to work. so it has to go through a process also. They also add a lot of stuff to weed now to enhance their crops so it has a lot of extra chemicals added. I use to smoke pot I know how it works. So the excuse that it came from the Earth is crap. And Chocolate is from the coco plant not the coca plant lol they are different. And it is addictive why do you think they call it the gateway drug it no longer becomes enough for people and they have to have something stronger to meet their craving my brother is a major pot head and he was unable to stop for one month to take a drug test for court. You can get addicted and reliant on pot and it's side effects.< staff edit > < staff edit >.

< staff edit > < staff edit
I smoked weed from the ages of 11 to 18 I never stole for weed, prostituted my body for weed I didn't end up in a corner and have the shakes because I didn't smoke weed before. My then girlfriend now my wife didn't like smoking because it's illegal and asked me not to do it again and I haven't. And all that additives is easily spotted the people I was getting my weed from grew it on the mountains couldn't even have sex all they did was grow erbs.....

All your views on weed are not biblical its based on western societies pop culture. If weed is illegal in your country don't smoke it simple thats why I don't. However if you are saying smoking weed is a sin then you are just following a European ideals that have nothing to do with the bible. It's man made religion not God made homie.

< staff edit > < staff edit > , I know several people that smoke and I know even more people that have legal issues. NOOONE of the people I know would smoke weed and have to go to court that's actually documented by the courts. If you value your smoking more then you value your freedom then you more then likely don't just smoke weed.

Weed is only a gate way drug if you are a gate way smoker.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
< staff edit >
It is just the stat quo way of thinking, western eurocentric ideology, basically pop culture says it's bad so the bible has to say it's a sin. No, no where in the bible does it say thou shall not or you should not or stay away from weed or calamus as it was called back in the hebrew days.

However people missed the scripture where Jesus talks about divorce, where he actually stated how God views divorce and the only reason for divorce is.....and what sin it is if you do something outside of the reason Jesus stated. But read peoples posts on that topic "no its not a sin to get remarried God doesn't want you to be alone" "you can get remarried and ask God to forgive you thats ok" sometimes the Church(not my church but the church) makes me so sick.

People twists scriptures to make the society's norm God's norm, and it doesn't work like that. The bible tells us not to add to His word or take away from It. Don't say "you can't be a christian and smoke weed" because no where in the bible does it say that. What you can say is "I feel weed is wrong" but don't put words in God's mouth.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
can christians smoke weed

U bet! Paul said: all things are lawful unto me, but not all things are beneficial.
If u only want to do something to be part of a group-then check your motives, infact check your motives anyway.

Perrfekt quoted (kinda) u a scripture earlier: Here it is in the amp version

13Let us live and conduct ourselves honorably and becomingly as in the [open light of] day, not in reveling (carousing) and drunkenness, not in immorality and debauchery (sensuality and licentiousness), not in quarreling and jealousy.

Reveling=is a key word, drinking (even to the point of a buzz) is not a "sin", but is it beneficial? The same is true of over eating, or getting Fanatical about anything (ex: sports, money). Balance is the key to life, motives are the key to balance. Another problem with weed is that it is illegal in most states, there are penalties, if you get caught & do not have a medical authorization, or being "high" can qualify you for a DUI if u drive (so can cough syrup)-but my ? to you is WHY do it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
< staff edit > < staff edit >

Here you go. I agree with some of things Grace said as well, it is all about balance.

And the earth brought forth grass and herb yielding seed after its kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:12)

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so." And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen. 1:29-31)

(No prohibition of cannabis or any other drug is made in the Ten Commandments: See Ex. 20:1-17)

(Cannabis is mentioned in Ex. 30:23 but King James mistranslated it as 'sweet calamus') :
Moreover, the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even 250 shekels, and of qaneh-bosm [cannabis] 250 shekels, 24 And of cassia 500 shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: 25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy anointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil. 26 And thous shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony, 27 And the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick ahd his vessels, and the altar of incense, 28 And the altar of burnt offerings with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot. 29 And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy: whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy. (Exodus 30:22-29)

* As one shekel equals approximately 16.37 grams, this means that the THC from over 9 pounds of flowering cannabis tops were extracted into a hind, about 6.5 litres of oil. The entheogenic effects of such a solution -- even when applied topically -would undoubtedly have been intense.
He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth. (Psalm 104:14-15)

The Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches. (Is. 18:4-5)

And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. (Ezekiel 34:29)

(Jesus:) "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man." (Matt. 15:11)

One believeth that he may eat all things. Another&#8230;eateth herbs. &#8230; Let us not, therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Epistle of St. Paul: Romans 14: 2,3,13,14,17)

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereupon thou hast attained. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-6)

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Rev. 22:1-2)

It all comes down to interpretation. It is a wonder why there are over 38,000 Christian denominations?

The main truth is, love Jesus, love others, and bicker about everything else lol.

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat

MOD HAT ON

This thread has undergone a major cleanup to remove or edit posts due to flaming, goading, and promotion of illegalities. Please take some time to review the Sitewide Rules which include, but are not limited to the following:

Flaming and Harassment
&#9679;
Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
&#9679; If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
&#9679; Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.

Off-Topic posts
Respect and become familiar with each forum's Statement of Purpose. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose; submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion. Off Topic posts will be moved or removed.

Topics Needing Special Consideration and **Promotion: Illegal Activity&#9679; Do not promote illegal activity.
**Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

This thread cleanup was done in an effort to avoid numerous reports and staff actions, however in the future posts that violate the above rules will be reported.
If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Thanks everyone!

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

MOD HAT ON

This thread has undergone a major cleanup to remove or edit posts due to flaming, goading, and promotion of illegalities. Please take some time to review the Sitewide Rules which include, but are not limited to the following:

Flaming and Harassment
&#9679;
Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
&#9679; If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
&#9679; Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.

Off-Topic posts
Respect and become familiar with each forum's Statement of Purpose. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose; submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion. Off Topic posts will be moved or removed.

Topics Needing Special Consideration and **Promotion: Illegal Activity&#9679; Do not promote illegal activity.
**Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

This thread cleanup was done in an effort to avoid numerous reports and staff actions, however in the future posts that violate the above rules will be reported.
If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Thanks everyone!

MOD HAT OFF

Lol, I had to wiki goading. What a funny word.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
my freinds want me to smoke weed as i christian can i
Weed is a dead end.
It may give you a momentary "high" but that "high" will wear off
and leave you lower than when you began.
Pot is addictive and so you may find that at first you
really like it and begin smoking it more and more.

The trouble is that the intial "high" you get becomes harder
to achieve so more pot is needed and more money is diverted
to your persuit of a "high" you will never regain as your body
becomes use to the pot and all you end up with is a "buzz"
(an altered state of consciousness that you become addicted to)

When I say you become addicted to this altered state of consciousness,
I mean that when you are not "buzzed" you will feel irritable and out of
sorts and you will crave the drug and not feel normal until
you get buzzed again.

So why do you want to alter you reality to the point you need
to self medicate yourself just to feel "normal"

Pot is a gateway drug because once it loses its appeal,
you will seek something stronger with a better "high".

If you are a Christian and feel a need for a "high",
I would recommend getting high on God.

Of all the drugs I have sampled, nothing comes close to the
highs I have experianced while in the presence of God's Holy Spirit
in my life.

If you have never felt God's power and presence come upon you,
I would begin to pray and ask God to give you more of His Holy Spirit.

Why do you think that the New testament writers compared
intoxication with wine and the Holy Spirit?

Wine was the only real drug of their day and so they compared
the joy, love, peace and power of the presence of the Holy
Spirit in their lives as superior to intoxication with wine.

Ephesians 5:18
And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation;
but be filled with the Spirit,

Like I said, out of all the drugs I have tried, Jesus is the best..:thumbsup:

And do not be intoxicated with weed, in which is dissipation;

Ask God for more of His Holy spirit...

Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!&#8221;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like I said, out of all the drugs I have tried, Jesus is the best..
thumbsup.gif

Seconded. I use to like weed. Don't do it anymore bc of my relationship with Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Weed is a dead end.
It may give you a momentary "high" but that "high" will wear off
and leave you lower than when you began.
Pot is addictive and so you may find that at first you
really like it and begin smoking it more and more.

The trouble is that the intial "high" you get becomes harder
to achieve so more pot is needed and more money is diverted
to your persuit of a "high" you will never regain as your body
becomes use to the pot and all you end up with is a "buzz"
(an altered state of consciousness that you become addicted to)

When I say you become addicted to this altered state of consciousness,
I mean that when you are not "buzzed" you will feel irritable and out of
sorts and you will crave the drug and not feel normal until
you get buzzed again.

So why do you want to alter you reality to the point you need
to self medicate yourself just to feel "normal"

Pot is a gateway drug because once it loses its appeal,
you will seek something stronger with a better "high".

If you are a Christian and feel a need for a "high",
I would recommend getting high on God.

Of all the drugs I have sampled, nothing comes close to the
highs I have experianced while in the presence of God's Holy Spirit
in my life.

If you have never felt God's power and presence come upon you,
I would begin to pray and ask God to give you more of His Holy Spirit.

Why do you think that the New testament writers compared
intoxication with wine and the Holy Spirit?

Wine was the only real drug of their day and so they compared
the joy, love, peace and power of the presence of the Holy
Spirit in their lives as superior to intoxication with wine.

Ephesians 5:18
And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation;

Like I said, out of all the drugs I have tried, Jesus is the best..:thumbsup:

And do not be intoxicated with weed, in which is dissipation;

Ask God for more of His Holy spirit...

how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

I agree with you. People also use food and drink coffee to feel good and it really upsets me when I see it being served in church.

More than 300,000 people died last year from obesity, over 15,000 from caffeine, I should look up how many people died last year from marijuana use alone, I bet it is over a million deaths easy.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you. People also use food and drink coffee to feel good and it really upsets me when I see it being served in church.

More than 300,000 people died last year from obesity, over 15,000 from caffeine, I should look up how many people died last year from marijuana use alone, I bet it is over a million deaths easy.
The death that pot brings is to living a life without self medication.

So what do you say to the Holy Spirit?
Anything to add?

I hope he tries the Holy Spirit...I can guarantee he will not be disappointed

Upvote 0
The death that pot brings is to living a life without self medication.

So what do you say to the Holy Spirit?
Anything to add?

I hope he tries the Holy Spirit...I can guarantee he will not be disappointed

I am a little lost by your post, "try the holy spirit"? I dont get it, the HS is something you try?

For me the Holy Spirit is God's spirit that has been inside me since I accepted Jesus into my heart. He guides me and is with me each day, but I don't try him.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a little lost by your post, "try the holy spirit"? I dont get it, the HS is something you try?

For me the Holy Spirit is God's spirit that has been inside me since I accepted Jesus into my heart. He guides me and is with me each day, but I don't try him.
Some don't live that way.
Some quench the Holy Spirit in their lives.
Some don't realize there is more of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus had the Spirit without measure, how much do you have?

John 3:34
For He whom God has sent (Jesus) speaks the words of God,
for God does not give the Spirit by measure.

If we have it all on belief in Christ why are we instructed to ask for more?

how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!&#8221;

If you think you have it all then good for you...

I know there is more because I don't have the Spirit without measure
as Christ did because if I did, I would see the same miracles and
power in my life as Christ walked in.

All the disciples were "believers" in Christ and yet Jesus instructed them to
wait for the promise of the power from on high, the Holy Spirit, to
empower them to be His witnesses.

After the day of pentecost, the power kept coming to all who
would receive more. Paul experiance more...

1 Corinthians 2:4 Paul speaking
And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom,
but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

Many Christians did miracle because of the power from God.
Stephen wasn't an Apostle and yet he did many signs and wonders
because of more of God's Holy Spirit in his life.
Acts 6:5
And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose
Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and
Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch,
Acts 6:8
And Stephen, full of faith and power,
did great wonders and signs among the people.

If you think you have it all then be blessed but I know I am nowhere
near the level of being called a man who did great wonders and signs among the people.

Those that say this power faded away with the Apostles are wrong as
Stephen wasn't an Apostle and yet he did great wonders and signs among the people.

Like I said, if you have all of the Spirit and are in need of no more
and do not desire to be FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT,
then be blessed and move along and allow me to tell others
that there is more.

Allow me to tell others that God is able to satisfy them beyond any drug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0