Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Id like to see proof of that...Translations that are true, literal of the origional collection of texts?Remember, for every translation, there have been additions and subtractions?

For every translation, the wording of Scripture was changed...It is not in it's true form.

Read the book "Evidence That Demands a Verdict" by Josh Mcdowell

I will agree with you that their have been false translations of the word of God but there have also been some fairly accurate ones as well like the KJ version. The thing is that Christians who hold to inerrancy of scripture do so from the stand point of the original manuscripts, the bible is inerrant in it's original form and original language but I argue that we also have very good translations of the original intent and wording of the said ancient documents. Don't take my word for it, you need to study these things for yourself. Get Josh Mcdowell's book.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
< staff edit > < staff edit >

< staff edit > . I will be judged by the same God as you, we will be judged for what we have done in the body, and I am telling you that the Lord delivered me from marijuana, I do not desire it, actually I hate it now! (the Lord in me does and He has conformed my will to His)

I am telling you that the Lord showed me that this was sin and not only that but the evil realm that I encountered when I smoked the stuff also goes further to prove the point that it is sin and is evil.

All I am saying is that you do not need this drug, it is evil, all you need is Jesus Christ and His love in the Holy Spirit. The one who died for our sin is the One who we can depend on to fulfill every need and the peace that He offers us is not the peace that the world offers.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

This is some harsh criticism of you but you need to hear it: Maybe you should spend more time taking up for the inerrant Word of the Living God then for marijuana use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
< staff edit > . I will be judged by the same God as you, we will be judged for what we have done in the body, and I am telling you that the Lord delivered me from marijuana, I do not desire it, actually I hate it now! (the Lord in me does and He has conformed my will to His)

I am telling you that the Lord showed me that this was sin and not only that but the evil realm that I encountered when I smoked the stuff also goes further to prove the point that it is sin and is evil.

All I am saying is that you do not need this drug, it is evil, all you need is Jesus Christ and His love in the Holy Spirit. The one who died for our sin is the One who we can depend on to fulfill every need and the peace that He offers us is not the peace that the world offers.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

This is some harsh criticism of you but you need to hear it: Maybe you should spend more time taking up for the inerrant Word of the Living God then for marijuana use.

No, the Lord did not tell you that smoking weed is a sin, a PREACHER told you it is a sin....a MAN did...The Bible told ME that ALL animals AND PLANTS are under our domain...Remember Genesis?..Why would God change the rules in mid channel? The prohibition against weed is man made. There was no laws against weed until the early 20th century...Those were man made, not God's

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Soldier, as a Christian, I still love ya...Isn't what Christ's ministry was and still was and is about? The ULTIMATE mission?...John 3:16 trumps all...
Next time you talk to him ask him if being a judge about his will is what he wanted for you...my bet is, he will will tell you, NO...I have not been told by him not to quit using weed altogether, but, I was nudged to cut back on my heavy usage...and it payed off....my relationship with GOD has increased.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the Lord did not tell you that smoking weed is a sin, a PREACHER told you it is a sin....a MAN did...The Bible told ME that ALL animals AND PLANTS are under our domain...Remember Genesis?..Why would God change the rules in mid channel? The prohibition against weed is man made. There was no laws against weed until the early 20th century...Those were man made, not God's

I told you about my experience...the evil realm I entered, marijuana is demonic, it is of the world and yes you are correct that all plants are under our dominion but that does not mean we are to roll them up and smoke them, that is a perversion of the intent of the passage. Do you also think we should snort cocaine or shoot heroin because they also come from plants? Man has told me nothing, (actually man tells me its ok to smoke dope) but God has delivered me from my drug abuse. Again I will say you do not need marijuana if you are a Christian. Jesus is enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrew Ryan

I like any king that can reign with his fist
Dec 18, 2010
Rapture
✟17,136.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I think the point is, how come weed is selected as been the only bad thing that affects one's state of mind? Too many people are addicted to caffeine and other prescription drugs, yet that is ok?

Caffiene and tobacco are different in terms of their level of psychoactivity. It would be silly to compare caffiene or tobacco to heroin, methamphetamine, LSD, or any other kind of drug with a vastly higher level of psychoactivity.

Upvote 0
F

fuji

Caffiene and tobacco are different in terms of their level of psychoactivity. It would be silly to compare caffiene or tobacco to heroin, methamphetamine, LSD, or any other kind of drug with a vastly higher level of psychoactivity.

So are you saying that if a substance only makes someone feel a "little" bit high, then it is ok?

Also why did Jesus make the best wine for people that were already drunk? This question always gets brushed off, but the scripture is very clear about it.

What I believe is that everything should be taken in moderation. I dont think those people at the wedding were alcoholics, just celebrating and drinking wine to enhance it.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No it's not ok. You can drink wine and beer and not even feel a little bit drunk or tipsy.

It is not known that the people were drunk (It is also not known the intensity of alcohol in wine back then). The person talking to Jesus was referencing other parties.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you saying that if a substance only makes someone feel a "little" bit high, then it is ok?

Also why did Jesus make the best wine for people that were already drunk? This question always gets brushed off, but the scripture is very clear about it.

What I believe is that everything should be taken in moderation. I dont think those people at the wedding were alcoholics, just celebrating and drinking wine to enhance it.

Why is is so important to you? Why are you trying to tip toe around the issue so that you can feel justified in your inebriation? Some can handle a glass of wine at dinner and a glass of wine can be good for you and it is often used to toast an important event. But to take this one event in the bible and try to justify drunkenness is a horrible perversion of scripture. Let me show you what the bible says about drunkenness:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

If being a drunkard means not inheriting the kingdom of God (that means in plain terms that the drunkard will go to hell) that is a slope I do not want to tread. Why do you as a professing Christian try and find ways around verses like this to justify your actions? (1 Cor. 6:9,10)

Paul goes on to say in the passage:

"And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor. 6:11)

Notice Paul says some were like this, after we are saved these things are not to be mentioned of us again. We are to leave the lifestyle of sin and the bondage of this world and that is what drunkenness and marijuana is: BONDAGE.

"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;" (Ephesians 5:18)

This verse makes clear that we are not to get drunk, but we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God, He is all we need now that we are saved, we do not need nor should we desire the (false) peace the world offers.

PRO 20:1 Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by
them is not wise.

PROV 20:29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who
has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
30 Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when
it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.
33 Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing
things.
34 You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the
rigging.
35 "They hit me," you will say, "but I'm not hurt! They beat me, but I
don't feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?"

DEU 21:20. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and
rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard."
21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge
the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Luke 21:34 "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation,
drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you
unexpectedly like a trap.

ROM 13:13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and
drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and
jealousy.

1COR 5:11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone
who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater
or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

GAL 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality,
impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage,
selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did
before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

fuji

Thank for looking all of those scriptures up, and I do agree that one shouldnt be a "drunkard". I have seen alcoholics ruin families that are still in that state today.

I am not tip toeing around the subject here, Jesus made wine for people that already had "too much to drink".

Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.

7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

20-30 gallons of wine! And who knows how much more there was before that.

Anyways this is my point and what I truly believe. Yes alcohol can ruin lives, but it depends on the "person" using it. I think it is perfectly ok based on what I read in this scripture that during "special" events it is ok to have a couple more drinks then usual.

I also know of a lot of other things that ruin lives, but it is how the person uses them.

On the note that weed can damage your mind, sure it can if it is abused, but so can a lot of other things like caffeine. Have you ever read the long term effects on people that drink caffeine everyday?

Anyways, I am not going to argue this anymore because I think both are points are valid. We all read scripture differently, probably why there are so many demoninations lol.

Why is is so important to you? Why are you trying to tip toe around the issue so that you can feel justified in your inebriation? Some can handle a glass of wine at dinner and a glass of wine can be good for you and it is often used to toast an important event. But to take this one event in the bible and try to justify drunkenness is a horrible perversion of scripture. Let me show you what the bible says about drunkenness:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

If being a drunkard means not inheriting the kingdom of God (that means in plain terms that the drunkard will go to hell) that is a slope I do not want to tread. Why do you as a professing Christian try and find ways around verses like this to justify your actions? (1 Cor. 6:9,10)

Paul goes on to say in the passage:

"And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor. 6:11)

Notice Paul says some were like this, after we are saved these things are not to be mentioned of us again. We are to leave the lifestyle of sin and the bondage of this world and that is what drunkenness and marijuana is: BONDAGE.

"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;" (Ephesians 5:18)

This verse makes clear that we are not to get drunk, but we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God, He is all we need now that we are saved, we do not need nor should we desire the (false) peace the world offers.

PRO 20:1 Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by
them is not wise.

PROV 20:29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who
has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
30 Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when
it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.
33 Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing
things.
34 You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the
rigging.
35 "They hit me," you will say, "but I'm not hurt! They beat me, but I
don't feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?"

DEU 21:20. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and
rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard."
21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge
the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Luke 21:34 "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation,
drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you
unexpectedly like a trap.

ROM 13:13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and
drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and
jealousy.

1COR 5:11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone
who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater
or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

GAL 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality,
impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage,
selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did
before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You cannot base your relationship with Christ on what drugs you are allowed to use, the answer should be none.

Jesus did not perform this miracle to give us a license to indulge, He did it as a proof that He was the Messiah, it may be true that the wine had some alcohol in it and that it was a large amount of wine, but you also must understand that wedding feasts at this time would go on for over a week and the whole town was invited. And you must also remember that even if some did get drunk at the party the bible still condemns drunkenness. So the point is, there was some drinking involved for the many guests of the party but before you can truly understand the implications of this passage you need to look at the bible as a whole which I as I have said condemns getting drunk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ffreds

Feb 26, 2009
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are several factors that come into play and certain Biblical references that I think show us Christians how to interact with this issue. First off, if it doesn’t cause you to lose sight of the main goal in life and is used responsibly its fine, God gave us things on earth for just this reason. A glass or two of wine during celebrations (Jesus making wine at the wedding-why would he support the behavior if it was wrong) or health reasons is perfectly ok. The Bible even mentions in Proverbs (31:6) that wine is for the dying or depressed.
Second, don’t do something to cause your brother or sister in Christ to stumble. The food example that Paul gave about not eating meat in front of the vegetarian is a Biblical example of this in practice. If you damage or hurt someone else’s faith by doing something then you shouldn’t do it.
Third, "obey the laws of the land" statement. We Christians are here to represent Christ! If weed is illegal and we use it, we aren’t representing Christ in a good way even if we think/know it is morally ok. (The time Jesus told a disciple to get a coin from a fish in order to pay some tax comes to mind).
Conclusion, these rules apply to every single thing for Christians, not just marijuana or wine.
Every time wine is mentioned in the Bible in a negative connotation, it is being used in excess and in a abusive manner.

Upvote 0