Can 'Christians' be members of SECRET societies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I would think the real secret societies will be hard to find and members few.

That is probably right to say, but there are a few candidates--Opus Dei, Skull and Bones, Bohemian Grove, etc.-- that people hear about occasionally. I was just commenting on the fact that we're so far from the stated topic here that we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of that which we're supposed to be discussing.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Bohemian Grove have symbolisms referencing the chief goddesses of Ancient Egypt.

But their activities seem to represent the opposing qualities of these goddesses which often represented wisdom, law and order and justice.

The festivities of the grove seemed to symbolize lawlessness and folly.

I'm not just singling out the Bohemian grove....

The entertainment industry today also extensively uses Ancient Egyptian Goddess symbolism in their art. But again, displaying lawlessness and folly in their art.

There seems to be an ongoing plot in our world to demonize Ancient Egyptian Goddesses. Associating them with the Illuminati for example, but again, these Goddesses have nothing in common with them.

Jews also demonized the goddesses in the form of Lilith but this same woman had many things in common with the anointed woman of Revelations.

You may be surprised but these trinity of Goddesses of Egypt have more in common with the qualities of Jesus Christ than anything else - healing the sick, raising the dead, and exceeding the wisdom of anyone in this world (owl symbols stood for wisdom and sometimes women). Horus mirrors the circumstances of the life of Christ. According to the Revelations, the anointed woman and her children will have the same nature.

Yes, it seems a few of these secret societies "associate" themselves with the Ancient symbols, most especially coming from Egypt but grossly misrepresenting them.

Why do our (evil) world HATE this goddess much???

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
The White Couch of Pristinia
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you might be looking for this:

1 Corinthians 9:22 (KJV)
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

I'm not really sure that Paul LITERALLY meant that he could go and rob banks in the hopes that he might convert one of the bank robbers.

But we are also told not to even sit and eat with those LIVING in sin. So I would question whether ANYONE that exists in the world TODAY has the FAITH of Paul which would ALLOW him to say something that may well DESTROY us if we were to attempt the SAME.
I don't know that a Christian could join a 'church of Satan' in order to try and turn IT around. Most likely the 'Christian' would end up getting burned.
You know, like trying to put a GOOD apple into a basket of rotten apples with the belief that the ONE good apple could somehow refresh the rotten ones? Not a likely event.
While with God ANYTHING is possible, there are many things that are highly UNLIKELY or improbable.
Blessings,
MEC

Mark 2: 13-17 (NLT) 13 Then Jesus went out to the lakeshore again and taught the crowds that were coming to him. 14 As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Levi got up and followed him.

15 Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus’ followers.) 16 But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum?”

17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, there are a lot of churches that do not do good works in the community while the freemasons do, so perhaps it's helpful to their walk to be able to participate in things like that.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, there are a lot of churches that do not do good works in the community while the freemasons do, so perhaps it's helpful to their walk to be able to participate in things like that.

I would respond to this with Matthew 7:

Where many will respond to Christ 'in that day', pointing out all the WONDERFUL things they have done in His name. And His response: Go away from me, I don't even KNOW you.

So, can we be assured that the "GOOD" things you refer to the Freemasons as accomplishing are accomplished by offering the GLORY to God? If not, then their 'works' are incapable of being RIGHTEOUS.

Blessings,
MEC

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So, can we be assured that the "GOOD" things you refer to the Freemasons as accomplishing are accomplished by offering the GLORY to God? If not, then their 'works' are incapable of being RIGHTEOUS.

Blessings,
MEC

...which really isn't the point there. Doing what Christ said to do stands on its own as good, even if performed by an Atheist. To look after the poor, bury the dead, hunger and thirst for righteousness, to live meekly, etc. is all good in itself, quite apart from the consideration you were pointing to. That's another matter. It's not an unimportant one, but it's a different one just the same.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I would respond to this with Matthew 7:

Where many will respond to Christ 'in that day', pointing out all the WONDERFUL things they have done in His name. And His response: Go away from me, I don't even KNOW you.

Blessings,
MEC

I refer to the sheep and the goats parable of matthew, good works are important for the life a church and a christian. And since we are ambassadors of heaven, why be against people of the earth doing nice things to one another?

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes that's antinomianism. That is the great deception. It's all grace. Live as you like to live.
Someone said if you would Replace the word christian with disciple it would make no sense.
I'm a disciple of Christ but I just live as I want to and decide for myself.
All those false miracles with gold dust and angel feathers in church, like in that church of Bill Johnson, I read it started when Rick Joyner came there and he was a Knight of Malta. He even says he was one on his website but he believes it's a christian organization.
This post is very confusing .

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Albion, If you cannot openly show that Christ taught or encouraged us to KEEP SECRETS, then it is unwise to offer that which is contrary to the TRUTH.
I also can't "openly show" that he "taught or encouraged us to" listen to St. Louis Cardinals games on the radio. Doing that would be "contrary to the TRUTH" according to what you wrote here. Can you see the shortcoming in your theory now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Albion, let me offer this: I take offense to anyone that would even INDICATE that I follow ANY and EVERY 'kooky website' that exists. To make an outright statement of such accusation is unacceptable. I believe you own me an apology. I go to EXTREMES to weed out the inane and mere speculation that exists in the media today. Especially that which exists on the internet. So for you to attempt to dismiss what I offer in accusation of believing EVERYTHING I read, PREPOSTEROUS and down right defamatory. Certainly not what one should expect from one chosen or voluntarily holds the place of Facilitator. In other words, I am STATING that you have falsely accused me of something that couldn't be FURTHER from the TRUTH.
Blessings,
MEC
I would agree with you entirely on this,and it does make me wonder about this site ..

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
As a member of a fraternity, I will say there is definitely a difference, like I think what Albion said, between fraternal organizations like mine and secret societies like Skull and Bones or the supposed illuminati.

IMO, it's a matter of personal conviction, and I think there's enough evidence in this thread to show that, about whether or not to join more private organizations.

I will also add that unless you are a member of X organization, you really can't know what actually happens in our meetings and such, you could see it or read about it, but it wouldn't understand what happens unless you were a member. If someone who knew nothing about my fraternity observed our initiation, they would get some pretty strange ideas completely off the point of it.

Reactions: americanvet
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am a simple man. What you have offered above has me totally confused. I have no idea what you are talking about. How have I altered anything I offered previously?

I STILL maintain that secrecy REEKS of deception. No need to keep a SECRET unless you are tying to HIDE something. And as the Bible STATES: we DO NOT light a candle and then COVER it to hide it's LIGHT. Yet that is EXACTLY what secrecy REEKS of: Intentionally HIDING something. And the ONLY time that I have ever held SECRETS they were things I would be ASHAMED or EMBARRASSED or SCARED to reveal to others. You know, like if two of us were scamming someone else, we certainly wouldn't want them to KNOW it. So we would keep it a SECRET. If I stole something, lied about something, did something lewd or lascivious, plotted maliciously against another, I would NEED to keep secrets. But if I didn't have anything to HIDE, I would have no reason to KEEP SECRETS.
Free Mason: a mason is a BUILDER. Usually referred to as a BUILDER using STONE.
FREE means UNRESTRICTED.
Christianity is anything BUT permission to FREELY BUILD.
Christ is the FOUNDATION. There is NO OTHER WAY.
Satanist are FREE BUILDERS. They believe that God has RESTRICTED them and that Satan offers FREEDOM. Their foundation is the WISDOM of THIS WORLD as revealed by SATAN. Pleasures that God would deny them. SECRET information reveal by Satan FREELY.
The principles of God and Christ are DEFINED. We are NOT 'free' to worship as we PLEASE and still call ourselves FOLLOWERS in TRUTH. The MEANS of developing a relationship with God through Christ is DEFINED. It is not a matter of FREEDOM. Ultimately NO MAN who serves a KING is FREE to serve HIMSELF. He OWES allegiance to HIS MASTER.
Those that proclaim to be 'followers', IN TRUTH, are ONLY FREE when it comes to LOVE. Instead of being bound by chains of DARKNESS, (an inability to RECOGNIZE or PRACTICE love), those that are followers are FREE to understand love and share it with God, His Son and each other. That IS the ONENESS offered in the Bible. Christ's GREATEST desire is that WE can be ONE as He and His Father are ONE: IN LOVE.
So the concept of men being FREE to build what THEY desire is contrary to what has ALREADY been BUILT by God and His Son. We are NOT to strive for our OWN sake but for the sake of OTHERS. Christ offered the example. He did NOTHING for His OWN sake. ALL that He did He did for the sake of God and US. Now, how are you going to profess to follow if you don't even understand the EXAMPLE?
It would often seem, here on the forums, that the Bible is basically FOOLISHNESS to many that say they have read it. For it would seem that the basic principles are completely LOST to most.
We are NOT here to PLAY GAMES. We are NOT here to GET RICH. We are NOT here to seek how much PLEASURE we can experience. We are HERE to be SERVANTS. He who serves the MOST is he who will be granted the greatest place in the HEART of God. And isn't that what we are REALLY suppose to strive to obtain? Isn't that REALLY the RACE that we are to run as if we mean to WIN IT?
Yet it would seem, even here on a 'Christian' forum, that many have MISSED the message and therefore MISS the mark completely. Many seem to believe that God placed us here to obtain the MOST that we can FROM this world and EACH other. When the TRUTH is: those that come to recognition of TRUE LOVE, recognize that the LAST thing that matters is our PERSONAL pleasure: that which is SENSUAL or pertaining to the FLESH. We are here to fulfill that which is SPIRITUAL, not CARNAL. Yet so many seem to think they can serve TWO masters. Think they can FOLLOW the flesh and still claim to be FOLLOWERS of God through Christ.
God keeps NO secrets. Not that we KNOW of. For if He does, we certainly don't KNOW it. And as a FATHER, I know this: I have NO REASON to keep secrets from my CHILDREN. Not unless I have DONE things that I would be ASHAMED of.
My sexual relationship with my wife is NO ONE'S BUSINESS but OURS. It's not a secret, it's simply NONE of anyone else's BUSINESS. But other than such details, I can think of NO REASON for 'Christians' to KEEP SECRETS. Keeping secrets, as far as MY understanding is concerned, is CONTRARY to LOVE which is SHARING, not HIDING.
Blessings,
MEC
Most of the Upper classes ,especially in England were masons of course, to hide the truth of their dirty works fom the masses . It would not have done for the ordinary working person or christian to know what they did to maintain power .The Anglican Church was at the centre of colonialist exploitation and took property from those they colonised and still have this property to this day .

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dis-Order!! XXX

Far be it from the redeemed to seek Satan!!

"I AM A JEALOUS GOD!!"

The Secrets that these Devils Hide are NOT Secrets at ALL!!

"Seek FIRST, THE CREATOR and ALL these things WILL be added unto you."

"I Give Freely To All Those Who Ask IN ME."

Do not be deceived for Secrets are from and of Lucifer.

Proverbs 11:13 (NLT)

A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence.

Proverbs 25:9 (NLT)

When arguing with your neighbor, don’t betray another person’s secret.

1 Sam 16:7 (NLT)

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Matt 6:6 (NLT)

But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

Matt 6:4 (NLT)

Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 (NLT) God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.

The Bible seems to disagree with you.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If we try to stay on topic with this, isn't the answer to the question, "Christians can be members of Secret Societies (which of them doesn't matter in principle) -- or not -- depending upon which Christian church one belongs to?" It's as simple as that; there is a division of opinion among the churches about this.

Reactions: americanvet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Get Behind Me Satan!!"

You Devil, You are deceive my Children!!

"Woe unto those who call Good, evil and evil, Good!!"

ISEEYOU.

You cannot Hide from THESPIRIT.

THEFATHERSEESAMANSHEART.

A wolf in sheeps clothing is revealed at the shear!!

REPENTOFYOURDIS-ORDER.

HUMBLEYOURSELF.

"Dis-order lies at the door of your temple, waiting to distract you from the path."

In sackcloth and ashes fall down and tear your clothes!

Dis-Order Brings Death.
Separation brings DEATH.

IAM

I don't think I ever implied things can be hidden from God. What I posted were Bible verses saying the exact opposite of that. Like all sinners I do have plenty of things I repent of. However, being a Freemason in not one of them. If we disagree on this point that is fine.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Subject?

Very Well.

I will speak plainly for your ears.

Masons, Jesuits, Rosicrucians.

There are your secret societies, oh, your societies with secrets.

Do I dare reveal the secrets?

Please do.

P.S. It makes a big difference which of these we're speaking of. The topic of this thread is solely about the first of the two.
There are your secret societies, oh, your societies with secrets.

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please do.

P.S. It makes a big difference which of these we're speaking of. The topic of this thread is solely about the first of the two.

I think at time people forget you can purchase Duncan's Monitor at Barnes and Nobles or view it online for free. If we are a secret society we have to be the worst one to have ever existed. And on top of that we have websites and signage telling the world of our existence.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I refer to the sheep and the goats parable of matthew, good works are important for the life a church and a christian. And since we are ambassadors of heaven, why be against people of the earth doing nice things to one another?

Good works are good by themselves. What about the symbols used by Freemasons? In my independent analysis you won't find anywhere in the internet, they represent forms of the fall of creation, they are very ancient. They are symbols of the fallen watchers and were first found in Babylon and the more ancient Sumerians and it is possibly way way older. It couldn't just be ignored even if the resemblance is not 100% but a close 90% and quite endemic (a "wolf in sheep's clothing"?), it's sending a clear message

The "all-seeing-eye" or the circle/sphere represents Christ or ideals of Christ. The same eye bound within a pyramid or a hexagram (or a square and compass) represents the ideals of Christ bound by the ideals of the fallen watchers.

The symbol symbolizes the mockery of Christ or His Word.

There is another symbol that is rather quite popular in Christianity and I won't mention it.

My point is, why would you do good works and mock Christ at the same time?? Does that sound right? It seems like the most convoluted thing imaginable.

Can the Freemasons be excused in their ignorance of the symbols they use??

Perhaps the symbol has by legend used by King Solomon to control demons because of what it represents if used in the guise of good works. It just fails to make sense and confuses even the demons - by doing good works and mocking Christ at the same time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.