Can 'Christians' be members of SECRET societies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Having studied 'secret societies' for many years, often I stumble upon individuals who indicate that they believe that one can be a FOLLOWER of Christ and a member of a SECRET SOCIETY at the same time.
The Bible tells us that we cannot serve TWO masters at the same time.
So should we trust in the BIBLE or what MEN SAY?
The Freemasons, like AA or NA insist that one seek to place their faith in a HIGHER power. But that doesn't mean God, the Father of Christ. The Freemasons openly admit that they DO NOT conform to beliefs in Jesus Christ as our Savior.
All indications are that the Masons, in general, believe in the BRINGER of ENLIGHTENMENT. And that set of beliefs is much more closely in tune with Satanists than the common understanding of 'Christian'.
And then there is this: Isn't being SECRETIVE a form of DECEPTION?
Isn't Christianity about following the TRUTH? And if so, how does one suppose that they can be followers of the TRUTH while at the same time being SECRETIVE?
And why keep SECRETS unless those secrets are somehow detrimental to YOUR CAUSE? In other words, wouldn't it be totally in opposition to the TRUTH in Christ to HOLD SECRETS about one's agenda or behavior?
You know, the Mafia, for many years, has had an affiliation with the RCC. Murderers, extortioners, SECRET organization. Yet claim to be Catholics. Is that REALLY possible. You plan to kill someone and execute your plan during the week, then go to 'church' on Sunday and receive forgiveness and then go out the next week and DO IT AGAIN? Is that REALLY possible? ?Does TRUE 'Christianity' work in such a manner? Lie, cheat, steal and murder as a JOB and then simply show up in 'church' once a week, toss a few bucks in the plate and receive forgiveness, then go out and do it all again the next week?
Blessings,
MEC

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And that's what I meant by 'serving two gods'.
I'm curious, it would seem that many today have taken on the assumption or outright TEACHING that one can CALL themselves 'Christian' and live JUST LIKE the rest of this world.
Blessings,
MEC

Reactions: JaapAap
Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that's what I meant by 'serving two gods'.
I'm curious, it would seem that many today have taken on the assumption or outright TEACHING that one can CALL themselves 'Christian' and live JUST LIKE the rest of this world.
Blessings,
MEC
Yes that's antinomianism. That is the great deception. It's all grace. Live as you like to live.
Someone said if you would Replace the word christian with disciple it would make no sense.
I'm a disciple of Christ but I just live as I want to and decide for myself.
All those false miracles with gold dust and angel feathers in church, like in that church of Bill Johnson, I read it started when Rick Joyner came there and he was a Knight of Malta. He even says he was one on his website but he believes it's a christian organization.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
My answer would be yes, provided these secret societies arent mystical-religious systems in their own eight, like Fremasonry, and provided the Christan does not take a vow that would come between him and his priest in the sacrament of confession.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Why would a christian desire to be in a secret society? Is Christ not sufficient?

Secret societies cover a lot of territory. Consider the secret Christians of Japan who keot the faith alive for centuries, the catacomb church of Soviet Russia, and also various secret societies dedicated to peacefully ending abortion, euthanasia, and other evils.

What the OP should have asked is whether or not it is acceptable for a Christian to join an esoteric initiatory order of sequential mysteries, based on Esoteric doctrines, which the Freemasons are the premiere example of. However, there are many others, and many life insurance companies actually started out as fraternities with Masonic style ritual, like the Woodsmen.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, interesting. Life INSURANCE. Don't know if there is anything in this world MORE 'worldly'. Attempting to store up treasures here on this earth. Certainly doesn't seem to be putting a whole lot of faith in God when one pays MONEY to insure that someone else gets PAID when they die. Seems to point more towards MAMMON than God.
And a 'secret Christian' community? That seems contrary to the TRUTH as well. We are told over and over that no PRACTICAL person lights a lamp and then places it underneath something to HIDE it's LIGHT.
And we are told not to fear those that may take our physical LIVES, but fear those that are capable of destroying one's SPIRIT or SOUL instead.
So I don't think I missed the mark in my opening statement. I don't think that there is any such thing as a TRUE 'Christian' society that is SECRET. If they are TRULY Christians and have placed their faith in GOD, there is NO REASON to be 'secret'. Unless, of course, they have learned to love this LIFE more than God or His Son.
Blessings,
MEC

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
Having studied 'secret societies' for many years, often I stumble upon individuals who indicate that they believe that one can be a FOLLOWER of Christ and a member of a SECRET SOCIETY at the same time.
The Bible tells us that we cannot serve TWO masters at the same time.
So should we trust in the BIBLE or what MEN SAY?
The Freemasons, like AA or NA insist that one seek to place their faith in a HIGHER power. But that doesn't mean God, the Father of Christ. The Freemasons openly admit that they DO NOT conform to beliefs in Jesus Christ as our Savior.
All indications are that the Masons, in general, believe in the BRINGER of ENLIGHTENMENT. And that set of beliefs is much more closely in tune with Satanists than the common understanding of 'Christian'.
Isn't Christianity about following the TRUTH? And if so, how does one suppose that they can be followers of the TRUTH while at the same time being SECRETIVE?
And why keep SECRETS unless those secrets are somehow detrimental to YOUR CAUSE? In other words, wouldn't it be totally in opposition to the TRUTH in Christ to HOLD SECRETS about one's agenda or behavior?
You know, the Mafia, for many years, has had an affiliation with the RCC. Murderers, extortioners, SECRET organization. Yet claim to be Catholics. Is that REALLY possible. You plan to kill someone and execute your plan during the week, then go to 'church' on Sunday and receive forgiveness and then go out the next week and DO IT AGAIN? Is that REALLY possible? ?Does TRUE 'Christianity' work in such a manner? Lie, cheat, steal and murder as a JOB and then simply show up in 'church' once a week, toss a few bucks in the plate and receive forgiveness, then go out and do it all again the next week?
Blessings,
MEC

I am with you here. The only secret thing we are to do is in prayer to our Father who is in secret. These other things like those you mentioned, are not of God. Satan, when one thinks of it deeply, is in fact a higher power, for he is spirit, while we are flesh, but he is not our Father, yet people will succumb to Satan's nonsense time and time again all in the name of brotherhood and unity of man. This has been Satan's modus operandi from the beginning, to make everyone the same and through his children, the Kenites , he succeeds here in the present. Through secret societies or governments, there are enough of Satan's own to carry this ideal through, to set up the one worldism in order to make everyone the same, by reducing ones' standard of living to lift up another's to the point of sameness and will usher in his reign as anti-Christ
By simple reading of scripture, we see that not all can achieve the same goals. Not all are as equal in heaven, nor are they on earth. I am not rich, nor am I poor, but I thank God almighty for what I do have......so should we all.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
The life insurance provided by these fraternities, most of whom evolved into normal life insurance companies and dropped the lodge meetings, ritual et cetera by the 1950s, was very important for men in order to ensure that if they died in an industrial accident in the 19th or early 20th century, their wife and children would not wind up on the streets but would be looked after.

The Freemasons on the other hand tended ro be from shall we say higher social strata who would usually not need it. but to this day Freemasons are required to provide thr same mutual assistance to each other that the more low end fraternities provided before formally becoming life insurance providers per se. And your average freemason these days is not as wealthy as in the past.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
does one suppose that they can be followers of the TRUTH while at the same time being SECRETIVE?
And why keep SECRETS unless those secrets are somehow detrimental to YOUR CAUSE?

Actually there are good secrets that is detrimental to anyone.

There are many of these in Christianity, in fact, you can read it from the Bible.

The fact these secrets are so easily accessible via the Bible is the reason why Christianity turned into a religion, which is bad.

Secret societies are no different from religion either. There are secrets of the Universe that are not meant to be said, unless I want this information to corrupt your mind as a psychological and spiritual attack.

If needed to be said, it must done through parables. So why did Christ explained their meaning to some of the disciples if the children of God are supposed to get it without explanation? Hmmmm....

Also "brotherhood" membership promotes a system of dependency just like our modern system, depending on money like it's air, on the welfare system, having mundane jobs, etc, etc.

This is not God's Will. One of the reasons why God confused people's language on the Tower of Babel is for us to get away from each other - to learn how to be self-sufficient. To learn how to survive the land with just small family units.

Because settling on one location, banding together, and growing in numbers and ultimately cities was historically the cause of warfare, poverty, disease, general misery, crimes, and now the cause of our runaway ballooning population.

Before people did such things, nobody died of violence, of being attacked by another person and surprisingly, even animal attacks were rare. There's archeological evidence for this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason that Christ had to explain many of His parables was that the Holy Spirit had YET to be delivered. Now we HAVE the Holy Spirit and anyone that HAS the Holy Spirit has It to guide them in TRUTH.
Once again, we are offered over and over again that one doesn't light a candle and then cover it to hide it's LIGHT.
In this respect, we do not HIDE the gospel for fear of what may happen to us if we SPEAK it. We are not to worry about those that have the ability to take our physical lives, but fear those that have the ability to destroy our very souls.
Blessings,
MEC

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The reason that Christ had to explain many of His parables was that the Holy Spirit had YET to be delivered. Now we HAVE the Holy Spirit and anyone that HAS the Holy Spirit has It to guide them in TRUTH.
Once again, we are offered over and over again that one doesn't light a candle and then cover it to hide it's LIGHT.
In this respect, we do not HIDE the gospel for fear of what may happen to us if we SPEAK it. We are not to worry about those that have the ability to take our physical lives, but fear those that have the ability to destroy our very souls.
Blessings,
MEC

It's not what will happen to me that I worry about but what will happen to anyone who will listen if I told everything.

For example, if I told exactly how to behave in order to be saved, then it's no longer passion and the Holy Spirit which leads people to do but the drive to save their skins. This is how religion came to be.

Upvote 0

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
Actually there are good secrets that is detrimental to anyone.

There are many of these in Christianity, in fact, you can read it from the Bible.

The fact these secrets are so easily accessible via the Bible is the reason why Christianity turned into a religion, which is bad.

Secret societies are no different from religion either. There are secrets of the Universe that are not meant to be said, unless I want this information to corrupt your mind as a psychological and spiritual attack.

If needed to be said, it must done through parables. So why did Christ explained their meaning to some of the disciples if the children of God are supposed to get it without explanation? Hmmmm....

Also "brotherhood" membership promotes a system of dependency just like our modern system, depending on money like it's air, on the welfare system, having mundane jobs, etc, etc.

This is not God's Will. One of the reasons why God confused people's language on the Tower of Babel is for us to get away from each other - to learn how to be self-sufficient. To learn how to survive the land with just small family units.

Because settling on one location, banding together, and growing in numbers and ultimately cities was historically the cause of warfare, poverty, disease, general misery, crimes, and now the cause of our runaway ballooning population.

Before people did such things, nobody died of violence, of being attacked by another person and surprisingly, even animal attacks were rare. There's archeological evidence for this.

Many things that are stated in the Bible was a matter of getting it in the record. Christ often said "He who hath ears, let him hear" This signaled the kingdom parables which only those of the kingdom were given to understand, any others would simply think it was a nice story. The one parable that Christ did explain was the parable of the tares and only to the disciples and asked them after the explanation if they fully understood. This was the most important parable Christ spoke, which is why He insisted that it was fully understood. Though it is spelled out so that a child could understand it, there are those today who have no idea of its consequence, none. Those who do not understand still do not have ears to hear. You also state no one died of violence......no one? Abel was the first to die of violence. Cities and towns are not subject to a violation of God's laws, but living house atop house, is. That is cramming people together in high rises where no one has room and hears every spat their neighbors' spout. Everyone must have some breathing room. They need space, and we are not running out of it, though city planners wish to cram everyone together into the core of a given city.
Cities are not the cause of "ballooning" population, people are , mostly ignorant and poor who have children they cannot possibly support, but with the aid of government, they can and so they continue the spiral downward into poverty while the rest of us have to support their bad decisions. The language confusion only dealt with the tribes of Israel, not anyone else that was long since established in their own lands and boundaries, for Israel moved northward and settled into Europe and Scandinavia, Esau, brother to the tribes, went into Russia. It is interesting to note here that all the tribes used the exact same alphabet, but the letters and pronunciations are different, thus creating different languages.
Blacks had no written language, neither did various Indians, (American, Central American, South American, Inuit, etc.). Asiatic peoples did , but used their own specific characters, differing from Chinese to Japanese and so on. The Assyrians and Egyptians had a written history but through hieroglyphs and the Assyrians go back farther into history than anyone else. Their written history bears this out. Nuff fer now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But Masonry does not in any way oppose any of that. As an organization, it simply does not require it of members who are theists but not Christians. And those members who are not Christians are virtually immersed in Christian and Biblical readings and terminology and values every day that they are Freemasons. That would seem a strange way of trying to induce anyone to believe in another God, wouldn't you agree?

and THAT is nonsense. Totally false. It's not wise to read and uncritically believe every kooky website and tract that is out there or to listen to men who make a living off of conspiracy theories.

No. Christ himself taught his followers that there was much that couldn't or wouldn't be revealed to them in the here and now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is cramming people together in high rises where no one has room and hears every spat their neighbors' spout. Everyone must have some breathing room. They need space, and we are not running out of it, though city planners wish to cram everyone together into the core of a given city.

It's all because of money.

Cities are not the cause of "ballooning" population

Yes it is.

Higher population density = greater chances to procreate, more number of people to choose from at more convenient distances. And when adultery is common, this further increases that %.

It isn't a mystery why many decades ago, people out in the country probably married their cousins or not at all. It's that hard to find mates when a place is sparsely populated.

And population densities in cities are the highest. Cities are all about people, it's full of it. Otherwise, it won't be a city. Slums are worse even, you reach 12, you get raped by a neighbor and have a kid at that age and many more will follow.

The one parable that MM did explain was the parable of the tares and only to the disciples and asked them after the explanation if they fully understood.

Christ can discern when someone is ready to receive. The Holy Spirit took over that role.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But Masonry does not in any way oppose any of that. As an organization, it simply does not require it of members who are theists but not Christians. And those members who are not Christians are virtually immersed in Christian and Biblical readings and terminology and values every day that they are Freemasons. That would seem a strange way of trying to induce anyone to believe in another God, wouldn't you agree?

I would offer that this organization, who does NOT believe in Christ, encourages it's members to follow a DIFFERENT God. NOT the Father of Christ since they don't even acknowledge CHRIST. Maybe you should do a bit of homework first. And if you ARE a Mason, then due to the secretive nature of the organization, I couldn't trust anything you have to say in the first place.

Nonsense? Hmmmm.............According to almost EVERY bit of information that IS known of the Masons, I have offered EXACTLY what can be KNOWN of them. I have even witnessed members stating that Jesus is LUCIFER. Lucifer is considered by those that worship him AS the 'bringer of Light' or 'One who ENLIGHTENS'. Not from KOOKY websites, this is information that I read about YEARS before websites even existed.
How about this: We are told to make NO graven images nor to worship them. How does one justify the graven images that the Masons and other SECRETIVE groups have chosen to use to represent themselves? That in and of itself ought to raise a RED FLAG to anyone who has any questions about what they SERVE. They DO NOT 'serve God' as instructed through the Bible. The use of graven images and secretiveness ALONE clearly PROVE that.
Masons are believers in THEMSELVES first and then some sort of 'higher power'. But since they DO NOT acknowledge CHRIST as the Son of God, they are OBVIOUSLY not worshiping HIS Father. Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out.

And timing of revelation has nothing to do with KEEPING SECRETS. In other words, if God recognizes that we are not ready for certain information or revelation, that's NOT 'keeping a SECRET', it's merely withholding information until we CAN understand or the time IS right. BIG difference.
All that we are offered in the Bible STATES that a RIGHTEOUS man doesn't LIGHT a candle and then HIDE it under a cup. The entire PURPOSE of lighting the candle is for the LIGHT it produces.

God does NOT have SECRETS. Not the God that I KNOW. Maybe some VOODOO gods worshiped in the form of IDOLS. But not the God that I KNOW. He is an open and HONEST Father of Christ and mankind.
If you have to keep what you do secret from others, then you are obviously DOING something that they would DISAPPROVE of. Something SUBVERSIVE. Especially as it concerns a RELIGION. Like L. Ron and his HIGHER ranking congregants. TOP SECRET for if the public had a CLUE, no one would even SPEAK of his blasphemy and Satanic ritual and teachings.
The ONLY people that keep SECRETS are those with SOMETHING TO HIDE. And that is utterly CONTRARY to any and EVERYTHING offered in the Bible.
Blessings,
MEC

and THAT is nonsense. Totally false. It's not wise to read and uncritically believe every kooky website and tract that is out there or to listen to men who make a living off of conspiracy theories.

No. Christ himself taught his followers that there was much that couldn't or wouldn't be revealed to them in the here and now.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Your post was messed up by the quote function, but most what I took from a quick reading of it seems to be speculation and imagination run too wildly.

A person could probably also imagine the Optimists or AmVets engaged in dark and clandestine meetings by using the same loose reasoning and, of course, a lack of personal knowledge.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Albion,
Can't help but ask: What do you KNOW about Freemasons? Are you ONE? And if not, where does YOUR information come from? These questions are not meant to be confrontational. I'm just curious as to what you base your words upon?
Blessings,
MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Freemasons are REQUIRED to believe in 'a' god. But that can be ANY god. They do NOT adhere to a belief in Jesus Christ.
2. Satan IS the 'god of this world'. Referred to in the Bible as the 'Prince' of this world. Until Christ defeats him, he IS 'the god of this world'. Any god that one worships that is NOT 'The God and Father of Jesus Christ IS 'Satan or one of his demons'. There is ONLY ONE 'true' God. ALL others are gods of DARKNESS, hence, Satanic in one form or another. MAMMON is ONE form of Satan. There are MANY. So many that they most likely could never be NUMBERED. For every day people are renaming him and what he represents.
So, herein we find the basic religious tenure of the Freemasons: they encourage the INTRUSION into ALL religions. A form of INFLUENCE into every major religion on the planet. Which in MY opinion, are MOSTLY Satanic in nature. Often USING the term God or Jesus or 'whatever' to signify their 'Higher Being'. Which it is MY belief, there is ONLY ONE true God. All else that is worshiped AS God is in reality a worship of SATAN. So we have the Masons having infiltrated and taking prominent place in EVERY major religion on the planet. Encouraging the members to worship SATAN instead of God.
And that has been my belief for quite a number of years: The 'churches' have favored the 'religions' of MEN rather than the truth as offered in the Bible. The Bible does NOT encourage RELIGION, but true FAITH in God through His Son. BIG difference. For the 'churches' encourage one's beliefs be focused ON the 'churches' themselves INSTEAD of God through His Son. And the Freemasons have been at the FOREFRONT of this "change" ever since it started.
While the Catholics outright STATE that Freemasonry is 'of the Devil', it is my belief that the RCC was formed by FREEMASONS at it's onset. Their RITES, RITUALS, architecture, uniforms, totems, graven images, ALL this introduced by Freemasonry. So their attempt to denounce Freemasonry is nothing other than a GUISE. They PRETEND to oppose it while in truth they are as much a part of it NOW as they always have been.
And this 'religion', (which they try and deny), has been around LONGER than any other. Probably started with CAIN. For it is offered in the Bible that Cain went to the land of Nod where he BUILT A CITY. And the main material back then would have been STONE. Hence, most likely the BIRTH of Freemasonry. And it would only stand to reason that the FIRST man to openly oppose God would be CAIN who was basically SEPARATED from God BY God upon the murder of his own brother out of jealousy and envy. The FIRST human sacrifice made to LUCIFER. Therefore, the most likely FIRST adherent to a religion that worshiped SATAN instead of God.
Blessings,
MEC

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.