Can anyone plaese explain why some christians hate the cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Can you please expalin to me why some Christians hate the cross and meditating on the sufferings of Christ? I posted this on a forum. I don't know if its against the rules to mention forums names here so I won't...below read the comments that were addressed to me...from a christian.

SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING.

You don’t help, you have no insight on anything and you’re annoying with the way you romanticize deities.

I ALREADY KNOW THAT JESUS KNOWS WHAT I’M GOING THROUGH, (nasty four letter word explanative!)

aw I'm sorry someone said that to you Amy :hug::hug::hug:that's so mean. and it's not true at all (and if it was true, then it'd be true for me too ;))

I don't know why some people don't like thinking about the Cross... I think it's so important to do though because it helps us love God and realize how much He loves us. I'm reminded of what some people said about 'the Passion' movie: "it's too violent.. let's think about Christ's life.. and how He lives in glory with the Father now.." hmm well the Cross is actually pretty central to everything.. He didn't come to earth just to teach but to die for our sins. I know for myself, when I think about His Passion..all that He went through..it helps me soo much spiritually. I'd even say that meditating on Christ's Passion is second only to the Eucharist in terms of how much it helps us know God.

I had the strongest apprehensiveness against praying the Rosary for some time because I was afraid of praying "to" Mary but now I've been doing this for awhile and it feels like second nature - after all, say you have no one around you to ask to pray for you - you'd ask Mary:)

You can't necessarily force yourself to do it - but now I don't feel scared of it anymore. It took me some time before one day I realized that I needed some "stronger" prayer in a certain situation and I just had to turn to this - now it's becoming an important thing to me.

that's so great to hear Ladybug :clap:indeed the Rosary is a powerful prayer and Mary is a very powerful intercessor..and our Mother, who loves us. :) I used to feel much like you did about the Rosary, I was kind of afraid of it, but it's helped me lots. I really need to pray it more.

God bless :hug:

Upvote 0

Sianelle

Sister Annie
Aug 23, 2008
Hauraki Plains New Zealand.
✟16,277.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I had the strongest apprehensiveness against praying the Rosary for some time because I was afraid of praying "to" Mary but now I've been doing this for awhile and it feels like second nature - after all, say you have no one around you to ask to pray for you - you'd ask Mary:)

You can't necessarily force yourself to do it - but now I don't feel scared of it anymore. It took me some time before one day I realized that I needed some "stronger" prayer in a certain situation and I just had to turn to this - now it's becoming an important thing to me.

Oh Child! Who has been neglecting thee? There is an enormous library of Marian literature that has been published under the seal of the Church and not one sentence of it raises Mary to the height of God+
I think you have been listening to far too many Protestants who as a breed understand little of the true relationship between Jesus+ and his blessed mother.
The Rosary is one of the greatest spiritual tools that we Catholics possess and never never permit anyone to tell you that it is a thing to be feared. Within its compass lies all of our Lord's+ life and teachings and you will never exhaust the rich blessings that are given to those who regularly pray and meditate on the mysteries of the most holy Rosary.

Upvote 0

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Crucifix or empty cross...

Ever look at the sanctuaries of some modern churches? There may be a globe or international flags hanging around but there is no cross.

Why are we dissing the cross?

Why is it no longer the focus of our attention?

Why doesn't the sufferings of Christ spur us on to love, forgiveness and good deeds?
Yes, it does.

In our efforst to reach out and be seeker friendly why are we hiding the cross?

I have heard people say, "Its because its a religious symbol and turns people off."

ours is the modern age where the cross became an offense in christendom.

Yes, it has. Look at all of the outcry about The Passion. People don't want to know about the Truth of Christs Passion, Crucifixion and death. They want a resurrection only christianity, which is no christianity at all.

The simple fact is, the Crucifixion is central to the Gospel of Christ. Without the Crucifixion there is no salvation.
As St. Paul tells us

Rom 6:6
We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the sinful body might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin.

1Co 1:23-25 we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 2:2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

And many, many more. As I say, without the Crucifixion is central to the Gospel message.

Grace and peace to you.

Your servant in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.