Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? In some cases it's more to do with having an inerrant interpretation ("This IS what the Bible says..."). Matter settled forever.

John
NZ

I'd go along with that idea of the issue. I've said before, this is where Jews and Muslims have a step up on Christians. At least they've each put their interpretations of scripture in a separate book so that they know which is inerrant and which can be debated.

Upvote 0

MormonFriend

Senior Veteran
Sep 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟6,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Neither side is Unorthodox. Why is this thread here?

because, by CF definition, I am not allowed to post anywhere else.
Because my interest has long been the advent of divisions resulting from contradictions in understandings, and who follows the only true Spirit that gives us understanding, as is declared in 1Cor.2

If neither side is Unorthodox, what does that say about Orthodoxy?

Upvote 0

Evergreen48

Aug 24, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because my interest has long been the advent of divisions resulting from contradictions in understandings, and who follows the only true Spirit that gives us understanding, as is declared in 1Cor.2

:D :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Yeah, but the Spirit isn't tied to denominations. God can save people anywhere He desires to do it.

It says nothing about right teaching. It only proves that not all people think alike.

Upvote 0

Evergreen48

Aug 24, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can both views be true?

I was about to ask the same question. You got there before me. :)

I have to wonder if the Lord approves of "straddling the fence" like that. But, since the forum belongs to people who have the right to say what is and what is not Orthodox, I'm just thankful that at least they do give us "unorthodoxies" a chance to sound off also.

Upvote 0

MormonFriend

Senior Veteran
Sep 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟6,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Yeah, but the Spirit isn't tied to denominations.
And that is why there are so many of them.

God can save people anywhere He desires to do it.
. Do you imply that God does not desire that to save all people?

It says nothing about right teaching. It only proves that not all people think alike.
. I have heard it said: "Show me two people who think alike, and I can show you at least one person who is not thinking."
But when it comes to understanding the things of God, which can only be understood by His Spirit, thinking outside the normal method we are natural with must be bridled, and we must listen to and obey God's will. Our thought process can focus on those basics. When we give our open mind and hearts to God, by removing selfish and prideful thoughts and desires (which interfere with the process of hearing the Spirit) then the Spirit can reveal its truth on the Spirit's higher level. His voice is drowned out, cannot be heard on our base and corse level.

So it follows: Show two people who understand the things of God differently, and it shows at least one who does not hear the the voice of the Spirit. (Disclaimer: This definition is not meant to imply that I personally understand all things by the Spirit.)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And that is why there are so many of them.

The Holy Spirit did not cause denominations. He goes to people in every denomination when it is God's will.

. Do you imply that God does not desire that to save all people?

If you are not a universalist, and actually believe in a three separate beings godhead, your godhead is either unwilling or unable to save all people.

But when it comes to understanding the things of God, which can only be understood by His Spirit, thinking outside the normal method we are natural with must be bridled, and we must listen to and obey God's will. Our thought process can focus on those basics. When we give our open mind and hearts to God, by removing selfish and prideful thoughts and desires (which interfere with the process of hearing the Spirit) then the Spirit can reveal its truth on the Spirit's higher level. His voice is drowned out, cannot be heard on our base and corse level.

Not biblical. Good grief! God isn't weak and powerless.

So it follows: Show two people who understand the things of God differently, and it shows at least one who does not hear the the voice of the Spirit. (Disclaimer: This definition is not meant to imply that I personally understand all things by the Spirit.)

I would say there's a possibility that neither of them hears the Holy Spirit or both do and haven't yet come to a unity of the faith that exists in Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums