Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I have been a member of a Calvary Chapel daughter church for quite some time.

In fact, the daughter church I fellowshipped at for several years, Horizon Christian Fellowship of San Diego, has a daughter church of their own, Horizon Christian Fellowship of Indianapolis. They shouldn't be too far from Anderson.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Calvary Chapel flourished because it was swept up in the Jesus People movement of the 70's. Someone decided to do some honest to goodness evangelism, and when you do step out to do something for God like taking the gospel to the streets with face to face, heart to heart interactions that really show the love of Christ, Jesus shows up in power.

When you get a glimpse of that power, you wonder how the church managed (or you understand why the church hasn't really done it's job) all these years.

Then you start to surrender yourself to all the spiritual giftings and God moves because He's the only one who knows, or has the power, to get the job done. Then you start to see all the spiritual gifts manifesting and it's glorious to God.

Don't be a continuationist, it's really poor exegesis.

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just started going to a Calvary Chapel church and I appreciate reading straight from the bible verse for verse and how the pastor stands for truth, morality, and the word of God. The place is warm and inviting, seeker friendly with the preaching of truth that will make anyone who is not right with God want to get the relationship right. We see a loving God, longsuffering, and a God who is holy. Those who are in leadership are mature and filled with the fruit of the Spirit. After going to some charismatic and assembly of God churches and seeing weird stuff like "Circle Maker" in AoG and "slain in the spirit" in a charismatic, and simply people being enthralled with mysticism and not the Spirit of God, I am glad to get away from the mayhem with the gifts of the Spirit intact. I still believe that being baptized in the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the gift of tongues but not all have the gift. Some people seem to get egotistical about having the gift of tongues and think that those who do not receive the gift just do not have enough faith. I guess that is what you get when you seek experiences and do not read your word.

Upvote 0