Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This conversation is ridiculous, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. Prepare or don't, makes no difference to me.

I'll take a stab in the dark here and guess that you frequent websites like Steve Quayle and Five Doves. Neither of these websites nor any like them are credible news sources or sources of information. Nobody that frequents these sites knows anything about the proprietors--as in what kind of people they are that they should be deemed trustworthy as sources of any such information.

You've only proven your ignorance on the reality of this issue, and instead of conceding that, you've instead turned to accusations of being unprepared and then fleeing the conversation. What are you afraid of if you remained engaged in this conversation? Are you afraid that you might actually learn the truth of the situation and suddenly everything you believe about your faith and way of life will be turned upside-down? You've shown this sort of behavior in other threads as well when you're claims have been soundly debunked.

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll take a stab in the dark here and guess that you frequent websites like Steve Quayle and Five Doves. Neither of these websites nor any like them are credible news sources or sources of information. Nobody that frequents these sites knows anything about the proprietors--as in what kind of people they are that they should be deemed trustworthy as sources of any such information.

You've only proven your ignorance on the reality of this issue, and instead of conceding that, you've instead turned to accusations of being unprepared and then fleeing the conversation. What are you afraid of if you remained engaged in this conversation? Are you afraid that you might actually learn the truth of the situation and suddenly everything you believe about your faith and way of life will be turned upside-down? You've shown this sort of behavior in other threads as well when you're claims have been soundly debunked.

I've never heard of steve quale or five doves. That's the truth, I'm not a liar. I"m also not afraid of anything, I'm just not interested in wasting my time arguing with people who keep their heads buried in the sand pretending that everything is fine, nothing to see here.

baghdad_.jpg

Reminds me of the minster of information in baghdad, remember him? Almost comical. You just keep on believing that, while I'll keep on preparing as the Lord is moving me to.

My faith is in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. My lifestyle is the same as everyone elses, I don't live in a hut without electricity. But I take steps everyday to learn how to live without these modern conveniences because the day will probably come when we won't have them. Does that scare you? Probably, because that's what your posts show me. It does not scare me, because I"m preparing.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I try and warn people to prepare. I do it because God moves me to. You want to refute that too?

But, I will be prepared, and the naysayers won't be.......bottom line.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You've only proven your ignorance on the reality of this issue, and instead of conceding that, you've instead turned to accusations of being unprepared and then fleeing the conversation.

Maybe you enjoy sitting here hour after hour arguing with people on the internet, but I don't. I will post info as I'm moved to do it. I"m under no obligation to spend half of my life trying to convince you, or others, of anything. It's not my job.

Make no mistake about it, that's not "fleeing the conversation"........it's more like not willing to waste my time on it when I have better things to do. :wave:

Don't take that as weakness, because nothing could be further from the truth. My strength comes from TRUTH and the Lord. I rebuke satans lies using the name of Jesus. I don't stand around arguing with them afterwards. Jesus didn't either.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I live in Amish country where home-grown produce is the life-blood of the region; Lancaster County, PA would fall off the face of the earth if it became illegal for the Amish to grow and sell their own food; tens of thousands of Amish - the entire Plain Folk community in fact - would be forced to make a mass exodus to Canada just to survive. Lancaster County's economy would collapse overnight. If what you're saying about this bill is correct I'll know about it immediately.

In Christ,

Acts6:5
Not sure a mass exodus to Canada will help ...

From Canada: http://www.percyschmeiser.com/AcresUSAstory.pdf

"At the trial the judge ruled on three or four points that are very important and that affect farmers all over the world. A focal point of concern are property rights of farmers to be able to use their own seed throughout the world. He ruled that it didn’t matter how Monsanto’s genetically altered canola got on to my land. The judge went on to specify that if it blew in by the wind, cross-pollinated by flood, birds, bees, animals, fell off farmer’s trucks, or migrated from the neighbor who may be growing it in the field next to mine — even if it blows into my field against my wishes — it does not matter, I infringed on their patent."

That's kinda the background of the argument, Acts. It's easy to simply blame Monsanto. But, in truth Monsanto didn't enact the laws which put seed processors out of business. Hmm ..., how did that happen?

Since the letter of the law is your concern ...
Here's case law: The National AgLaw Reporter, National Agricultural Law Center

Ostensibly, the law is well and good ... well, maybe not so good. Here's a little reality: Growing
"The lawsuit against Parr dramatically changed the way he does business. The judge instructed him to modify his methods or pay $40,000 to Monsanto. Per court order, Parr’s machine now bears a sign that says, “Do not ask me to clean Roundup-ready seed. All varieties of Roundup-ready seed are patented. Replanting is illegal.” He must also have each farmer sign a paper saying their seed is not Roundup-ready. Finally, he must take a sample of every load of soybeans he cleans to the state seed commissioner and chemist’s office at Purdue University. After the chemists test the seed they send the sample to Monsanto to prove it is not Roundup-ready".
You're absolutely right about S.501, Acts. Couldn't find "seed" listed anywhere in it. It's really about "inspection". I counted seventy-two instances of "inspection" used. And, only one-hundred nineteen instances of "accredit" showed up. Not one single instance of oppress, oppressive or oppression showed up though, so there's probably no cause for concern with this legislation.

Nothing here to worry about, Acts ... I just wonder though; who is gonna conduct all the inspections, and who is gonna do all the accreditation, and perhaps most importantly who is gonna pay for all this inspecting and accrediting.

Oh, and one other thing ... you don't suppose that all the inspecting, and accreditation, and accrediting is gonna involve much paperwork do ya? Maybe it doesn't matter though, cuz all those nasty corporations like Monsanto have people that can handle all that stuff. No problem.

Acts, understand that special interests write these laws. Understand also the law of "unintended consequences". The most oppressive laws in existence were ostensibly implemented for the best of reasons. Hmm ..., just like in mother Russia ... for the common good.

Defend the indefensible at your own peril, Acts ...

As for your Amish friends ... they're pretty much outside the system. They'll ignore it. Of course, the local merchants who sell Amish products will have a few problems ..., but it's just a little paperwork ...

Hey, one quick question for ya, Acts. Any chance you've seen the film, FOOD INC? If ya haven't, it's a great documentary ... even nominated for an academy award. It's got lots of details about specific laws, specific companies and specific activities ... all those little details you need to know.

Find the movie trailer here: Official Food, Inc. Movie Site - Hungry For Change?

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ever heard of the multimillion dollar seed vault that I believe even Bill Gates may have been linked to? If you havn't you may want to ask the Lord what the deal is with this project, but if you would like to remain ignorant and refuse to ask Him and do honest research it is certaintly your purogative.

And hey if you don't like Lisa's posts there is always the ignore button for her and maybe me if you don't like this one^_^

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hey bro, Cali has been bankrupt since the Reagan administration ...

Huh?

From The essential Ronald Reagan: a ... - Google Books
"When Ronald Reagan took the office of governor in January 1967, California was spending a million dollars more each day than it was taking in. When he left office in December 1974, he turned over to his successor a surplus of $554 million. Under Reagan, California's bonds were upgraded to the highest possible rating-Moody's Triple-A-for the first time in thirty-one years. "We exaggerate very little," editorialized the San Francisco Examiner, "when we say that [Reagan] has saved the state from bankruptcy."
Reagan was the biggest tax-cutter in the state's history, enacting over $5.7 billion in tax relief, despite the almost $1 billion tax increase in his first year. His measures included the first comprehensive property tax relief program in California history, the elimination of taxes on families earning less than $8,000 a year, the reduction of taxes on lower-to-middle wage earners, and reduction of the business inventory tax by half. California is in good financial shape today," stated the veteran legislative analyst A. Alan Post, "because Reagan gave it a sound tax base."

Please let me know if any of this is incorrect, Charles ...

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've never heard of steve quale or five doves. That's the truth, I'm not a liar. I"m also not afraid of anything, I'm just not interested in wasting my time arguing with people who keep their heads buried in the sand pretending that everything is fine, nothing to see here.

baghdad_.jpg

Reminds me of the minster of information in baghdad, remember him? Almost comical. You just keep on believing that, while I'll keep on preparing as the Lord is moving me to.

My faith is in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. My lifestyle is the same as everyone elses, I don't live in a hut without electricity. But I take steps everyday to learn how to live without these modern conveniences because the day will probably come when we won't have them. Does that scare you? Probably, because that's what your posts show me. It does not scare me, because I"m preparing.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I try and warn people to prepare. I do it because God moves me to. You want to refute that too?

But, I will be prepared, and the naysayers won't be.......bottom line.

Have a nice day.

^_^ I forgot all about Baghdad Bob.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yea, but that 5 months is just a theory, other theories are 3.50 years, and other theories are 7 years.

You're taking a big chance............I'm not going to risk it because nobody knows for sure when we will get off this planet.

As the time of Satan being shortened to "five months" was stated twice I think it carries a lot of weight and because.....

Genesis 7:19,24 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. (24) And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
Our example of the end of days, given to us in the flood of Noah, shows that "the waters" were on earth for "an hundred and fifty days," or...five months.

However, we don't know how close we are to the last five months. What will happen before the great tribulation begins...rationing of food, huge price increases? Yes, I think so as it has already begun. To prepare for that we should now, as you are warning, get off our duffs and get ready. One way is through heirloom seeds (I would suggest Brandywine tomatoes...delicious!) Even if the five months begins this next May it's always good to use seeds "after their own kind." :)

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the time of Satan being shortened to "five months" was stated twice I think it carries a lot of weight and because.....
Genesis 7:19,24 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. (24) And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
Our example of the end of days, given to us in the flood of Noah, shows that "the waters" were on earth for "an hundred and fifty days," or...five months.

However, we don't know how close we are to the last five months. What will happen before the great tribulation begins...rationing of food, huge price increases? Yes, I think so as it has already begun. To prepare for that we should now, as you are warning, get off our duffs and get ready. One way is through heirloom seeds (I would suggest Brandywine tomatoes...delicious!) Even if the five months begins this next May it's always good to use seeds "after their own kind." :)

Even if it's only a 5 month ordeal, there will be millions of people left behind still. I hope that my preparations will benefit them so that they might survive long enough to be saved by Jesus.

He will lead the ones that are worthy. :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This conversation is ridiculous, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. Prepare or don't, makes no difference to me.
I asked legitimate questions. This is a discussion forum, Lisa, not a soapbox, so there's no point wringing your hands every time someone asks you to substantiate your claims. If you don't like people challenging what you say then you're participating on the wrong medium.

You've admitted that you haven't read the bill in question, and yet you're making claims about the government taking away basic human rights that you have not substantiated yet. If the government has made it illegal for Americans to grow or sell their own vegetables then that is a serious violation of our freedoms and I commend you for your patriotism. But if the bill in question doesn't say the things your claiming then don't you have a responsibility not to make wild accusations?

The truth shall set people free Lisa, not half truths and exaggerations. If the bill says what you say it does then simply provide the incriminating text and I'll believe it.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brothers/Sisters,

Some thoughts on this and other legislation. I've come to a realization that a majority (can't say "all" for certain) of legislation that is pushed through is packaged to look like it is for our (the people's) good/protection (ex: "Patriot" Act). However...the backers of a majority of the legislation are corporations. Are corporate interests aligned with our interests? They spend millions of dollars in this corrupt process to ensure that these 2000 page bills give them authority and/or wiggle-room so that they can expand and control their markets. This particular piece of legislation has been watered-down compared to the original (a tactic that is used over and over)...but wouldn't have passed unless it allows for or gives corporations more power/authority. So...in this case we weed-out (no pun intended) the small farmer (if not now...eventually) and other "competition" in an effort to have total control over the food supply. We are cattle...they don't want thinking or feeding ourselves. They want to dumb-us-down and make us unhealthy. We are easier to predict and control that way...and huge industries can be built around those issues. If you think...for one second...that our Government is not an instrument of our Enemy then you need to do some serious seeking...

CC

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Brothers/Sisters,

Some thoughts on this and other legislation. I've come to a realization that a majority (can't say "all" for certain) of legislation that is pushed through is packaged to look like it is for our (the people's) good/protection (ex: "Patriot" Act). However...the backers of a majority of the legislation are corporations. Are corporate interests aligned with our interests? They spend millions of dollars in this corrupt process to ensure that these 2000 page bills give them authority and/or wiggle-room so that they can expand and control their markets. This particular piece of legislation has been watered-down compared to the original (a tactic that is used over and over)...but wouldn't have passed unless it allows for or gives corporations more power/authority. So...in this case we weed-out (no pun intended) the small farmer (if not now...eventually) and other "competition" in an effort to have total control over the food supply. We are cattle...they don't want thinking or feeding ourselves. They want to dumb-us-down and make us unhealthy. We are easier to predict and control that way...and huge industries can be built around those issues. If you think...for one second...that our Government is not an instrument of our Enemy then you need to do some serious seeking...

CC

:thumbsup:

To the point ...

... nicely stated, CC. :thumbsup:

I can understand why those greedy Republicans (who we all know ally themselves with corporations) would vote for this bill, but why did 100% of the Democrats? After all, the Dems are looking out for us little people, aren't they?

Seriously. Here's the roll call. ( ... cuz some need proof ... )
Every single Democrat voted for this industry-perpetrated monstrous legislation. Why?
But, if this bill is all about big business, then why did most Republicans vote against it? ... sigh ... so many contradictions.

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Barrasso (R-WY), Nay
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Begich (D-AK), Yea
Bennet (D-CO), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Nay
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Not Voting
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Brown (D-OH), Yea
Brown (R-MA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Not Voting
Bunning (R-KY), Nay
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Cardin (D-MD), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Casey (D-PA), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Nay
Coburn (R-OK), Nay
Cochran (R-MS), Nay
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Coons (D-DE), Yea
Corker (R-TN), Nay
Cornyn (R-TX), Nay
Crapo (R-ID), Nay
DeMint (R-SC), Nay
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Nay
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Franken (D-MN), Yea
Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea
Graham (R-SC), Nay
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagan (D-NC), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Nay
Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Nay
Johanns (R-NE), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kirk (R-IL), Yea
Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Nay
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
LeMieux (R-FL), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Manchin (D-WV), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Nay
McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Nay
Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
Merkley (D-OR), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Risch (R-ID), Nay
Roberts (R-KS), Nay
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Nay
Shaheen (D-NH), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Nay
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (D-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Tester (D-MT), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Nay
Udall (D-CO), Yea
Udall (D-NM), Yea
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (D-VA), Yea
Webb (D-VA), Yea
Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
Wicker (R-MS), Nay
Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brothers/Sisters,

CC
:thumbsup:
No the NWO couldn't have us thinking and figuring out their plans then the people might actually rise up and do to them what has been done to us. Take away human rights, subject them to their mindless media and , take control of their wealth and spend it with abandon and feed them lab created food. Hmmm Did I leave anything out:confused:

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IThe truth shall set people free Lisa, not half truths and exaggerations. If the bill says what you say it does then simply provide the incriminating text and I'll believe it.

Don't hold your breath. Lisa don't seem to care much for facts, only shouting from the moutaintop...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is now illegal to grow your own food and sell it or give it away to friends, family or neighbors. It is also illegal now to collect and store heirloom non-hybrid seeds.

A. False
B. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I asked legitimate questions. This is a discussion forum, Lisa, not a soapbox, so there's no point wringing your hands every time someone asks you to substantiate your claims. If you don't like people challenging what you say then you're participating on the wrong medium.

You've admitted that you haven't read the bill in question, and yet you're making claims about the government taking away basic human rights that you have not substantiated yet. If the government has made it illegal for Americans to grow or sell their own vegetables then that is a serious violation of our freedoms and I commend you for your patriotism. But if the bill in question doesn't say the things your claiming then don't you have a responsibility not to make wild accusations?

The truth shall set people free Lisa, not half truths and exaggerations. If the bill says what you say it does then simply provide the incriminating text and I'll believe it.

In Christ,

Monsanto is involved in this and guess who holds a huge interest in them? George Soros.

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brothers/Sisters,

CC

AMEN!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0