Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
cameronw said:
I don't think he woud serve. He would be a little to busy and couldn't this create a conflict of interest?

-cw
Ya mean between being sworn to tell the truth and being a politician? That conflict?

Reactions: UberLutheran
Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've never heard of that happening before. And it's funny just a week or so ago John Kerry was called to jury duty in his area too! He was the guy who was I guess like the leader (I forgot what they call them) and a woman who was interviewed who was in the group said she was impressed with Kerry's leadership and getting to know him and regretted her vote for Bush. I think it's odd how Bush was called shortly after Kerry. Maybe it's a sign? ;) J/k.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Diane, I'm so envious. I kept getting called when I was working as a consultant - no work, no pay. I missed one crucial deadline because the judge didn't think my work was as important as yet one more medical malpractice case.

Now that I'm retired, I have all the time in the world to do jury duty, but I've not been called in 10 years. Should I call the county and tell them that I'm available or would that look too desperate? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nah, he can run and hide under the bed with his teddy bear. Or he can stand infront of the military just to tell how he can't come. It would be funny if they made him come and he didn't go and he got in huge trouble for it. All this criminal stuff going on in his administration and jury duty would get him. Ha!

JPPT1974 said:
You know why he will get out of jury duty
Simple...he's our President for crying out loud! :D :D

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as I know most states just pull names at random according to there Home Address. His name just got pulled at random, nothing funny there.

I've been called before also (both times After i moved from that area though)

The thing I don't like about Jury Duty is I'm the bread winner for my family, and to take a day or two off would not be a major problem, but any longer...

And what's with the token $5 bucks if your called ? like that's going to replace my lost income & feed my family ?

Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
indeep said:
hey, I got a letter asking me to come for jury duty while I was a guest of her majesty queen lizzy 2. :p

Seriously? On the guest part.

As far as I know most states just pull names at random according to their Home Address.

Ah. And Crawford isn't a very big town is it? Has any other president (or in this case pResident) ever been called before?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most jury lists are pulled from voter registration lists, and I believe Bush is registered to vote in Crawford.

If the judge doesn't dismiss him, though, the judge should be removed. Having Bush, with all the Secret Service, media, stargazers, and nutjobs that will be in attendance would be a disservice to the defendant and the prosecutor.

Upvote 0