Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There was no Koran when the books were burned in the new testament. If there were, and one was in the pile would that be a bad thing? I notice that people are killed in revenge for burning a book...is this reasonable?
Reasonable to whom? To Christians, no. To Muslims, yes.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently not to Islamic fanatics. Note that, after the books were burned, two US soldiers were killed by an Afghan soldier. Then yesterday (Sunday) two US Army officers were assassinated inside the Interior Ministry. What galls me more than anything is our empty suit sitting in the Oval Office apologized for the inadvertantly improper disposal of the Qu'rans (which were being used by detainees to communicate among themselves within a prison, decidedly against any prison's rules) and did nothing to demand the Afghani government apologize for four US citizens' deaths over a flippin' book!

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
and did nothing to demand the Afghani government apologize for four US citizens' deaths over a flippin' book!

A flipping book? You guys consider the Bible the same thing as Jesus Christ. The "Word of God". Is the Bible just a flippin book?

Just because you reject Islam, doesn't mean they don't exalt the Koran to the same level as you view the Bible.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A flipping book? You guys consider the Bible the same thing as Jesus Christ. The "Word of God". Is the Bible just a flippin book?
No, the Bible is inspired by God. The Qu'ran was not.
Just because you reject Islam, doesn't mean they don't exalt the Koran to the same level as you view the Bible.
I'm sure they exalt the Qu'ran far exceedingly above how I exalt the Bible. I think the actions of the last few days prove that. The difference between us and the Muslim fanatics is, if someone burned Bibles on The Mall in DC, we wouldn't kill them and burn down our neighbors homes and businesses in protest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jase, Christians believe the bible is the word of God, but I do not know any Christians that believes we should kill anyone for burning it. We do not worship the bible.

the Qurans that were accidentally burned, had extremest messages written in them, that is why they were taken.

An apology is fine, but not to mention the disgust of their behavior and killing of our men is sickening.

The bible teaches if you are not a child of God, saved by Christ, you are a child of the prince of this world, Satan. And we can tell by the evil hate these Muslims are displaying in Afghanistan that that is exactly who they are worshiping.

pray for the salvation of the Muslim men who killed our soldiers, for they are so filled with hate.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jase, Christians believe the bible is the word of God, but I do not know any Christians that believes we should kill anyone for burning it. We do not worship the bible.

the Qurans that were accidentally burned, had extremest messages written in them, that is why they were taken.

An apology is fine, but not to mention the disgust of their behavior and killing of our men is sickening.

The bible teaches if you are not a child of God, saved by Christ, you are a child of the prince of this world, Satan. And we can tell by the evil hate these Muslims are displaying in Afghanistan that that is exactly who they are worshiping.

pray for the salvation of the Muslim men who killed our soldiers, for they are so filled with hate.
Yep, what she said ...
Up_Arrow_Icon.png

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Reasonable to whom? To Christians, no. To Muslims, yes.
Find that hard to believe. Are you suggesting Muslims want mass murder over burning a book? I would suspect that would be the extreme elements. And I think that their game is getting old fast.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Apparently not to Islamic fanatics. Note that, after the books were burned, two US soldiers were killed by an Afghan soldier. Then yesterday (Sunday) two US Army officers were assassinated inside the Interior Ministry. What galls me more than anything is our empty suit sitting in the Oval Office apologized for the inadvertantly improper disposal of the Qu'rans (which were being used by detainees to communicate among themselves within a prison, decidedly against any prison's rules) and did nothing to demand the Afghani government apologize for four US citizens' deaths over a flippin' book!
Almost like the man in the office doesn't really care one way or the other. Playing both sides against the middle?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Not me. I would not condone killing hordes of people or even one over burning a bible. I have thrown a few older ones out. Civilized behavior should be considered. The world tires of savages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the Qurans that were accidentally burned, had extremest messages written in them, that is why they were taken....
Doesn't matter that much to me why a Koran is burned. Kinda like burning a flag. No need to start killing people over some silly thing.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Almost like the man in the office doesn't really care one way or the other. Playing both sides against the middle?
Perhaps. Anything with him wouldn't surprise me in the least. But I think the reality is that his agenda is to weaken the US so that it is just another nation, not the leading nation in the world. Why he wants to do that is open to speculation.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Though some Christians call the Bible the "Word of God" I doubt that they put the Bible as the same as Jesus, the "Word of God". They should really make the difference overt. The Bible is the inspired written word of God which reveals the "Word of God Jesus".

It is a book with an inspired message within it. Destroy that book and the message still exists.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Though some Christians call the Bible the "Word of God" I doubt that they put the Bible as the same as Jesus, the "Word of God". They should really make the difference overt. The Bible is the inspired written word of God which reveals the "Word of God Jesus".

It is a book with an inspired message within it. Destroy that book and the message still exists.

In one of the other threads here, a poster said they are the same thing. Bible worship is an epidemic on Conservative boards like this. I find it absurd.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In one of the other threads here, a poster said they are the same thing. Bible worship is an epidemic on Conservative boards like this. I find it absurd.
"A poster" is not Christianity. Some Christians, but far from the majority, call the Bible the "Word of God". Most that do know the difference between the Bible and Jesus.

Upvote 0

99percentatheism

Jul 8, 2011
✟1,693.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Find that hard to believe. Are you suggesting Muslims want mass murder over burning a book? I would suspect that would be the extreme elements. And I think that their game is getting old fast.

Getting old? It looks exactly the same today as it has for centuries.

Upvote 0

99percentatheism

Jul 8, 2011
✟1,693.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
"A poster" is not Christianity. Some Christians, but far from the majority, call the Bible the "Word of God". Most that do know the difference between the Bible and Jesus.

Jesus is "the Word" made flesh.

Doubting that is not a good thing to do.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is "the Word" made flesh.

Doubting that is not a good thing to do.
Who is doubting anything about Jesus?
Jesus is the Word of God.
Scripture is the written word of God.

They are not the same thing.

Upvote 0

99percentatheism

Jul 8, 2011
✟1,693.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is doubting anything about Jesus?
Jesus is the Word of God.
Scripture is the written word of God.

They are not the same thing.

The "words" testify of Him.

I mean DUH, the Bible isn't the body of Christ Jesus, but the "word of God" is certainly Jesus from "its" first appearance in the Bible interacting with people, until "it" was taken into heaven in plain view of the Apostles.

Upvote 0