Bullying

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟204,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kids are usually bullied because they lack self-esteem/self-confidence for one reason or another. And once the bullying starts, of course the self-esteem/self-confidence tanks even more. I was not bullied until my parents divorced, then I had a huge invisible sign on my head that said bully me. I was bullied until I graduated HS.

Anything you can do to boost her self-esteem/self-confidence is helpful. Martial arts is great. Make sure she knows she is tops in her parents opinion as well. Not perfect or better than others but top notch to you and your wife.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand, at least in part.

While I was never in the military, (missed the draft by about 6 weeks) many of my buddies did the Viet Nam shuffle. Several came back with DSS; (now called PTSD) and hearing a jackhammer or a car backfiring would put them back in the jungle with snipers gunning for them. They described the search and destroy missions well enough that I got it, at least on an intellectual level. (certainly not the emotional or experiential level)

Which is why I said to be wary of that.
I think he means more so on the lines of if I were attorney I would say "I'm looking for someone to sue." There are plenty of army guys that have seen war and don't have PTSD. Some people even get offended when you state things like that. You go to war and come back and the min you get mad you get labeled with PTSD. When have to understand this is his daughter one of the best places to watch a fight between adults is at the park, normally it isn't started by the adults.

People don't play about their children, I will never forget I had to be 16 or 17. I get a phone call to pick my little cousin up at the bus stop, I was staying with my grandmother at the time due to parental conflict(my father choked me out, and gave me a mean shot to the stomach 6'3 300 plus to explain my mentality towards bullies), so I get there and he's crying. A 9 year old jamaican boy crying, I immediately told him about the crying it took a few mins but he stopped. We continued our walk I was about to get him a pizza and an icy just to make him feel better. But I hear a sound and he's crying again and I turn around and it's a little monster throwing stones and next to him is two grown monsters laughing while this little boy is throwing rocks at my little man......so I turn around and I tell them about it. He pushes me and I give him a wicked kick to the legs, and knee to the side of the stomach. He falls in pain and I look at the lady she's apologizing. I look at my little cousin and he has the biggest grin on his face. He didn't want an icy he actually wanted to learn what I knew. My father was big on martial arts and the arts as well as books. All and all he actually made me a very exposed individual.

It's a natural response to want to beat up someone that is bothering someone you believe is family.

Upvote 0