Buddhists attack Christians

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
Your evidence for this?
Uhh...history. I am not going to research every little thing. If you want to know, Google is a wonderful tool, the info can be easily found.

What do you think the KKK does? Just speak hate? They are known for a variety of violent attacks and killings.

The Ku Klux Klan, with its mystique and its long history of violence, is the most infamous -- and oldest -- of American hate groups. Although blacks have typically been the Klan's primary target, it also has attacked Jews, immigrants, homosexuals and, until recently, Catholics. Over the years since it was formed in December 1865, the Klan has typically seen itself as a Christian organization

There are plenty of Christian hate sites out there promoting violence against Jews and any non-white race out there, who are responsible for many attacks. Holy War, Skinheads of the Racial Holy War, Christian Identity, KKK (a majority of them), and more. I could go on and on.

Upvote 0

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
newlamb said:
yen, you mentioned this on anothr thread and I meant to ask you -

You stated that she was from India. Are you sure she isn't from Pakistan? Why is she still in jail. Are there any news articles about her?

Edited to add: I don't ask these to be mean, but there must be some reason to do this, because most Indian medical people have NOT been targeted by Homeland Security. Thanks.
She is from India, I am sure of that. She wasn't targeted by Homeland Security, just the local police force. They were following her home one night and she called 911 to say that someone was following her (she had recently been harassed and forced off the road in previous incidents), but when we she got to a more lit area she could see it was just simply a police car, and pulled over. They pulled her out of the car, beat her up, asking her things like "What is she going to blow up next?", and have now charged her with beating an officer and evading arrest (with some other minor charges).

She was an incredibly nice girl, and was about to fly her family in from India for the wedding, which has since been cancelled. Somehow it got out of hand, and has continued up to a higher court.

No news articles about her though, although her fiance is trying to get it noticed and is in the process of contacting a variety of organizations for support. It only happened recently.

It wasn't a government thing though like homeland security, just the local police force.

Upvote 0

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
Yeah, they are hoping the 911 call recording will show that she seriously thought she was being followed, and that the police sirens were never on (for her to evade them). We are all still waiting to hear whats going to happen and how far this will go. :/

On a side note (and unrelated to the topic), her main lawyer didn't show up and sent an assistant since he was busy with another case, and the assistant didn't file the right papers. Now they have no record of her showing up for court, which is now causing more problems for her.

Just have to pray and hope for the best, and that when it does go to an actual trial they will be able to prove her case.

Upvote 0

armed2010

Jul 13, 2003
California
✟4,182.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
newlamb said:
Where do you get your nasty attitude? I have never seen a post by you which was helpful to the discussion.

Agreed that Christians in the US are blessed. But if Canadian influence comes south it might not last too long. Christians are dying daily in China and Muslim countries. Check out the website - it won't hurt you and might give you a more generous perspective. :(
I get my nasty attitude from hearing the "were being persecuted!" rant all the time. Nothing the canadians are doing are restricting your rights to pray and worship. If anything, they are merely restricting your ability to force your religious views down others throats. Whenever you persecute gay people, its a just cause, but when anyone tries to stop you from persecuting them, oh no your getting persecuted!

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
armed2010 said:
I get my nasty attitude from hearing the "were being persecuted!" rant all the time. Nothing the canadians are doing are restricting your rights to pray and worship. If anything, they are merely restricting your ability to force your religious views down others throats. Whenever you persecute gay people, its a just cause, but when anyone tries to stop you from persecuting them, oh no your getting persecuted!
You are totally ignoring the point of the thread. Why don't you go to the appropriate forum if all you want to talk about is sex?

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the_malevolent_milk_man said:
It's very difficult to understand why this happened from the little news blurbs. The question should be why did they attack?

"He said the mob accused the Christians of looking down on Buddhists but authorities had deployed police to the area, which prevented the mob from razing the building.
"The attack caused small casualties," he said, adding that no further details were available.

Cambodia has experienced a rise in religious tensions since Christian evangelists began moving here once this country began emerging out of communism in 1989."

Here is another link as to why this might have happened

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2001/5583.htm
"In addition occasional tensions have been reported when Christian evangelists attempted to remove Buddhist images or religious items from private homes; however, during the period covered by this report there were no reports of tension between Cambodian Christians and non-Christians."

I seriously doubt that the christian community is completely innocent in this case and instances such as these provoked the radical Buddhists. Not saying what they did was right but they felt they had a reason, not based on discrimination, to attack the church. Still, it's impossible to tell from small news blurbs.
I just read about the latest one, 5 churches attacked in Sri Lanka in Aug. in my latest magazine. A theory being advanced is that attackers are attempting to incite Buddhists against the Christian community in order to create an environment of religious disharmony that, in turn, will allow the government to argue convincingly for the introduction of anti-conversion laws.

http://www.worthynews.com/christian-persecution/features/buddist-attack-churches-sri-lanka.html

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yen said:
Uhh...history. I am not going to research every little thing. If you want to know, Google is a wonderful tool, the info can be easily found.

What do you think the KKK does? Just speak hate? They are known for a variety of violent attacks and killings.

There are plenty of Christian hate sites out there promoting violence against Jews and any non-white race out there, who are responsible for many attacks. Holy War, Skinheads of the Racial Holy War, Christian Identity, KKK (a majority of them), and more. I could go on and on.
Your original quote said that Christian groups were out killing satanists, now you are switching the whole subject. Never mind though. I just think of the KKK as being something from out of the past, post Civil War, or maybe in the 1920's, when Woodrow Wilson got the nation heated up racially. .They certainly seem to be on the wane, if they still exist. I don't deny they existed though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
Please tell me how I am switchign the whole subject? Those groups claim to be tied to Christianity, when of course, we know that it is not a part of Christianity. They are however examples of extremist groups, claiming to be based on Christianity, and fighting to remove 'evil' (aka non-christians, non-whites, etc). Tell me how that is not on the subject? You asked for them. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many extremist hate groups are often made up of radical christians who proclaim white power and that Jesus is white, and anyone non-white is a child of satan. What do most hate groups do? Harass, beat up, and even kill those who they believe are satanic

I was asking for evidence of this. Never mind though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thought Cambodia already had anti evangelical laws that apply to all religions? That's why the christians are seemingly getting into so much trouble, part of the religion is to assimiliate others. There are no laws against trying to convert your friends, you just can't stand on the street corner and harass strangers or go door to door bugging people about religion. This applies to all religions there, not just christianity.

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
brewmama said:

I was asking for evidence of this. Never mind though.
Um, I POSTED EVIDENCE! Did you somehow miss how there were only two domestic terrorism incidents in 1999 in the US that resulted in casualties? And both were done by people who called themselves christians. Did you just miss my post?

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ThePhoenix said:
Um, I POSTED EVIDENCE! Did you somehow miss how there were only two domestic terrorism incidents in 1999 in the US that resulted in casualties? And both were done by people who called themselves christians. Did you just miss my post?
Simmer down Phoenix, I saw your post. I was referring to the comment about satanists, as I explained earlier. I didn't read all the way through it though, did the Arayan guy claim Christianity too? Never mind, I'll go back and read it again. Anyway, I got that and the IRA post too, thank you very much. I was asking yen about the satanist aspect, a technicality really, but I was being a stickler for accuracy.

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
brewmama said:
Simmer down Phoenix, I saw your post. I was referring to the comment about satanists, as I explained earlier. I didn't read all the way through it though, did the Arayan guy claim Christianity too? Never mind, I'll go back and read it again. Anyway, I got that and the IRA post too, thank you very much. I was asking yen about the satanist aspect, a technicality really, but I was being a stickler for accuracy.
Most of the Ayran nation claims that they're christian unfortunately. Satanism? I think all five followers are too busy using drugs to actually attack anything.

Upvote 0