Buddhists attack Christians

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you brewmama for posting this article. It is not generally known that Buddhists are persecuting Christians just as Muslims are. Voice of the Martyrs documents world-wide Christian persecution. Check them out! http://persecution.com/

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those are radical buddhists, just as there are radical Christians and radical Muslims. This act does not represent the majority of the Buddhist community.

__________________Maybe so, but where is all this radical Buddhism coming from? It is not historical, as violence in Islam is. It is showing up in several countries.

Where are the comparable radical Christians you are talking about?

Have you noticed that the only places left where true tolerance and freedom of religion are allowed are Christian based countries?

Upvote 0

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
A sample of a hate group led by so called Christians.

The Christian Identity religion asserts that whites, not Jews, are the true Israelites favored by God in the Bible. In most of its forms, Identity theology depicts Jews as biologically descended from Satan, while non-whites are seen as soulless "mud people" created with the other Biblical "beasts of the field." Christian Identity has its roots in a 19th-century English fad called British Israelism, which asserted that European whites were descended from the ten "lost tribes" of Israel and were thus related to Jews, who were descended from the other two Hebrew tribes mentioned in the Bible. But British Israelism, which was initially friendly to Jews, was adopted and transformed in the 20th century into a rabidly anti-Semitic creed by a number of racist preachers in the United States.

For decades, identity has been one of the most important ideologies for the white supremacist movement. In its hardest line form, it asserts that Christ will not return to earth until the globe is swept clean of Jews and other "Satanic" fluences

Does this mean this applies to all Christians? Nope. Thus you can't apply that article to all Buddhists. :)

Upvote 0

armed2010

Jul 13, 2003
California
✟4,182.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
newlamb said:
Thank you brewmama for posting this article. It is not generally known that Buddhists are persecuting Christians just as Muslims are. Voice of the Martyrs documents world-wide Christian persecution. Check them out! http://persecution.com/
Oh yes, the persecution of christians. Poor poor you. There are christian TV channels, christian shows, christian radio programs, mutliple chistian churches in EVERY town and city, bibles in the majority of hotel rooms, and christian marriages every day. Ya, your really being persecuted :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
armed2010 said:
Oh yes, the persecution of christians. Poor poor you. There are christian TV channels, christian shows, christian radio programs, mutliple chistian churches in EVERY town and city, bibles in the majority of hotel rooms, and christian marriages every day. Ya, your really being persecuted :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Where do you get your nasty attitude? I have never seen a post by you which was helpful to the discussion.

Agreed that Christians in the US are blessed. But if Canadian influence comes south it might not last too long. Christians are dying daily in China and Muslim countries. Check out the website - it won't hurt you and might give you a more generous perspective. :(

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yen said:
A sample of a hate group led by so called Christians.

Does this mean this applies to all Christians? Nope. Thus you can't apply that article to all Buddhists. :)
Is this group out bombing and killing people, or attacking other faiths? I have never heard of them.

I certainly never said that it applied to all Buddhists. But you can't deny that it's happening, and seems to be getting worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
armed2010 said:
Do you APPROVE of putting Christians to death, torturing them, blowing up their churches, enslaving them?

And what in the world does having a presence have to do with whether you are persecuted or not?

Upvote 0

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
You make it sound like all buddhist, the title of this post didn't say "extremist buddhist" anywhere, just buddhists. What do you think that subject will imply when other read it?

Did you not read the last of that? They believe that Christ won't return until the earth is swept clean of jews and satanic influences. How else do you sweep the earth clean, kill maybe?

Many extremist hate groups are often made up of radical christians who proclaim white power and that Jesus is white, and anyone non-white is a child of satan. What do most hate groups do? Harass, beat up, and even kill those who they believe are satanic.

I don't deny any of it is going on, but this thread is just so lopsided. ALL GROUPS have their extremist. Extremist Christians attack people, extremist Muslims attack people, and extremist Buddhists attack people. What about the rise in extremists who attacked anyone who looked like they were from the Middle East after 9/11? Jewish people are the most attacked religion in America (FBI Hate Crime Statistics), but I don't see anyone standing up for them? Who is most likely doing this? The Christian hate groups who just don't understand.

Don't judge a group by the actions of a few extremists, because all religions have them.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yen said:
You make it sound like all buddhist, the title of this post didn't say "extremist buddhist" anywhere, just buddhists. What do you think that subject will imply when other read it?

I was referring to all the Buddhist posts lately in the Spirituality forum claiming that Buddhism is all-tolerant and peaceful and so on. I said Buddhists can't claim the moral high ground now, NOT that they are all violent. I apologize if that came across differently. I am NOT judging the whole group.

Did you not read the last of that? They believe that Christ won't return until the earth is swept clean of jews and satanic influences. How else do you sweep the earth clean, kill maybe?
I did read the whole thing. Where is the evidence that they are killing? The article says other groups base their ideology on this sect, not that this sect is out killing people. It's not that I don't dismiss your claim out of hand, but I don't see the evidence that they are out committing massive acts of violence.

Many extremist hate groups are often made up of radical christians who proclaim white power and that Jesus is white, and anyone non-white is a child of satan. What do most hate groups do? Harass, beat up, and even kill those who they believe are satanic.
Your evidence for this?

I don't deny any of it is going on, but this thread is just so lopsided. ALL GROUPS have their extremist. Extremist Christians attack people, extremist Muslims attack people, and extremist Buddhists attack people. What about the rise in extremists who attacked anyone who looked like they were from the Middle East after 9/11? Jewish people are the most attacked religion in America (FBI Hate Crime Statistics), but I don't see anyone standing up for them? Who is most likely doing this? The Christian hate groups who just don't understand.

Don't judge a group by the actions of a few extremists, because all religions have them.
You are off base here. Christians are the only ones standing up for the Jews and Israel at this point. It is the leftists who are so anti-semitic.
And the retaliations on Muslims post 9/11 is greatly exaggerated. Dirty looks and imagined slights counted the same as full attacks.

I still say that Buddhist attacks on Christians are a new and frightening phenomenon, and out of character for them. I don't know what's behind it.

Upvote 0

foolsparade

Jul 12, 2002
Pennsyl-tucky
✟2,584.00
Faith
Atheist
brewmamma, whats the point? people kill people regardless of anything. to ask "where are all the radical Christians" is absurd. They are everywhere, same with any other type of religion. I admit that in Buddhism, hatred is rare but in Christianity it is somewhat common. Just look at your fellow members here on this forum. Some of the views of members here , while they are not killing anyone, creates fertile soil for the fringe to develop and grow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's very difficult to understand why this happened from the little news blurbs. The question should be why did they attack?

"He said the mob accused the Christians of looking down on Buddhists but authorities had deployed police to the area, which prevented the mob from razing the building.
"The attack caused small casualties," he said, adding that no further details were available.

Cambodia has experienced a rise in religious tensions since Christian evangelists began moving here once this country began emerging out of communism in 1989."

Here is another link as to why this might have happened

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2001/5583.htm
"In addition occasional tensions have been reported when Christian evangelists attempted to remove Buddhist images or religious items from private homes; however, during the period covered by this report there were no reports of tension between Cambodian Christians and non-Christians."

I seriously doubt that the christian community is completely innocent in this case and instances such as these provoked the radical Buddhists. Not saying what they did was right but they felt they had a reason, not based on discrimination, to attack the church. Still, it's impossible to tell from small news blurbs.

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
JOHN 15:18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. [19] If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

I'd say that this is what is going on! :pray:

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Godzman said:
more Christians have been killed in the last century then in any others, mostly by communists and Islamic Extremists
More of ANY group has been killed in the last century then any others, becuase there's so many more people. Meaningless quote.

Anyway, here's a fun group.
http://www.clrc.net/

Also look at the 1999 domestic terrorism report on the FBI's webpage. The only two incidents that resulted in casualties were done by purportedly christian people.

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/terroris.htm

Yes christians have extremists too.

Upvote 0

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
And the retaliations on Muslims post 9/11 is greatly exaggerated.
Tell that to my friend's fiance who was beaten up by the police asking her what terrorist plans does she have next. She is still in jail thanks to false charges by the police. She was a nice girl, just got her license to practice medicine, and was about to get married. Tell her that it's all an exaggeration.

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
yen said:
Tell that to my friend's fiance who was beaten up by the police asking her what terrorist plans does she have next. She is still in jail thanks to false charges by the police. She was a nice girl, just got her license to practice medicine, and was about to get married. Tell her that it's all an exaggeration.
yen, you mentioned this on anothr thread and I meant to ask you -

You stated that she was from India. Are you sure she isn't from Pakistan? Why is she still in jail. Are there any news articles about her?

Edited to add: I don't ask these to be mean, but there must be some reason to do this, because most Indian medical people have NOT been targeted by Homeland Security. Thanks.

Upvote 0