✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dominus Fidelis said:
Absolutely. It's a heresy stated in the 15th century. God doesn't cover up our ugliness when He converts us, He completely transforms us.

So you now are no longer a sinner?

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
MethodMan said:
Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the loveofGod that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

When Christ was crucified, there were two men with Him. Man had sentnced all three to die that day. Justifed in the eyes of Man. Two of those three live in eternity. Something to think about before asking "Can he regain God's love?"

As I have said, ths should test even gods ability to forgive.

I do believe that their are different levels of sin, but even the smallest of sins
means death to those that don't ask for forgiveness. All sins are not the same but we are all sinners.

I fully accept that as long as a person breathes they can accept Gods love.
But this one, would be hard to embrace. For this "man" has done the worst evil known to man, killed another for the fun of it, and even soiled his church with his crimes. He laughed at the God he professed to worship.

I doubt very much to see BTK in heaven, for I thnk he believes he is too smart for God. He mocks those of us that believe in God.

And forgive me if I don't pray for the soul of this evil incarnate.:mad:

OH, Dominus,
God is the spiritual leader, the one that decides.
If you believe in your heart that this is what God is telling you ,
Maybe your right. BUt make sure it's God and not just your thinking.

To many people try to decide what is right or wrong. Some church leaders, some religious people. But the Bible is our guidebook, and Jesus is our guide.
Not everything is set in stone, except the 10 comandments and I thnk over the years someone has lost those.:scratch: (how do you misplace a large place of stone?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
The point is that we rise above the actions of criminals by giving them the humanity they have denied others. It is only in this that we as a society can stand on a pedestal and pronounce judgement on others. Prison is not the idle paradise that some people seem to misunderstand it as. Locking a many up for a minimum of 14-18 hours a day for the rest of his natural life in a tiny cell, and giving him no world but that inside his cage is probably the humane inhumane thing you can do to a person.

What he did was appalling, and he deserves to be punished.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
JPPT1974 said:
I think he is getting a lesser punishment than all of his victims ever got combined. How about they tie him up, beat him up heartlessly and make him bleed to death, and rip the flesh off his bones to make him feel like what he did to all of his victims. Sick but that is I think how his victims families should do that.

I support midevil execution for some cases this being one.(I say medevil execution because most wouldn't want to hear what drawn and quartered means, or impaled, scourged, or other means of execution used in the ancient years.)
But the soft hearted say this is stooping to their level.
I say it might make the next serial killer or child rapist /murderer not to
kill or not to kill so ruthlessly.

Upvote 0

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
Billnew said:
I support midevil execution for some cases this being one.(I say medevil execution because most wouldn't want to hear what drawn and quartered means, or impaled, scourged, or other means of execution used in the ancient years.)
But the soft hearted say this is stooping to their level.
I say it might make the next serial killer or child rapist /murderer not to
kill or not to kill so ruthlessly.

soft hearted?!
the instant, gut reaction of most people would be to just kill them and make them suffer in the same way. for someone to resist that urge and to treat them in a humane way when they deserve nothing of the sort takes a strong heart in my book.

Upvote 0

NOTW

Oct 8, 2004
✟1,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kelly said:
Its people like BTK that REALLY test my faith in terms of judgement. 150 years (or, basically the rest of his life) is a long time, long enough to find Christ and repent. I hope he does (spoken through gritting, closed teeth)
Lol..
Are you talking about the former church congregation president and Boy Scout leader???:confused:

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
I just watched him on TV. He doesn't seem to have the slightest concept of how to find God's (oops, "the big man's" ((as he says)) ) forgiveness. No mention of Jesus. Many thanks to the people who helped him in prison and to his doctors. :scratch:

I have to leave this one to God. Rader is despicable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He's not. Rader is a ego maniac and got jealous of the media attention that a local lawyer was receiving when he started writting a book about him. When that happened, he started up the letters again.

I firmly believe that he didn't stop killing in the early 90s. There are still some unsolved murders that fit his MO. But Rader won't admit to them because he knows that he would be executed - which means that he wouldn't be able to continue to grab some attention from jail.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
NOTW said:
Lol..
Are you talking about the former church congregation president and Boy Scout leader???:confused:

I just can't leave this one alone. Apparently he was an extremely unpleasant person. That was his public personality. He was not a nice man. He didn't act nice in his normal life. Soooo, the moral to the story is that when a person is NOT A NICE PERSON, pray for them and stay out of their way! :cry:

Upvote 0

NOTW

Oct 8, 2004
✟1,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is what I found as I was reading the article in San Diego Union-Tribune related to the BTK...

San Diego Union-Tribune said:
Rader offered Biblical quotes, thanks to police and an apology to victims' relatives before he was sentenced. Some family members walked out of court during Rader's speech, saying they did not want to give him the time of day.(6th paragraph)

"A dark side is there, but now I think light is beginning to shine," Rader said. "Hopefully someday God will accept me."(7th paragraph)
Who knows if he truely asked for God's forgiveness?
Rader, 60, a former church congregation president and Boy Scout leader, led a double life, calling himself BTK for "bind, torture and kill." He was arrested in February and pleaded guilty in June to 10 murders from 1974 to 1991.(8th paragraph)

Here is the website, and I provided the paragraphs in which these quotes were extracted from...
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BTK_KILLINGS?SITE=CADIU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He lived one life as a church-going family man.
While in another life, he killed without any remorse, and heartlessly laughed and watched his victims die one-by-one.
He is indeed one messed-up dude.

Upvote 0