BRONCOS Shred the Panthers in Super Bowl! 24 to 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That game was rigged. The totally wrong "incomplete pass" call set the pace and attitude for the rest of the game. Panthers didnt have a chance to begin with.
Denver had a ton of penalties called on them, much worse than Carolina got. And Denver deserved them with the way that thug Talib was playing. They need to fire him, he's a liability.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Denver had a ton of penalties called on them, much worse than Carolina got. And Denver deserved them with the way that thug Talib was playing. They need to fire him, he's a liability.
There is talk of ejecting players that get two personal fouls in a game. Talib would've been booted early had that been the case. He's a great cover-guy but needs to reign in his emotions, obviously.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope Manning retires on this high note.

Newton and the Panthers will need to work on using more quick throws and some things to offset teams with strong pass rushers. Both the Falcons (in the lone regular season loss) and the Broncos did much the same thing.

Newton is going to change the game. Sorry that offends some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is talk of ejecting players that get two personal fouls in a game. Talib would've been booted early had that been the case. He's a great cover-guy but needs to reign in his emotions, obviously.
That face mask was brutal. Didn't he poke someone in the eyes earlier in the season?

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I hope Manning retires on this high note.

Newton and the Panthers will need to work on using more quick throws and some things to offset teams with strong pass rushers. Both the Falcons (in the lone regular season loss) and the Broncos did much the same thing.

Newton is going to change the game. Sorry that offends some people.
I think Newton needed a dose of humility from this game and Peyton needed to retire on a high note. So I'm glad with the outcome. But I agree, Cam has at least a decade left in his career and will get another shot if he really is as good as the hype.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coloradoguy

Aug 5, 2014
Denver
✟15,419.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That game was rigged. The totally wrong "incomplete pass" call set the pace and attitude for the rest of the game. Panthers didnt have a chance to begin with.

Everyone at the party last night were Broncos fans and even we didn't understand how that wasn't a catch. It was basically "That wasn't a catch!?!?" I felt like it was anyone's game until our last touchdown.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Everyone at the party last night were Broncos fans and even we didn't understand how that wasn't a catch. It was basically "That wasn't a catch!?!?" I felt like it was anyone's game until our last touchdown.
Tends to be a trend I think.
We watched the Panthers Seahawks play-off game. Seattle lost in the end by one touchdown that would have tied the game into overtime.
But early on Panthers got credit for a touchdown when their player jumped, landed horizontally across the backs of the offense and defenders on the first yard line. The player with the ball and for the Panthers , his name escapes me, is laying horizontally across the backs of players on both sides as they pile on to block. Panther player with the ball extends his arms, his feet are still resting on the backs of the pile of players underneath, and it's a touch down!

Even the commentators in the booth are in on it saying how there's no doubt about that call!
After that I knew with Seattle playing on the Panther's home field they were done for. Sure enough! They were.

When Pete Carroll doesn't challenge that it's in the bag. That's why I'm glad Panthers got thumped in the Super Bowl .

And now on top of the shirk that lost them the Bowl, Seattle's Beast Mode is probably going to retire. :(

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is the first time I've heard about this kind of presser. I think it insensitive to the losing team players to have to swallow their emotions after a Super Bowl defeat and face these type questions. Let them decompress and talk about it later.
Cam Newton looks so sad there and not to be unexpected. However, these questions are one thing when directed at Newton, but as we can see he turns his head listening to the guy who's got the mic in the background talking about the Bronco's play and that's enough.

My heart hurts for him. I was glad Bronco's won however Newton's countenance is heartbreaking.

Reactions: Blondepudding
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

I know, right?? Crazy.

I guess, though, that he had his little stomp-off because they were interviewing someone from Denver and he kept saying something like "can you throw the ball? Throw the ball" and Cam didn't like that. I have no idea if it was supposed to be about him or not. It's all very confusing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Newton is an emotional player and his team rallied around him all year. Few great quarterbacks have played in Super Bowls without ever losing. I think race is part of the reason he gets under some people's skin, but it's generational as well. I don't care for the level of celebrating the younger players do, but they are young (I'm obviously NOT). I was pulling for the Broncos and am a Peyton Manning fan. But I can appreciated the talent and performance of a great player like Cam Newton. Anybody that says Newton is lazy is ignorant about the sport.

Cam Newton:

“They just played better than us,” the 26-year-old quarterback said, according to ESPN. “I don’t know what you want me to say. They made more plays than us, and that’s what it comes down to. We had our opportunities.”
On what led to the Carolina Panthers’ loss, Newton said, “It wasn’t nothing special that they did. We dropped balls, we turned the ball over, gave up sacks, threw errant passes.

Peyton Manning:

“I’ll tell ya’, Cam couldn’t have been nicer to me,” the 39-year-old athlete told TODAY Monday morning. “He was extremely humble, congratulated me, wished me the best. I told him just congratulations on his outstanding season, and just what a great future he has ahead of him. He’ll be back in that game, I can promise you.”

Despite the brusque press conference, Manning, the oldest quarterback to ever win the Super Bowl according to Sports Illustrated, told TODAY that Newton “was extremely humble, congratulated me, wished me the best."

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
The Aqib Talib face mask offense is on YouTube. I didn't post it because it was captured by fans who filmed it at home and there is one piece of language that may offend.

I checked YT for his plays after that. I don't get why he's still on the Broncos team. He's a dirty player. Eye poke, that face mask offense was brutal. He's hurt other players with dirty tricks.
What's the deal? Can't the Broncos throw him off the team for chronic depraved repetitive unsportsmanlike conduct?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.