Bristol Palin Engaged to Dakota Meyer (moved)

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of the biggest fallacies that goes way back to the start of politics is the mythos that someone who has fought in a war will somehow automatically be a good Statesman.

Can a soldier make a good politician? Sure.

But it is not a given.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of someone's personal life becoming news.

FWIW, I wish any marriage success and hope they have a great life together.
Nobody has made any suggestion that Meyer is a statesman of any sort, good or bad.

It has been suggested though that becoming engaged to Bristol Palin turns the Medal of Honor winner into a stupid celebrity

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is now that he's marrying into the Palin family. Comes with the territory.

The website name plays with words. Is it gossip about stupid celebrities or stupid gossip about celebrities?

At any rate, he is now a celebrity and gets all the related attention.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,013.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has made any suggestion that Meyer is a statesman of any sort, good or bad.

It has been suggested though that becoming engaged to Bristol Palin turns the Medal of Honor winner into a stupid celebrity

I was unaware the two were mutually exclusive.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The website name plays with words. Is it gossip about stupid celebrities or stupid gossip about celebrities?

I would think Dakota was somewhat of a celebrity even before this. Now of course, the celebrity status will be magnified.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

He is going to regret that I bet.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When we see a website that includes someone like Dakota Meyer in their list of stupid celebrities, we know that the spirit of disdain for the military servicemen shown to many of us as we returned from Vietnam still lives

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would think Dakota was somewhat of a celebrity even before this. Now of course, the celebrity status will be magnified.

He only thought he was a celebrity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When we see a website that includes someone like Dakota Meyer in their list of stupid celebrities, we know that the spirit of disdain for the military servicemen shown to many of us as we return from Vietnam still lives

Guilt by association? He is going to regret being engaged to her and being in the spotlight all the time if they marry. I don't know of any veteran who likes that sort of attention.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Guilt by association? He is going to regret being engaged to her and being in the spotlight all the time if they marry. I don't know of any veteran who likes that sort of attention.

I am quite certain Dakota realizes this and if he really cares for Bristol, should not have had any impact on his decision.

I wonder, does anyone know how they met?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We will see if he's as thin-skinned as the Palin clan. Hopefully, he will be more mature than most of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am quite certain Dakota realizes this and if he really cares for Bristol, should not have had any impact on his decision.

I wonder, does anyone know how they met?
“Dakota came to Alaska to film Amazing America with my mom last year. He met Tripp during that time, and I’ve seen him in a few places where our paths have crossed since."

Upvote 0