Bristol Palin: A Bone To Pick With Obama Over Gay Marriage

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps you can explain why schools then are wasting tax dollars teaching classes with negligible influence

Political pressure from Conservative Christians. Who else would want to waste your tax money on ineffective "Abstinence only" programs?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Political pressure from Conservative Christians. Who else would want to waste your tax money on ineffective "Abstinence only" programs?
The program in question here is not an abstinence only program but rather a safe sex program, one hat failed Bristol Palin. :wave:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The program in question here is not an abstinence only program but rather a safe swx program, one hat failed Bristol Palin. :wave:

You mean the one that only got a chance to fail because of her parents far more egregious failure.

No teacher can counteract a student's upbringing -- or lack thereof.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Well, who can possibly refute such a well-thought out rebuttal?

I've seen it time and again, Mach --if the parents aren't involved in the kids education, the kids won't learn. I've seen it in every parent-teacher meeting I've ever held -- the parents that show up are the ones whose kids are achieving. the parents of the troubled kids -- the ones you want to talk to -- never show unless you call them (and rarely even then).

And when you do see them, it's always the same story: "I send my kid to school to learn; if there's a problem, you fix it." No teacher can make a dent against that kind of apathy.

The response -- homeschooling -- is overkill, IMO, but at least it's a step in the right direction -- parents taking responsibility for their children's education. Why else is it so successful?

Because unless parents get involved, the teachers can only do so much.

Upvote 0

an oddity

Mar 28, 2012
USA
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bristol wants to chastise the President for discussing and observing his daughter’s views on some sexual matters.

I assume Bristol would want the President to consult a mature adult parent like her mother Sarah. Too bad Bristol did not pay any attention to her mother’s views on sex outside of marriage and having a child out of wedlock.

I don’t think that 22 year old Bristol should be advising the president on an issue that has been controversial for more years than Bristol has been alive.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Upvote 0

an oddity

Mar 28, 2012
USA
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bristol wants to chastise the President for discussing and observing his daughter’s views on some sexual matters.

I assume Bristol would want the President to consult a mature adult parent like her mother Sarah. Too bad Bristol did not pay any attention to her mother’s views on sex outside of marriage and having a child out of wedlock.

I don’t think that 22 year old Bristol should be advising the president on an issue that has been controversial for more years than Bristol has been alive.

The Word of God is still the final authority in this matter.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, who can possibly refute such a well-thought out rebuttal?

I've seen it time and again, Mach --if the parents aren't involved in the kids education, the kids won't learn. I've seen it in every parent-teacher meeting I've ever held -- the parents that show up are the ones whose kids are achieving. the parents of the troubled kids -- the ones you want to talk to -- never show unless you call them (and rarely even then).

And when you do see them, it's always the same story: "I send my kid to school to learn; if there's a problem, you fix it." No teacher can make a dent against that kind of apathy.

The response -- homeschooling -- is overkill, IMO, but at least it's a step in the right direction -- parents taking responsibility for their children's education. Why else is it so successful?

Because unless parents get involved, the teachers can only do so much.

none of that means that the schools cannot subvert parental instruction :wave:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Word of God is still the final authority in this matter.

And the Word of God clearly says:

Matthew 7

[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
[4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Seems to me that Bristol has no business criticizing Obama on his "wrong" decisions until she stops cashing in on her own.

After all, would she be a reality TV star were it not for her own sinful choices? She hasn't exactly been acting all that penitent.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
none of that means that the schools cannot subvert parental instruction :wave:

It means they only can when the parents haven't been providing much instruction in the first place.

If the big bad public school has more influence raising your kids for you than you do, what does that say about you as a parent?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the Word of God clearly says:

Matthew 7

[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
[4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Seems to me that Bristol has no business criticizing Obama on his "wrong" decisions until she stops cashing in on her own.

After all, would she be a reality TV star were it not for her own sinful choices? She hasn't exactly been acting all that penitent.
Bristol has fully acknowledged her short comings

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And exploits them for profit -- not quite the same as "repentance," is it?
Exploits them for profit. Seems like an odd perspective. I congratulate her for being able to provide a good living for her son under the circumstances.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Exploits them for profit. Seems like an odd perspective. I congratulate her for being able to provide a good living for her son under the circumstances.

Yes, I too congratulate her for providing a living for her son, after such humble beginnings as a...politician's daughter. And I mean, come on, fame is like the most productive way to make a living, she contributes so much to society. Like um...an example of what not to do?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I too congratulate her for providing a living for her son, after such humble beginnings as a...politician's daughter. And I mean, come on, fame is like the most productive way to make a living,
As noted before, her fame came at the hands of our liberal friends beginning with the accusation that she was actually her brother's mother.

she contributes so much to society. Like um...an example of what not to do?
That's exactly the point she has made. She is an example of what not to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

You know, normally that sort of thing isn't rewarded. It defeats the purpose of the message.

Sure, her mouth may say "Don't be like me, wait for marriage." But her situation says "I didn't wait for marriage, and now I'm famous and successful."

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, normally that sort of thing isn't rewarded. It defeats the purpose of the message.

Sure, her mouth may say "Don't be like me, wait for marriage." But her situation says "I didn't wait for marriage, and now I'm famous and successful."
Really? So the Scared Straight program defeats the purpose of the message? Having recovering drug addicts talk to teens about the dangers of drugs defeats the message? I recall the now deceased criminal Stanley Tookie Williams. His supporters maintained that he wrote books for children that gave an anti-gang anti-violence message? Are you making the claim that he defeated his own message? Just so we know what point you're trying to make.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

So, "Life's a Tripp" is going to be a cautionary tale? What are you basing that assumption on?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Really? So the Scared Straight program defeats the purpose of the message? Having recovering drug addicts talk to teens about the dangers of drugs defeats the message? I recall the now deceased criminal Stanley Tookie Williams. His supporters maintained that he wrote books for children that gave an anti-gang anti-violence message? Are you making the claim that he defeated his own message? Just so we know what point you're trying to make.

Oh, I like this -- Bristol Palin's reality show is going to be the Abstinence version of "Scared Straight"? Is that the connection you want us to make, Mach?

Upvote 0