Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"He should really think harder about giving up expressions like that and allow people to use contraception instead," ZDRK president Erwin Leowsky said.

"I think it would be much more appropriate than saying such stupid things".

Leowsky added that not all rabbits had a high level of sexual activity, and that the stereotype mostly applied to rabbits living in the wild.

Most rabbits bred in captivity have a well-regulated reproductive rate, he said.

Pope Francis made his remarks on the way home from a visit to the Philippines, a stronghold of the Catholic Church in Asia which last year passed a family planning law in defiance of the Vatican's 1968-vintage ban on contraception.

Breeders say Pope's 'rabbits' comment 'unfair' - The Local

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟98,756.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Really? People are easily offended?

Tomorrow if the Pope says "Don't be like a pot calling the kettle black", I guess the pot and kettle manufactures will jump.

They will call the Pope comment stupid and say their pot & kettles won't go black even under constant use. Ask the Pope to get his facts checked first.

Maybe we should just abolish any use of common expression/proverbs/sayings cause they are not based on complete facts.

Maybe I should start calling an "African American man" as:

A human of biological male, social gender of male with the pigmentation of dark tone brown and DNA tracing back to humanoids from the region called as Africa however biologically born and a citizen of a country called the United States of America.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟98,756.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
IceJad, I am offended. These men are not always dark brown.

;)

^_^ ok a wide variety of brown tone from cream to chocolate with majority of them siding to chocolate. However tone is up to the interpretation of individual. And by individual I meant the person reading this comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟98,756.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't know but is this an Western thing to be politically correct all the time until to point of absurdity? Afraid to offend any and everyone.

You do know right that you can never please everyone every time. Trying harder just makes you trip over yourself even more. As long as we say thing with respect I doubt anyone with a brain cell will be offended.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟98,756.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I wish people would pay attention to some other things the Pope says.

Actually I do. He has said many things that are more inline with Jesus' teachings about mercy and forgiveness. I may not agree with some of the Catholic teachings (mostly its theological views on priesthood, role of women in the Church leadership, divinity of Mary & the veneration of saints) but a good message is a good message.

But lets not start a theological discussion on those issues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know but is this an Western thing to be politically correct all the time until to point of absurdity? Afraid to offend any and everyone.

You do know right that you can never please everyone every time. Trying harder just makes you trip over yourself even more. As long as we say thing with respect I doubt anyone with a brain cell will be offended.

Pretty much yeah, am afraid. :(

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
When the Pope was in Asia, he traveled without his bullet-proof glass.

Pope's comment is all right. He is telling people to be responsible parents.

People have a tendency to find fault with anything.

I once worked in a place where you can do your very best at work and yet people will find fault with you for things you cannot even dream of. That is how petty people behave. Their way is the only way, no other way but theirs. I quit.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟320,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some think, and excuse the term, that to be good Catholics, they must breed like rabbits". Following the Church's teachings did not mean "Christians should have children one after the other", he said.
Since the Church is very much against birth control of any kind. What does he think people are supposed to do, to stop having baby after baby?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yep, its a 'thing' today to be offended about anything and everything.

I have to giggle at times, because its so sad. It reminds me of my children when they were toddlers - or a bit older - fighting about every little thing when they go in that mood.

With my son everything had to be JUST so. For example, when I asked him to put on his shoes because we were leaving? "They are not shoes mother...they are Sandals." Or 'MOM She is LOOKING at ME!" or "MOM He is sitting past the line on his seat, and is in MY Part!"

The adult version today is to have your PR person have a list of addendum's listed to make sure the audience understands what you truly mean and don't mean...because they aren't mature enough to figure it out on their own.;)

I believe the comment - in context - had more to do with responsible parenting.

lol although you would never know it, because people forget what 'context' means! They are to busy being mad about the rabbit part.:wave::p

Its more popular to do their 'thing' than report what was actually said, because I guess that is too boring.:cool:

Upvote 0