✟3,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Touring3D said:
Well, we'll have to see if he is actually guilty. I guarentee you, that Dems will convict him before an actual trial takes place.

Yeah - that is strictly a Dem trait! Not an American Public trait - or even just an American Politician trait. Geesh! :confused:

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Quijote said:
Yup.

Just heard it on the news.....according to the local newsman, "this might cause Delay to step down as Majority leader"....

He will have to, by policy, until the issue is resolved.

Reactions: Links234
Upvote 0

GutterRat

Senior Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
Chi-town...area...burbs.
Visit site
✟3,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quijote said:
Yup.

Just heard it on the news.....according to the local newsman, "this might cause Delay to step down as Majority leader"....

No more "might" - he has stepped down. Like already said - he had to.
Link

HOUSTON (Reuters) - U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said he would "step aside" from his congressional leadership post following his indictment in Texas on Wednesday on one conspiracy count, his office said.

"I have notified the speaker that I will temporarily step aside from my position as majority leader pursuant to rules of the House Republican Conference and the actions of the Travis County District Attorney today," he said in a statement.

Upvote 0

Chuck_Darwin

Sep 21, 2002
Holland, Michigan
Visit site
✟1,023.00
Faith
Atheist
Touring3D said:
Well, we'll have to see if he is actually guilty. I guarentee you, that Dems will convict him before an actual trial takes place.

Sorta like Clinton was guilty before the trial?

One cheap shot deserves another. I think Delay should share a cell with Kennyboy Lay.

Upvote 0

GutterRat

Senior Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
Chi-town...area...burbs.
Visit site
✟3,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Link

"The criminal indictment of Majority Leader Tom Delay is the latest example that Republicans in Congress are plagued by a culture of corruption at the expense of the American people." — House Democratic Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California.

It never ceases to amaze me how both sides are corrupt as corrupt can be - yet they will still point fingers. Washington DC is nothing but a big Day Care Center for rich elected officials - pointing fingers & eating glue.

Reactions: Chajara
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I <3 Abraham

Go Cubbies!
Jun 7, 2005
✟18,730.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
GutterRat said:
Link

It never ceases to amaze me how both sides are corrupt as corrupt can be - yet they will still point fingers. Washington DC is nothing but a big Day Care Center for rich elected officials - pointing fingers & eating glue.

I thought the Pelosi thing was pretty dumb too. Why would you want to foster partisanship RIGHT NOW, why would you think that ticking off the repubs by saying that the whole party is corrup is a good idea RIGHT NOW?

It just makes her look like a fool.

Upvote 0

Spherical Time

Reality has a well known Liberal bias.
Apr 20, 2005
New York City
Visit site
✟11,273.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The courts may not have made their call yet, but in my opinion Delay is probably guilty. Granted, I listen to some left leaning news sources, but there seems to be a preponderence of the evidence, and if he is guilty I hope that there is enough to establish that guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.