1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking: Federal judge orders halt to HHS Mandate enforcement in Denver case...

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Michie, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
    BREAKING: Feds Halt HHS Mandate Enforcement on Small Business Owner

The Newland Family employ about 250 people in their small business, and they try to live out their consciences as Catholics, which means they offer a health insurance plan, that does not include coverage of sterilization or contraception. And the Obama administration’s Department of Justice did not like that.

Continued-
    Breaking: Federal judge orders halt to HHS Mandate enforcement in Denver case...

2. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Faith:
    Catholic
    I heard an interesting commentary today. The newscasters talked about how Obama has now come out strongly in support of gay marriage, gun control (thank God!), and contraceptive coverage.

The reason why? The three groups who oppose those proposals won't vote for him no matter what. He tries to meet them halfway? They hate him. 3/4's?
    They hate him. 90%? They hate him.

In the mean time, his supporters think he caves too much to the social (and, in the case of gun owners, anti-social) conservatives...

None of these groups has ever given him any incentive at all to deal....Indeed, if he acquiesced completely to their wishes, they'd find something else to complain about...

I would love to see him end the contraceptive mandate on October 31st, and see hundreds of bishops sputtering the stuttering and madly hunting for some other reason to tell people not to vote for him....

Because, as Archbishop Chaput so eloquently said, democracy has problems and government is too big.....

Thanks for putting your REAL concerns on the table, Archbishop Chaput.

3. AMDG

AMDG Tenderized for Christ

Faith:
    Catholic
    Why don't you like the Bishops? Why don't you approve of known Catholic teaching against abortion, drugs that cause abortion, contraceptives and sterilizations, or the teaching that marriage is unique for a reason? And what have you got against the Catholic social principle of subsidiarity?

Wolseley likes this.
  4. Vasallus

Vasallus New Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    Don't you get tired of bashing Bishops and Cardinals all......the......time???? Good lord, you're exhausting. Wrong most of the time, and exhausting.

5. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Faith:
    Catholic
    I believe that subsidiarity works well in small, homogeneous cultures, and poorly in overpopulated, secular global economies. And, after all, subsidiarity is to be used when it is effective--and therefore it doesn't apply to most of the situations the buck-passers would like to apply it to.

6. Kotton

Kotton Senior Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    As the headline on Fox News read: for now.
    We know it will go to higher court, the administration can't have this.

7. Kotton

Kotton Senior Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    And rightly so.
    LOL. I'd hate to see him divide a piece of pie, be lucky to get a bite of crust.
    They hate his policies, his incompetence, arrogance, and inability to know what the country really needs.

I'd like to see that also, but no bishop I know would be sputtering. There are still a multitude of policies that need to change.

8. Davidnic

Davidnic Have Fun Supporter

Faith:
    Catholic
    The Bishops would still have that whole...supports the legal murder of defenseless human life thing. That does come before other issues anyway.