Boy Who Killed Girl Over Puppies Used Gun in Closet

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I guess it all comes down to the individual. Plenty of parents have taught their children how to use a firearm (properly), and the child doesn't start messing with the gun as soon as the parent is not around. There have even been cases where a teenager was home and used the firearm to successfully defend the home against home invaders who had broken in. But like I said, it's still an "individual basis" thing.

Would you mind watching this documentary and telling us your thoughts about it?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Would you mind watching this documentary and telling us your thoughts about it?

I recognized it when I first started it. I saw it when it was first aired. My thoughts about it are the same as when I first saw it, which is the idea that it is stupid to put a real gun in with toys that children are allowed to play with and then expect that the child (these kids here weren't even close to being teenagers) isn't going to play with it. ABC has made other such pieces like this that can easily be discredited. They made one about the futility of defending yourself against an active shooter too. Totally without credibility.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No I have already realised it and apologised for it.

It's okay to speak about individuality, but I don't think the survival of children should be down to individuality.

No, the individuality I was speaking of was in the decision of the parents as to whether or not their child has reached a level of maturity to be taught about proper gun handling, and whether or not they've earned the level of trust needed in order to have one available to them in the home.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As could be seen in the video I posted, the parents of these children seemed to have misjudged the maturity. I would say that this could happen to many parents.

That's true, but like I was saying before, these kids are obviously too young to be exposed to something like this (maybe only 5 or 6 years old at most), and especially in a situation where firearms are mixed in with toys. But if these parents think these very young kids have reached a maturity level sufficient to have guns mixed in with their toys--well, that's why parents need to be held ultimately responsible for what their kids are exposed to. But in the case specifically played out in the video (pretending it was a real life scenario), it would be ABC or the school that placed real guns in with toys that would be responsible. The kids didn't even do anything wrong, unlike the case at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't aware that the actions of a 12 year old define what is right or wrong about a country.

It's funny how a person with an agenda can magically make any single thing support that agenda. That's what we have here among these threads- anti gun advocates. Even feminism has breached on this particular event, all because the victim was a girl.

They point to a much deeper problem.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Its fine to teach them safety, but children should not have access to guns at such an early age. It often ends quite badly.

No it doesn't.
A handful of cases does not stack up to being something that happens 'often' among a population of well over 300 million people.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you own guns do not not teach your child anything about them, as the least "don't touch my guns", then their accidental discharge of your firearms is on your head. Parents are always responsible for their children. This "it is the kids fault not the parents" is a stupid response.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, if someone (either you or the OP) would tell us what that deeper problem is, then we can discuss it.

I'm sure the "deeper problem" will be put on trial along with the kid and his father, and we can finally get the whole thing resolved. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's why they need parents to guide them at that stage in their life. Those who don't are doing a disservice to their children and everyone else, which is why they are ultimately responsible for the actions of their children.
Part of "guide(ing) them at that stage in their life", to me, includes keeping firearms locked safely away when the parent isn't around to supervise.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kids are exponentially more likely to make poor choices.
Than ...... what exactly?

Than today's adults? Than kids of 50 years ago? than adults of 50 years ago?

If you are going to make a comparison tell us what you are comparing it to.

Upvote 0