Everywhere
✟50,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
feelings? coming out of the closet? no no no.

I don't think so.

They have to be explained that they are a male or that they are a female. They have to be taught that a every man should have one woman and that every woman should have one man. If this is a child, they have to be taught.

What ever happened to teaching kids the birds and the bees?

here is something you parents can do to teach your kids the truth. Don't even allow a lie to rest in their soul, its only a bad seed. I don't think you guys get it, the truth that is.

Take them out to the country. Show them the cattle and the horses. Show them that this is how god made the world. You can observe that the males only go to the females. the males will not go to males to mate, it's not natural. Some of you may say that its been done in captivity, well.. that's not natural is it?

:preach:

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
You are quoting from Protestant Bibles ? Well, that explains it.

Righteous;
1. moral, just, or virtuous
2. morally justifiable or right

You are thinking of a different term and using bad translations to support it.

The least you could do is quote the verses you are copying and pasting. You know what they say about the quoting the Bible and the devil ? This is exactly why Catholics are not fundamentalists.

I am not a Bible scholar but from my research, the NASB "New American Standard Bible" is considered to be one of the most literal that was actually translated from the earliest Manuscripts . It was written to reflect what the transcripts say not what others thought they said.

Romans 3:10
10as it is written,
"(S)THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;

Any more red herrings ?

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟590,115.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens

I don't think so.

They have to be explained that they are a male or that they are a female. They have to be taught that a every man should have one woman and that every woman should have one man. If this is a child, they have to be taught.

here is something you parents can do to teach your kids the truth. Don't even allow a lie to rest in their soul, its only a bad seed. I don't think you guys get it, the truth that is.

Take them out to the country. Show them the cattle and the horses. Show them that this is how god made the world. You can observe that the males only go to the females. the males will not go to males to mate, it's not natural. Some of you may say that its been done in captivity, well.. that's not natural is it?

Just as an aside to this, you are aware that Bonobo Chimps in the wild are quite happily both bisexual and homosexual in nature?

Upvote 0
E

ElviraRio

Just as an aside to this, you are aware that Bonobo Chimps in the wild are quite happily both bisexual and homosexual in nature?
I am sure they are also quite comfortable throwing their dung at eachother, doesn't mean it's okay for humans to mimmick this behavior. I am not sure why stone thinks human sexuality and animal sexuality are comparable, but it's laughable.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So, whats the difference between that nature and human nature?

Supposing that nature is nature, what causes the difference in human behavior?

Rather easy to be an animal I would think. Zoo's are full of them.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others

I don't think so.

I've heard gay guys say that they knew they were different in grade school. Would you support teaching kids about sex in 1st-5th grade?

I don't think that's reliable advice. I've seen female cows mount and attempt to copulate with other female cows. I've seen female dogs mount other female dogs. Regardless of where it takes place, it's inherent homosexual behavior. Noone taught those animals homosexuality. And almost all cows in the United States are in "captivity," i.e. domesticated, so blaming "captivity" for homosexuality in cows doesn't fly. And all dogs are, by selection, domesticated, so there's no way they couldn't be products of "captivity."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟50,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've heard gay guys say that they knew they were different in grade school. Would you support teaching kids about sex in 1st-5th grade?
I don't think that's reliable advice. I've seen female cows mount and attempt to copulate with other female cows. I've seen female dogs mount other female dogs. Regardless of where it takes place, it's inherent homosexual behavior. Noone taught those animals homosexuality. And almost all cows in the United States are in "captivity," i.e. domesticated, so blaming "captivity" for homosexuality in cows doesn't fly. And all dogs are, by selection, domesticated, so there's no way they couldn't be products of "captivity."

It's the parents that should be teaching these kids. The parents aren't going to say to their kids, "oh and by the way, there is a rare case of female cows.. blah blah blah.

Rather than using energy to find loopholes in how God created the world to justify the sins of men, perhaps you should just teach rightousness. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is interesting from a post a while back in DoH:

OK, here are my thoughts, and they are based on a Dutch doctor that has had a private psychotherapeutic practice since 1963.

At a young age, boys that develop same sex desires typically viewed themselves negatively when comparing themselves to peers as they were growing up. These boys begin to greatly admire, even idolize, those males they see as being "real men". This trait is more prevelant than any other trait of homosexual men - that when they were growing up, they viewed themselves as less than their peers.

Studies now show that it wasnt the abusive father or sexual abuse or feminine characteristics that "make" a person have same sex desires - it's how you viewed yourself in comparison to peers. (It just so happens that boys that are abused by fathers, or sexually abused, or feminine acting, or with more sensitive feelings, tend to feel this way about themselves compared to peers more than most boys.)

However, it's not just the perception of oneself when you are growing up - it's also how you handle that perception. People handle their perception of themselves differently. For instance, my father-in-law is insecure, but he handles his insecurities by "being better than everyone else", and "never being wrong" (even when he is), and putting others down to make himself look better. In other words, a false cockiness. If you handle it by greatly admiring and idolizing your peer males you wish you were like, you develop same sex attractions.

As adults, gay men can become very self-assured and confident - but it doesnt matter how you feel and think about yourself as an adult; what causes same sex desires is how you compared yourself to peers growing up.

Think about your own life. When you were entering puberty, how did you view yourself in comparison to your peers? I know how I felt. I'm genuinely curious, how did you view yourself in relation to your peers growing up?

My take:
First, I completely agree that in many cases an inferiority complex, as you state, is probably a major root cause behind many developing a confused sexual orientation. Not the only cause, but a main one.

Second, that is one of the scarriest and most horrible causes for homosexuality I have ever read.

Let me explain why I feel that way:

A person who feels inferior to another is going to deveope certain very uncharitable and resentful feelings towards others that include hate, jealousy, and revenge.

There is no way that one can feel inferior to their peers without a major sense of resentment: everyone is better than you are, no matter what.

I do not know how this would translate into a homosexual desire or orientation unless the goal is to dominate or to take something from another that one feels they can never obtain on their own.

Also, in no way, if this is the reason that a person becomes a homosexual=

negative self esteem = inferiority complex = resentment +envy + revenge = homosexual orientation = NORMAL esteemed adult.

There is just no way. I truely pray for the peace of those with such afflictions.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
It's the parents that should be teaching these kids. The parents aren't going to say to their kids, "oh and by the way, there is a rare case of female cows.. blah blah blah.

Rather than using energy to find loopholes in how God created the world to justify the sins of men, perhaps you should just teach rightousness. :thumbsup:
Nope, I'm not trying to justify the sins of men. I just find analogies to be horrendously unreliable, and I think finding practical reasoning and examples to be incredibly unreliable as well. They look good on paper, but they're ultimately unreliable, because once an exception to the rule is presented, the practical reasoning is lost, and if you've based your argument on that practical reasoning, why should your opponent believe you any more? See, it takes a lot of data to support an absolute idea, but only one exception to disprove it. I'd rather just stick to the theological, philosophical or spiritual.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd rather just stick to the theological, philosophical or spiritual.

But there are exceptions in those too. A glaring one would be that we are all born with concupiscence and have something of nature to die to. ;)

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
But there are exceptions in those too. A glaring one would be that we are all born with concupiscence and have something of nature to die to. ;)
Meh. I just don't like analogies. There are no good analogies, in my opinion. Then again, you can't really have many conversations without using a few. I still hate them though.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meh. I just don't like analogies. There are no good analogies, in my opinion. Then again, you can't really have many conversations without using a few. I still hate them though.

What about mataphors? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stone

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟50,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope, I'm not trying to justify the sins of men. I just find analogies to be horrendously unreliable, and I think finding practical reasoning and examples to be incredibly unreliable as well. They look good on paper, but they're ultimately unreliable, because once an exception to the rule is presented, the practical reasoning is lost, and if you've based your argument on that practical reasoning, why should your opponent believe you any more? See, it takes a lot of data to support an absolute idea, but only one exception to disprove it. I'd rather just stick to the theological, philosophical or spiritual.

We're talking about teaching children right from wrong, not instructing a college class room.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
This boy was killed for dressing like a girl and the parents blame the school for his death because they let him dress like a girl:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26218530

If the boy is not allowed to dress like a girl, the school gets it for violating his rights.

If the boy dresses like a girl and gets killed, the school gets it for not being responsible.

Here is a novel idea, the parents bear some of the responsibilty for allowing their child to do this. They had the right to not allow their 15 year old to dress like a girl.

Another idea is for the parents to blame the person who actually murdered their son instead of the institution that has deep pockets.

[/b]

Anyone with a 15 year old will know that the way they dress is no longer under the control of their parents. Teenagers use their apprearance as a way to express who they are, and they are entitled to do so without being murdered, whatever they wear.

The responsibility for this crime is with the person who committed it, who is a murderer. And the wider responsibility is with all of us to ensure that our own personal insecurities do not turn into hatred towards anyone, and that tolerance is much more widely disseminated among our young people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.