Senior Contributor
Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
✟48,256.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I may take a hard ball approach to homosexuality, but that's just how i am. I never, not for a second ever believe that anyone that is a victim of violance aimed towards those that are gay, feel that its necessary or that it's good for them to get what they deserve, attitude's.

Back when i was in eigth grade, my best friend, who was a year older, and a grade behind me, decided he was gonna dress up like a girl on Halloween. I thought he was losing it. You see, he had two big brothers that were "gay". The middle brother later became gay after the bigger brother had been. Well, my friend that dressed up like a girl... well, he had all the guys envious of him that day. I thought everyone was gonna tease him and make fun of him, which of couse some of us couldn't resist, but it wasn't harsh, just guys horseing around. So that day at school, i couldn't believe it, all day long he had lots of girls following him around talking, laughing and having a good time. Us guys couldn't believe it. I can say that none of us guys ever tried that bit of dressing up like a girl to meet girls... lol

Today that old friend is dead, he was sober riding passenger of a driver that was under the influence of cocaine. His two older brothers today, are straight, married and have children.

Do i believe that gay is a natural trait born into humans.. not for a half a second. Today it appears to be the "in thing".

I believe that some guy that is gay today, could be a very important person in someone's life tomorrow. Violence should never be used against them. I guess all we can do is keep praying for them.

I just remembered, today he would have a son, if it hadn't been aborted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Where are the "blessed and beloved?"

Where are those who should be able to see through, see past, reach out....?

Why are we so indoctrinated to reject the pierced, tattoed, and gender benders?

......we can't get to heaven with clean hands, boys and girls..... fishing is a messy business....bait stinks, fish stink, cleaning process stinks,,, but end result is delicious...

In order to be fishers of men, we need to get dirty....we need to listen, comfort, intercede, confide, confess....assist, edify, and be moved with compassion ...

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Where are the "blessed and beloved?"

Where are those who should be able to see through, see past, reach out....?

Why are we so indoctrinated to reject the pierced, tattoed, and gender benders?

......we can't get to heaven with clean hands, boys and girls..... fishing is a messy business....bait stinks, fish stink, cleaning process stinks,,, but end result is delicious...

In order to be fishers of men, we need to get dirty....we need to listen, comfort, intercede, confide, confess....assist, edify, and be moved with compassion ...
http://www.wondericons.com/eyes/myspace_eyes_icons_15.shtml

In revelations chapter 2, Jesus praised the Church of Ephesus for not tolerating wicked men and here we see Paul’s urging:
As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer (1 Tim 1-3).

Jesus told his followers to follow the narrow and Paul tells us not to associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but who is sexually immoral.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Violence should never be used against them. I guess all we can do is keep praying for them.
Everybody agrees. Even sociopaths don't deserve capital punishment even with the luxury of a trial, it is not recommended by Catholic teaching.

It is a little vexing that you feel yourself in the position where you have to state the obvious.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
I may take a hard ball approach to homosexuality, but that's just how i am. I never, not for a second ever believe that anyone that is a victim of violance aimed towards those that are gay, feel that its necessary or that it's good for them to get what they deserve, attitude's.

Back when i was in eigth grade, my best friend, who was a year older, and a grade behind me, decided he was gonna dress up like a girl on Halloween. I thought he was losing it. You see, he had two big brothers that were "gay". The middle brother later became gay after the bigger brother had been. Well, my friend that dressed up like a girl... well, he had all the guys envious of him that day. I thought everyone was gonna tease him and make fun of him, which of couse some of us couldn't resist, but it wasn't harsh, just guys horseing around. So that day at school, i couldn't believe it, all day long he had lots of girls following him around talking, laughing and having a good time. Us guys couldn't believe it. I can say that none of us guys ever tried that bit of dressing up like a girl to meet girls... lol

Today that old friend is dead, he was sober riding passenger of a driver that was under the influence of cocaine. His two older brothers today, are straight, married and have children.

Do i believe that gay is a natural trait born into humans.. not for a half a second. Today it appears to be the "in thing".

I believe that some guy that is gay today, could be a very important person in someone's life tomorrow. Violence should never be used against them. I guess all we can do is keep praying for them.

I just remembered, today he would have a son, if it hadn't been aborted.

Gay guys aren't very important people in other's lives today?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Gay guys aren't very important people in other's lives today
I think that they are important enough to not send them dressed up as a chicks into a high school.

It's like sending Christians to the lions wasn't a bad enough way to be entertained.
But dressing them up as lamb chops would have just be overkill, imho.

But hey what do I know? I am fifty and was raised in a time when most boys had fathers. Now that most kids are being raised by their single moms, maybe high schools are way more nurturing environments than they were back in the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
In revelations chapter 2, Jesus praised the Church of Ephesus for not tolerating wicked men and here we see Paul’s urging:
As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer (1 Tim 1-3).

Jesus told his followers to follow the narrow and Paul tells us not to associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but who is sexually immoral.

Haters of men are those that insinuate that gays deserve to be beaten to death. haters of men are those that judge the disenfranchised of society. haters of men are those that are full of false righteousness and make excuses for murders and thieves. God will judge these types more harshly then those who were unaware of their spiritual poverty.

The funny thing is, that I have spoken to prostitutes, drug addicts and many a drunk. The thing that always struck me , was that they were aware of their spiritual poverty, even if they could not fully identify that with Christ Jesus. The opposite of that is true with some of the so called Christians that I encounter. They mask their thinly veiled hate with a supposed righteousness. Again I will say GET Right with God !

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Haters of men ?

I am really sorry if the fact that I am a straight male Christian who works 60 hours a week, owns a home, and feeds a family makes me a hater of men simply because I do not lead an immoral intrinsically evil. lifestyle. I need to be a skid row drug addict pimp to find salvation ?

You join the crowd of folks around here always attacking me for my righteousness and calling me a hypocrate for simply stating what the Church teaches. Yet when I ask you folks to define my sins all I get is silence in return.

Please tell me what my sins are.

Please quote me, as I have asked you before where I said anyone deserved to die. The fact is you cannot because what I stated is that leading an immoral lifestyle (ie doing drugs and turning tricks and leaving with strangers in bars for sex) has consequences. You play and you pay.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Haters of men ?

I am really sorry if the fact that I am a straight male Christian who works 60 hours a week, owns a home, and feeds a family makes me a hater of men simply because I do not lead an immoral intrinsically evil. lifestyle. I need to be a skid row drug addict pimp to find salvation ?

You join the crowd of folks around here always attacking me for my righteousness and calling me a hypocrate for simply stating what the Church teaches. Yet when I ask you folks to define my sins all I get is silence in return.

Please quote me, as I have asked you before where I said anyone deserved to die. The fact is you cannot because what I stated is that leading an immoral lifestyle (ie doing drugs and turning tricks and leaving with strangers in bars for sex) has consequences. You play and you pay.

Your quote :
You join the crowd of folks around here always attacking me for my righteousness

Scripture quote :
as it is written:
‘There is no one who is righteous, not even one

Do you see my point ? He was speaking of You, me and all of us. None of us are righteous .

since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; 24they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 2

You are no more righteous than Matthew Shepard.

there is no one who has understanding,
there is no one who seeks God.
12All have turned aside, together they have become worthless;
there is no one who shows kindness,
there is not even one.’
13‘Their throats are opened graves;
they use their tongues to deceive.’
‘The venom of vipers is under their lips.’
14 ‘Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.’
15‘Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery are in their paths,
17and the way of peace they have not known.’
18 ‘There is no fear of God before their eyes.’

since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; 24they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 2

I would recommend you read Corinthians 13 in its entirety

If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast,* but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Scripture quote :
as it is written:
‘There is no one who is righteous, not even one

My Duay-Rheims does not have the word "righteous" in the entire New Testament. So, perhaps you can help me by providing the source you are quoting from and which version of the Bible you are using ?

Here is a quote from Duay Rheims from the OT though:

The heart of the wicked seeketh after evils, but the righteous heart seeketh after knowledge. Isiah 44:2 DR

What was Mathew Shepherd seeking after when he was killed ? He was seeking gay sex, offering two men he picked up in a bar drugs for sex.

Yes, I am more righteous than Mathew Shepherd was, unless you can inform me what my sins are ?

I would recommend you read God's Commandments and the words of Our Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
You need to start reading your scripture. Read Romans on Righteousness and then Corinthians on LOVE.

International Standard Version (©2008)
As it is written, "Not even one person is righteous.New American Standard Bible (©1995)
as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
as Scripture says, "Not one person has God's approval.
King James Bible
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
American King James Version
American Standard Version
as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one;
Bible in Basic English
As it is said in the holy Writings, There is not one who does righteousness;
Douay-Rheims Bible
As it is written: There is not any man just.
Darby Bible Translation
according as it is written, There is not a righteous man, not even one;
English Revised Version
as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one;
Webster's Bible Translation
Weymouth New Testament
Thus it stands written, "There is not one righteous man.
World English Bible
As it is written, "There is no one righteous; no, not one.
Young's Literal Translation
according as it hath been written -- 'There is none righteous, not even one;

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You need to start reading your scripture. Read Romans on Righteousness and then Corinthians on LOVE.

You are quoting from Protestant Bibles ? Well, that explains it.

Righteous;
1. moral, just, or virtuous
2. morally justifiable or right

You are thinking of a different term and using bad translations to support it.

Douay-Rheims Bible
As it is written: There is not any man just.

And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting. Mathew 25:46 DR

The least you could do is quote the verses you are copying and pasting. You know what they say about the quoting the Bible and the devil ? This is exactly why Catholics are not fundamentalists.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Haters of men ?

That woman caught in adultery was lucky you weren't alive at the time.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This murder happened in my area.

There is a dead child. That's all that matters.

True, I pray the boy who died is not in hell. Hopefully his culpability will be lessened since he is younger and maybe his parents the the school didn't teach him correct biblical morals. California is a bastion for things like this and the schools are horrible and not monitering things like this. Another reason why we need to remove children from the public school system.

Dosen't mean it gives you a license to still sin. Repentence involves an actual turning away from sins. If you keep sinning presumptiously after confessing in Christ you truely aren't trying to live for God and are spitting in his face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
True, I pray the boy who died is not in hell. Hopefully his culpability will be lessened since he is younger and maybe his parents the the school didn't teach him correct biblical morals. California is a bastion for things like this and the schools are horrible and not monitering things like this. Another reason why we need to remove children from the public school system.

Dosen't mean it gives you a license to still sin. Repentence involves an actual turning away from sins. If you keep sinning presumptiously after confessing in Christ you truely aren't trying to live for God and are spitting in his face.

Exactly, we call that being in a state of perpetual sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stone

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
✟48,256.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Everybody agrees. Even sociopaths don't deserve capital punishment even with the luxury of a trial, it is not recommended by Catholic teaching.

It is a little vexing that you feel yourself in the position where you have to state the obvious.

Sounds like a personal problem. Isn't the obvious stated everytime someone debates with scripture?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟425,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
School isnt the place to experiment with disordered desires.
Kids can be cruel...

IMHO - which doesnt amount to too much. I think kids need to be taught prudence especially when getting thru school.

I knew a kid who wanted to 'go out with me' in HS and i knew the reason but didnt say anything. He wanted to look like he was straight.

I didnt do it because i had a b/f... but he didnt feel like he could be honest with me, or anyone else except his best friend [my g/f] but at least he waited til he was out of school before he came out of the closet.
I dont think kids are very yielding and it is what it is. Which is to say - thats the way kids are and we arent going to change this period of their devolpment just because it isnt pc.

IMHO the VP should have taught him to keep this to himself until he was out of school.

Yes, the kid who did the actual crime is at fault, even with mitigating circumstances. And i dont think a 14 year old should be tried as an adult if he felt pressured or 'dirty' from the advances from another student.

Had he been able to confide in adults in what he was feeling instead of being told his feelings were moot OR even unacceptable in the society today - he may not have felt cornered.

IF homosexuals are being told they should not feel badly for their desires and live them out - then surely hetero's who naturally and instinctly feel a repulsion should also be given the same freedom to 'feel' what they feel instead of being marked as a phobe.
Their feelings are just as real and just as important.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.