Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The difference is that the idea of "contemporary worship" does not assume that there is anything wrong with "liturgical worship." Most people with a preference for a contemporary corporate worship style do not believe that their preference is the only valid one. However, to say that contemporary worship is not really worship or that the liturgy is the only valid way to worship God is directly hostile to those who worship differently than you. Nobody here is saying that a liturgical style of corporate worship is not acceptable; if we were than your comparison would be appropriate.

I am still curious. Is this based on Bible or tradition? If it is a Biblical position, please explain using specific examples from Scripture.

The very center of CHRISTIAN WORSHIP has always been (from the very beginning) The Holy Eucharist. It's what Christ taught the Apostles and what they taught us.

We do not have the right to make such a change.

Christianity DOES NOT change. Neither does the worship her Church teaches with.

Why are we so ignorant? Because we do not attend the liturgy.

"Go and teach all nations" included more that what you can read in the bible.

We need the Liturgy, it was provided to us by GOD ALMIGHTY!

The Liturgy of St. James and the Liturgy of St. Mark, are not contemporary.

Are they just to be thrown away?

We do not have that right... indeed we are biblically obligated to keep them.

2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Forgive me...

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
D

dies-l

The very center of CHRISTIAN WORSHIP has always been (from the very beginning) The Holy Eucharist. It's what Christ taught the Apostles and what they taught us.

We do not have the right to make such a change.

Christianity DOES NOT change. Neither does the worship her Church teaches with.

Why are we so ignorant? Because we do not attend the liturgy.

"Go and teach all nations" included more that what you can read in the bible.

We need the Liturgy, it was provided to us by GOD ALMIGHTY!

The Liturgy of St. James and the Liturgy of St. Mark, are not contemporary.

Are they just to be thrown away?

We do not have that right... indeed we are biblically obligated to keep them.

2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Forgive me...

I am, to a considerable extent, beginning to understand why you feel the way you do. Nonetheless, I disagree with the notion that there is one "right" way to worship God. As I said before, I believe that worship is the direction of one's devotion to God. Worship is not defined by the means by which we do that, but rather by the fact that we are doing so. I do thank you for the explanations that you have provided both here and via PM.

Grace and Peace in Christ.

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely worship is hearing God and obeying Him, both individually and corporately, giving Him thanks and praise.
So, although I think the Eucharist is important, I do believe that people can get together in a 'service' and worship God without the Eucharist necessarilly.
For that matter, what exactly is a service - why is it so called? One sometimes gets so used to using words like that, one doesn't consider what they actually mean.

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
catholikon_interior_vatopedi.jpg

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well that's it then....everyone but Catholics and EO and Anglicas and many Lutherans aren't a church according to one here due to the lack of "Eucharist".

Yeah go figure they keep reinacting the sacrifice of the cross and others acknowledge the day the atoning work of the cross became reality and look forward to the feast...But we aren't really worshiping.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you get right down to it without the Eucharist it's not proper worship and a church that does not serve it is not a church at all.

Well that's it then....everyone but Catholics and EO and Anglicas and many Lutherans aren't a church according to one here due to the lack of "Eucharist".

Yeah go figure they keep reinacting the sacrifice of the cross and others acknowledge the day the atoning work of the cross became reality and look forward to the feast...But we aren't really worshiping.

Not a true and proper sacrifice, let him be anathema.

They do, however, suspect that those without the Eucharist still worship the God of Abraham.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is some Church picture Sphinx777.

But then there is the Church.

Col. 1:18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

That confusion of what the Church is was, is, and will be a problem.

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
True...but I wonder if He had to sit through any boring school lessons, dellivered by boring teachers, for example. i wonder if being bored IS actually a result of our sinfulness, or if we get bored because of the geberal fallenness of everything - I mean, nothing is ideal

Good question I really don't know. I think sometimes it maybe due to our sinfulness, other times maybe it's due to the sinfulness of others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I told you I would offend you eventually.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0