California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
In the book of Enoch, the year was on a 360 cycle. Since the flood, it has been on a 365 cycle. If is due to a cataclysmic asteroid of horrendous impact, large enough to change the earth's rotation around the planet, then that would explain both the theory of science and the asteriod impact, and the 360 cycle Enoch lived under.

That would assume that the flood somehow had an impact on the movement of the sun, moon and the stars. Without exhausting all of the biblical passages concerning the movement of the sun and the earth being stationary I will only cite the two most famous passages: 1) The battle of Joshua and 2) The sundial of king Ahaz. In both passages we see that the sun is moving and not the earth. And at the end of both stories we are given no indication of the times changing for man from God. One would expect that if such a drastic change occured that this would have been to by God to Noah after the flood. The rest are assumptions from man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
In the book of Enoch, the year was on a 360 cycle. Since the flood, it has been on a 365 cycle. If is due to a cataclysmic asteroid of horrendous impact, large enough to change the earth's rotation around the planet, then that would explain both the theory of science and the asteriod impact, and the 360 cycle Enoch lived under.

As Brian Morton said:

"The world, the human world, is bound together not by protons and electrons, but by stories."

Where in the Bible are we told of the story of this cataclysmic event of an asteroid hitting the earth? And why have so-called scientists failed again and again to provide us with a real picture of earth that was not found to be a photshopped image? And where is the evidence showing the place of impact of this supposed asteroid?

I love having discussions about the Bible but, I have been lied to as a child concerning many things about the Bible within (inside) and without (oustide) church; and, I refuse to be lied to and lie to others like that ever again. Especially now that I have my own son and daughter who remind me of my own childhood. Looking into their precious eyes and watching them laugh and smile makes me think of all the kids that are laughing and smiling like them being lied to like I was. Having my own children really makes me understand and appreciate what Jesus said about children:

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, 'Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?' And Jesus called a little child unto Him, and set Him in the midst of them, and said, 'Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in My Name receiveth Me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in Me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

(Matthew 18:1-6)

I am comforted by these words to know that Jesus shares and understands what I feel as a parent for my children and what people feel in general who love children as Jesus loves them. After Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden of Eden we find that those who guard the entrance of the garden are called cherubim and have with them a flaming sword that turns in every direction. 'Cherubim' is a Hebrew word literally meaning, 'one who is innocent like a child'. We can conclude then that only those who are innocent like children can enter into the garden of Eden for its entrance is guarded by those who have become innocent like children; and, if any venture to harm one of these children of God they will be met by the Word of God which will cut them down and burn them up.

So I will kindly ask you dear sister to back up your facts with a story that lines up with the facts and stories given in the Bible to further support your argument. And please do not take my strong stance as a personal attack against you. I am simply carrying out my duties as a soldier for God by making sure that I have His Armor on to protect myself from harm at all times, and to be ready in season and out of season through studying His Word in order to show myself approved unto Him, and to test the spirits to see if they are spirits of truth or spirits of falsehood. I have a strong love for God and wish to unite with my fellow brothers and sisters of Christ/Messiah in love as our battle is not flesh and blood but against evil spirits in the world.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
That would assume that the flood somehow had an impact on the movement of the sun, moon and the stars. Without exhausting all of the biblical passages concerning the movement of the sun and the earth being stationary I will only cite the two most famous passages: 1) The battle of Joshua and 2) The sundial of king Ahaz. In both passages we see that the sun is moving and not the earth. And at the end of both stories we are given no indication of the times changing for man from God. One would expect that if such a drastic change occured that this would have been to by God to Noah after the flood. The rest are assumptions from man.
No.. what I was suggesting was the impact of the asteroid that moved the earth out of its original orbit 360 cycle to the now current 365 cycle.

Regarding the sun standing still, there has been several suggestions on how that could have happened too. One suggested it was the earth's spin was slowed down enough to get the job done.

There is evidence that there was a long day recorded in ancient records around the world. In the ancient Chinese writings, in the records of the Incas of Peru and the Aztecs of Mexico, and it is also found in the Babylonian and Persian legends of a long day. Herodotus, an ancient historian, recounts that while in Egypt, priest showed him their temple records, and that he read of a day which was twice the natural length of any day that had ever been recorded (Robert Boyd, Boyds Bible Handbook, pp. 122,123).

Verse 13 states that the sun "did not hasten to go down for about a whole day" (NASB). The words "did not hasten" seem to point to a retardation of the movement so that the rotation required forty-eight hours rather than the usual twenty-four (Gleason Archer, Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 1982, p. 161). https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_625.cfm

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No.. what I was suggesting was the impact of the asteroid that moved the earth out of its original orbit 360 cycle to the now current 365 cycle.

Regarding the sun standing still, there has been several suggestions on how that could have happened too. One suggested it was the earth's spin was slowed down enough to get the job done.

There is evidence that there was a long day recorded in ancient records around the world. In the ancient Chinese writings, in the records of the Incas of Peru and the Aztecs of Mexico, and it is also found in the Babylonian and Persian legends of a long day. Herodotus, an ancient historian, recounts that while in Egypt, priest showed him their temple records, and that he read of a day which was twice the natural length of any day that had ever been recorded (Robert Boyd, Boyds Bible Handbook, pp. 122,123).

Verse 13 states that the sun "did not hasten to go down for about a whole day" (NASB). The words "did not hasten" seem to point to a retardation of the movement so that the rotation required forty-eight hours rather than the usual twenty-four (Gleason Archer, Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 1982, p. 161). https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_625.cfm

Now you've contradicted yourself: the heliocentric view holds that the sun is at rest and DOES NOT MOVE. You like others who attempt to hold onto the Bible which gives us a geocentric model which is the Word of God (The Creator) and the heliocentric model given to us by a man (God's creation) make God to sound like an idiot: for if the earth was in motion and the sun at rest during the battle of Joshua why did God command the sun--He supposedly created to be at rest--to be still:

"Then spake Joshua to the YHWH in the day when the YHWH in the day when the YHWH delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, 'Sun thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the peoplehad avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the YHWH hearkened unto thee voice of a man: for the YHWH fought for Israel."
(Joshua 10:12-14)

The Bible makes it very clear that the sun and moon stood still there is not that it 'seems' to point to them stopping. Not to mention this account from Joshua DOES NOT mention any asteroid impact, nor does the sundial of king Ahaz, nor any of the stories post flood. You still have not answered why God did not tell Noah that the year changed from 364 Days to 365 Days in a year. 1 Enoch and Jubilees makes it crystal clear that there are fifty-two weeks of three hundred and sixty four days in a year...not to mention that:

52 Weeks x 7 Days = 364 Days

...you will never get any days more or less than this unless you arithmetic is poor...and a 365 Day calendar will never fit into a 364 Day calendar and vice-versa, as the latter is one day lesser than 365 and the former is one day greater than 364...good luck trying to convince a child in elementary of that one...Jesus was right when He said that a man cannot serve two masters just as man cannot hold onto truth and falsehood as both true; and just as light has no relation darkness (Matthew 6:24, Luke 16:13).

By the way: have you ever wondered how one was able to film Hiroshima being hit by the atomic bomb without there camera exploding?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I wonder if I was not clear .. Book of Enoch is 360 day cycle. 364 is 365 [leap year] day cycle is what our earth currently works under. True, I didn't give the exact day, minute, second on the earth's cycle but I thought that was a given.

Regarding the issue of the earth or sun standing still, that is a matter of perspective. Either can work. The view Joshua had was that the sun stood still. It satisfied his request whether the sun or earth did the standing still until the battle was one. All I presented was cited presentations of the earth being the one to slow down its rotation for this to happen. The idea that the earth stopped its rotation completely in order for the sun to appear to have stood still is valid suggestion too.

For the sun to appear to have stood still from Joshua's view point while the earth remained rotating as normal means that the sun would have to spin out of its enormous orbit through the galaxy and do a quick spin around earth. Not likely.

It made more sense to me to have the earth slow its rotation. Not saying that any and all of the above combinations possible are impossible for God. It happened.

Here is an interesting article found in the Washington post on the seemingly stopped movement of stars and even their reversal of movement. Although not directly related to the conversation, might help in the perspective of what really happened that day. https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...y-can-explain-the-biblical-star-of-bethlehem/

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if I was not clear .. Book of Enoch is 360 day cycle. 364 is 365 [leap year] day cycle is what our earth currently works under. True, I didn't give the exact day, minute, second on the earth's cycle but I thought that was a given.

Regarding the issue of the earth or sun standing still, that is a matter of perspective. Either can work. The view Joshua had was that the sun stood still. It satisfied his request whether the sun or earth did the standing still until the battle was one. All I presented was cited presentations of the earth being the one to slow down its rotation for this to happen. The idea that the earth stopped its rotation completely in order for the sun to appear to have stood still is valid suggestion too.

For the sun to appear to have stood still from Joshua's view point while the earth remained rotating as normal means that the sun would have to spin out of its enormous orbit through the galaxy and do a quick spin around earth. Not likely.

It made more sense to me to have the earth slow its rotation. Not saying that any and all of the above combinations possible are impossible for God. It happened.

Here is an interesting article found in the Washington post on the seemingly stopped movement of stars and even their reversal of movement. Although not directly related to the conversation, might help in the perspective of what really happened that day. https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...y-can-explain-the-biblical-star-of-bethlehem/

You were not clear and apparently ignored the fact that 1 Enoch does not mention any leap year, as a matter of fact the only intercalary days are those that are inserted at the end of the third, sixth, ninth, and twelfth months.

Please don't give me the poor argument of perspective: people will never argue the truth because it will always remain true, but people will always argue over their perspective of the truth until their vision has been corrected. What your forked argument suggests is that God left it up to us to decide on whether or not His creations did what He told us they did.

So let's say I am the earth and you're the sun and we have three people watching us. Now I start to run circles around you: you're telling me that the audience at rest can say that you--the sun--are moving while I--the earth--am at rest? Sorry your argument of perspective fails. But just to be sure this is not just some freak of nature failed experiment let's test your perspective argument again. Now I have in my hand a rock--an asteroid--and I throw it at your face--the sun--which is at rest: is the rock at rest or your face? Looks like your perspective argument fails again. I wonder what would happen if I stood still in front of a moving train...maybe my perspective will save me if I just view me as moving and the train at rest, then the train will not run me over and kill me...nah, that's dumb because I just saw someone do that and die the other day.

Oh and last time I checked about what is taught in school if the--supposed moving--earth stopped moving, is that everything would be ripped off of the face of the earth and we'd be flung into space. You remember that false teaching right that we pretend to be the sun and hold a ball with a string and spin and that if the gravity of the sun did not hold the earth in place that we'd just fly into the infinite space and eventually die from freezing without the heat of the sun? Wouldn't that experiment prove that the Sun has to be in motion to spin the earth around it? Unfortunately I'm not accepting those lies anymore as scientists have not been to the center of the earth, dove to the bottom of the sea, nor reached the end of the heavens: therefore they are no authority on God's creation and cannot explain it without His aid of explaining it all completely beforehand. Sorry sister either you accept what God says about His creation and let go of man's false teachings or let go of what God has to say about His creations and accept man's teachings. God's calendar given in Jubilees and 1 Enoch are perfect because their descriptions of the heavenly bodies and their mathematical formulas match with what we can observe whereas man's description and mathematical formulas constantly fail to match up with what we can observe and as a consequence have to be adjusted. In history everyone was in agreement that our universe was geocentric and the earth was in an enclosed dome as described in Genesis but then the ruling authority of men said that it was heliocentric and that the earth is a sphere...then now we are being told that the earth is not a sphere anymore but more of a pear shape...and in both cases no real picture of the earth has been used by NASA...and the footage we have of the earth shows it as a plane...oh but let's not forget the embarrasing media coverage Red Bull received for being caught using a fish eye lense to show the "curve" of the earth...all of our present footage shows that the earth is not moving...and I as others have flown on planes and never observed the earth moving...and let's not forget that these same scientists of Satan also tell us that we came into existence from the Big Bang without being able to recreate that event with the Little Bang...let me know when you want to see whether or not I throw a rock at your face and see if it does not hit you...tell me when your perspective stops the rock from moving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

The aritcle you cited completely ignores the fact that the birth time of Jesus is nowhere mentioned. And the article operates under the false assumption that December 25th was the day Jesus was born simply based off of the tradition of men. And the Bible clearly tells us not to dismay, literally to, 'negate the possibility' of signs of the heavens having power--which the writer in the article did in his dismay at the possibility of the wise men being guided by a star in heaven--and, openly refutes Christmas through the prophet Jeremiah (Jeremiah 10:1-5).

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hello visionary - I Have read through the comments after your first (the one I am responding to), and I would like to submit a comment on a different tack:

If one is a student of the prophets of YHWH, one will very quickly come to the realization that YHWH is still using a 360 day year calendar, even as he always has. Our apparent need to justify YHWH's calendar comes largely from within a sort of normalcy bias... The Roman system we use supposes to be more efficient - more scientifically accurate... And in that YHWH's calendar seems to need to be explained, as it is is declared to be primitive by comparison.

I would differ with that. I think it has always been the same and that we are simply distracted from the truth... made to look the other way... Pretty well the signature move of our adversary.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Oh boy, flat earth conspiracy.

I never made a flat earth or globe claim as the Bible is only clear on the earth being shaped as a circle which is built on an immovable foundation with a beginning and end point. As far as I know only the one who made the heavens and the earth can tell you about them truthfully and accurately; and, those who did not create the heavens and the earth are dependent upon their Creator to explain to them the truth of the matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hello visionary - I Have read through the comments after your first (the one I am responding to), and I would like to submit a comment on a different tack:

If one is a student of the prophets of YHWH, one will very quickly come to the realization that YHWH is still using a 360 day year calendar, even as he always has. Our apparent need to justify YHWH's calendar comes largely from within a sort of normalcy bias... The Roman system we use supposes to be more efficient - more scientifically accurate... And in that YHWH's calendar seems to need to be explained, as it is is declared to be primitive by comparison.

I would differ with that. I think it has always been the same and that we are simply distracted from the truth... made to look the other way... Pretty well the signature move of our adversary.

Hey buddy long time no see. Have you been able to foollow my blog? I am going to be starting the calendar portion of it today as I finally finished the fondational part concerning the six days of creation and the seventh day of rest.

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey buddy long time no see. Have you been able to foollow my blog? I am going to be starting the calendar portion of it today as I finally finished the fondational part concerning the six days of creation and the seventh day of rest.

Haven't really been around very much... I get about 3 months of summer here and it is a busy time... I'll get caught up on your blog - Good to see you!

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Birkat hachama.

A tithe to those with oil.

The beginning of wisdom is fear of the YHWH for his Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. Those with oil may at times share their oil but, you must buy your own oil from those in the market lest the wise run out of oil for their own lamps.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The beginning of wisdom is fear of the YHWH for his Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. Those with oil may at times share their oil but, you must buy your own oil from those in the market lest the wise run out of oil for their own lamps.

Yes, I know.

Now count you fingers and you toes and tell me how to bind the strong man

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know.

Now count you fingers and you toes and tell me how to bind the strong man
As it was in the beginning so will it be in the end. Our fingers and toes are one: they represent the Ten Commandments which must be used to bind the hands and feet of the strong man so that one may plunder his house of sin and death.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have heard of a man who thought so highly of his craft that he lost his 2 thumbs and big toes

If you like you and I can discuss the Tabernacle. Or maybe a precession of blessings.
But first I sugest you read all material I have posted in this forum.
A time of Judges can be very difficult to navigate.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of a man who thought so highly of his craft that he lost his 2 thumbs and big toes

If you like you and I can discuss the Tabernacle. Or maybe a precession of blessings.
But first I sugest you read all material I have posted in this forum.
A time of Judges can be very difficult to navigate.

The man is none other than king Adonizedek whose fate was the same as those whose thumbs and big toes were cut off.

The time of judges is indeed difficult as many have done what is right in there own eyes. As the YHWH called Judges to deliver the lost sheep of the House of Israel: so too has He always saved a remnant of seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal. I would love to discuss the Tabernacle and the procession of blessings with you.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As it was in the beginning so will it be in the end. Our fingers and toes are one: they represent the Ten Commandments which must be used to bind the hands and feet of the strong man so that one may plunder his house of sin and death.
If you would like oil just ask

Upvote 0