Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Washington Post's Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on "Morning Joe" today, saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said.
"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Read more: Bob Woodward: Obama's Sequester 'Madness' - Business Insider

While a young reporter for The Washington Post in 1972, Woodward was teamed up with Carl Bernstein; the two did much of the original news reporting on the Watergate scandal. These scandals led to numerous government investigations and the eventual resignation of President Richard Nixon. Gene Roberts, the former executive editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer and former managing editor of The New York Times, has called the work of Woodward and Bernstein "maybe the single greatest reporting effort of all time."[1]
Bob Woodward - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah it's the same Bob Woodward that covered the Nixon Watergate Scandal...

S

Savior2006

The Washington Post's Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on "Morning Joe" today, saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

Garfield, what does the carrier need to go to the Persian Gulf for?

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

Offhand, Iran's threats concerning the Straits of Harmuz (sp?) would be a good reason for starters...

Your thread title is dishonest. You accuse Obama of grandstanding on the issue, but it's the Dept. of Defense, not Obama, talking about budget concerns.

What if Obama had said "to hell with the budget, I'll send the carrier in anyway." Would that still be grandstanding?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said.
"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Read more: Bob Woodward: Obama's Sequester 'Madness' - Business Insider

While a young reporter for The Washington Post in 1972, Woodward was teamed up with Carl Bernstein; the two did much of the original news reporting on the Watergate scandal. These scandals led to numerous government investigations and the eventual resignation of President Richard Nixon. Gene Roberts, the former executive editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer and former managing editor of The New York Times, has called the work of Woodward and Bernstein "maybe the single greatest reporting effort of all time."[1]
Bob Woodward - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah it's the same Bob Woodward that covered the Nixon Watergate Scandal...

H-he has spoken against the Lightworker?! Cast him out! Cast him out! Let his name be stricken from the land!

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your thread title is dishonest. You accuse Obama of grandstanding on the issue, but it's the Dept. of Defense, not Obama, talking about budget concerns.

What if Obama had said "to hell with the budget, I'll send the carrier in anyway." Would that still be grandstanding?

Actually it wouldn't be grandstanding at that point because there is actually a very good reason to have a carrier task force in the area.

In all honesty the military could go pick up their hammers and toilet seats from Menards instead of paying $30 dollars for a hammer, or $300 for a toilet seat...

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
H-he has spoken against the Lightworker?! Cast him out! Cast him out! Let his name be stricken from the land!

Oh, wait, Mr. Libertarian, are you now FOR sending US forces into action?^_^

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

A) I'm not a libertarian.
B) I never said I was for or against anything to do with the middle-east/carrier situation.
C) I am, however, against a president abusing a situation like this to allow things he considers potentially disasterous in an attempt to win the tax hikes he wants. That's not only unreasonable, I'd say it's borderline treasonous.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Last I checked the Staits of Harmuz was international water... Iran trying to blockade it would cause energy prices throughout the world to skyrocket, hence the reason for the aircraft carrier.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Last I checked the Staits of Harmuz was international water... Iran trying to blockade it would cause energy prices throughout the world to skyrocket, hence the reason for the aircraft carrier.

Which leads to what I said: borderline treasonous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

If he ignored the budget they'd try to impeach him over it. They would LOVE to force a situation where the military is underfunded (in a way they can blame on Obama) and then wait for him to either scale things back and blast him for not adequately protecting us, or ignore the budget and blast him for an imperial power grab. The health and safety of the nation is of no concern to them.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If he ignored the budget they'd try to impeach him over it. They would LOVE to force a situation where the military is underfunded (in a way they can blame on Obama) and then wait for him to either scale things back and blast him for not adequately protecting us, or ignore the budget and blast him for an imperial power grab. The health and safety of the nation is of no concern to them.

They have the money to send the carrier task force...

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Really need to turn off Maddow now and then and get outside. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Because Republicans/conservatives nitpicking Obama over every little thing is not the reality? I'm sure I didn't imagine Fox accusing Obama of doing a "terrorist fist jab."

...you do realize that Woodward isn't a conservative, right?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status