Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Friend, let's chill.

When you post something that is controversial and is not held by many, you will be questioned, and asked for scripture to back up what you think.

That is the nature of discussions.

Scripture has been provided throughout this thread. No scripture has been provided to show God does not give warnings in current events regarding His displeasure with people or nations. I want to discuss the historical events and how it LOOKS like God is warning America and the world in those events of His displeasure for ungodly trends and actions. I am not interested in posting the scriptures that show how God warns people and nations through events of the day, though others have done so in this thread. If people want to say it does not look like God is warning us in the dozens of historical events discussed in this thread, fine. They don't have to provide any scripture for that opinion any more than I have to provide scripture for mine. Many have provided scripture supporting the concept of God sending warnings in current events, but I just want to look at the events and circumstances surrounding them.

I think it's a wake up call for Christians to serve God and for lost people to get saved because we are running out of time.

People who say God does not give warnings in events of the day today could show from scripture supporting facts for that position as others have given supporting scriptures showing God does give warnings, if they can find scriptures to back it up. If they can't or don't want to, fine; they don't have to. Historical events are historical events, and the opinion of myself and many who have posted in this thread is that God is warning us.
Many have provided scriptures related to such warnings, I prefer simply to look at the events and circumstances. I have stated this repeatedly, asked those who disagree to look at the events for discussion.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Matthew: 16. 1. The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 3. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 4. A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

It does not take a great sign in the Heavens ,to know we are living in a world of darkness.

Watch the News on television ,and at some point you will see the signs of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It would be best to stick with scripture or to tie things together with scripture.

I think a grain of salt is needed with some of this as 'blood moon' often just means a total lunar eclipse, and does not relate well with this:

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

And remember that the stock market crash that brought on the Great Depression did not occur on a Jewish Holy Day. The bombing of Pearl Harbor didn't either. And there have been lots of total lunar eclipses where not much happened at all.

It is wise to take Biblical exhortations to heart. But not so wise, imho, to assume a theory is fact.

the next total lunar eclipse (blood moon) visible from North America is on April 4th.

not talking about those events. The events surrounding 9/11 and many natural disasters occurred within 24 hours of our president pressuring Israel into compromising with it's enemies. God judges the nations, all of the nations, according to how they treat Israel. This doctrine is easy to find in the scriptures, and many of the verses are well known. "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee". Others have in this thread mentioned the reference about the blood moons in the last days before terrible judgment falls. In my comments regarding 9/11, I repeatedly mentioned how national leaders on national tv quoted the same passage from Isaiah which the Jews used as defiance against there enemies, enemies God had chosen and used purposely to bring a defeat on Israel as a warning to
them because they had turned away from obedience to God as a nation.

If somebody wants to post a link that "exposes" all references to the blood moons as a hoax, that's fine, but this thread is about much more than that and the whole thread does not deserve to be trashed simply because somebody thinks the historical events discussed and the circumstances surrounding them were meaningless. Many do enjoy talking about these things and I find those people pretty much everywhere I go. I find the topic to be a good tool for witnessing to lost people and backslidden Christians, and Christians who are likeminded with me on the topic are encouraging to each other because we are not afraid of the future and if nothing bad happens on the dates of the blood moons that are coming up in early April and late October, we are more than ok with that. I am making my short and long term plans as if there is no danger in the future because I trust God to get me to heaven no matter how hard this world might be.

As for the coming blood moon of April 4th, I think it's already clearly a warning because of the sharp turn our president is taking against Israel by threatening to withdraw all support for Israel at the UN. Our president is throwing Israel to the dogs and when the USA no longer stands on Israel's side to hold back it's enemies from destroying it, the USA is in much bigger trouble. Everything is happening so fast now, it's hard to believe the USA will not fall into complete financial collapse if not complete civil unrest soon. It's also hard to believe we will be an independent and sovereign nation much longer. My guess is that we will become an EU nation state if not a province of China and in either case we will be subservient to a Government that is not established by the US Constitution. I think it's clear that God is warning the USA, and the USA is not taking heed, and Christians need to wake up and get busy spreading the gospel while we still have the freedom to do so. That freedom is being taken away chunk by chunk and there are not many chunks left before Christianity and the Bible are legally forbidden. It's happened in England, it's not far behind in Canada, and it's coming to the USA via pro-sodomy and anti-"hate speech" legislation, with what the Bible says against sodomy and for the reality and necessity of Hell's punishment of sin being outlawed as "hate speech".

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It would be best to stick with scripture or to tie things together with scripture.

I think a grain of salt is needed with some of this as 'blood moon' often just means a total lunar eclipse, and does not relate well with this:

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

And remember that the stock market crash that brought on the Great Depression did not occur on a Jewish Holy Day. The bombing of Pearl Harbor didn't either. And there have been lots of total lunar eclipses where not much happened at all.

It is wise to take Biblical exhortations to heart. But not so wise, imho, to assume a theory is fact.

the next total lunar eclipse (blood moon) visible from North America is on April 4th.

Not assuming the blood moon tetrarch (it's not simply an eclipse, but a series of four eclipses in which the reflected light casts a reddish hue over the entire moon, there are photos of this occurring over Israel you can find easily on the web) occurring now is actually a warning from God, but in light of the events surrounding the most recent such blood moon events in 1948 and 1967 when Israel was established again as a nation and Jerusalem was retaking in the six days war, the blood moons sure seem to have a lot of coincidental events, especially when you consider the Jewish holidays they fell on. It's a lot of coincidence that seems to be more than coincidental.

Even without the blood moons, it still seems that God is warning America and the world in the many other events that have coincided with America's actions toward Israel.

If none of this stuff matters, that's not a big deal. What really matters is am I losing my life for the Lord's sake and for His gospel? Am I taking up my cross daily, denying myself, and following Him no matter how much I suffer for it? Am I thanking Him in and for all things? Am I rejoicing always, forevermore? In all of these things I fall short and know I can do better. Maybe I'm using the Lord's time poorly here.
If Christians are on fire and serving God, great. If they are not, maybe these things will encourage them to set their hearts toward heaven and get on fire for the Lord and His gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Matthew: 16. 1. The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 3. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 4. A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

It does not take a great sign in the Heavens ,to know we are living in a world of darkness.

Watch the News on television ,and at some point you will see the signs of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

The passage you are quoting is in regards to people who were asking a sign from God for proof of who He is in order for them to believe in or obey God. They were asking Jesus to give them a sign to prove His divinity much the same as Satan was tempting Jesus to do when He fasted in the desert for 40 days before starting His ministry mission leading to the cross. I don't think you need a sign that way, and I know I do not. That is not what this thread is about.

Are you saying we don't have the signs of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah in America already with homosexuality being legitimized and saying it's wrong being outlawed as hate speech? I think America is clearly becoming a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, and will be judged for that issue, and God is warning us by His Word against the course of our nation in that area, but I don't see the historical events mentioned in this thread as directly related to that issue. The same goes for abortion, with more than 25 million babies legally murdered in America and the number rising.

It's not about a sign to prove faith in God. I don't need a sign for that. You are missing the point. The point is about what appears to be God's warning of coming judgment. Please try to go with the flow of the conversation.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Not assuming the blood moon tetrarch (it's not simply an eclipse, but a series of four eclipses in which the reflected light casts a reddish hue over the entire moon, there are photos of this occurring over Israel you can find easily on the web) occurring now is actually a warning from God, but in light of the events surrounding the most recent such blood moon events in 1948 and 1967 when Israel was established again as a nation and Jerusalem was retaking in the six days war, the blood moons sure seem to have a lot of coincidental events, especially when you consider the Jewish holidays they fell on. It's a lot of coincidence that seems to be more than coincidental.

I guess the blood moons would hold more weight with me if all four were visibly seen over Israel. Israel will not see this next blood moon at all.

As for warning the United States, He may be doing just that, I am not 100% certain of that notion, but this country will not turn back to God before Jesus returns. As I mentioned to you before, things will get much, much worse and they aren't going to get better.

I was even pondering that very thing when I heard very clearly that things haven't gotten bad enough for my return.

Things while they seem bad, can and will get much worse. I do not think Jesus will return in the next five to ten years, but that is just a guess on my part when looking around and realizing that it truly isn't bad* enough yet.

*note - I am not saying that I want things to get worse, but when I look at the world I see that things can still get much worse than it is at this point in time.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying we don't have the signs of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah in America already with homosexuality being legitimized and saying it's wrong being outlawed as hate speech? I think America is clearly becoming a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, and will be judged for that issue, and God is warning us by His Word against the course of our nation in that area, but I don't see the historical events mentioned in this thread as directly related to that issue. The same goes for abortion, with more than 25 million babies legally murdered in America and the number rising.

I wonder, if this is the case, would someone like Abraham stand up and ask God if He will save the country for the sake of ten righteous people?

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I guess the blood moons would hold more weight with me if all four were visibly seen over Israel. Israel will not see this next blood moon at all.

As for warning the United States, He may be doing just that, I am not 100% certain of that notion, but this country will not turn back to God before Jesus returns. As I mentioned to you before, things will get much, much worse and they aren't going to get better.

I was even pondering that very thing when I heard very clearly that things haven't gotten bad enough for my return.

Things while they seem bad, can and will get much worse. I do not think Jesus will return in the next five to ten years, but that is just a guess on my part when looking around and realizing that it truly isn't bad* enough yet.

*note - I am not saying that I want things to get worse, but when I look at the world I see that things can still get much worse than it is at this point in time.

yeah, I don't see things getting better before the Lord comes back. America is the only thing really holding back total chaos in the world now. Islam, especially Iran, believes there must be a worldwide bloodbath before the Muslim messiah comes and they are pushing for it to happen. When ISIS repeatedly says they intend to fly their flag over the White House, I take that threat seriously even though there is really not much I can do about it. I'm pretty much just like an extra in a movie, where hundreds of unknown extras are seen on the sidelines while the famous actors play their roles in a the movie, and I'm just watching...but I know how the movie ends and it's cool to see the film rolling.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I wonder, if this is the case, would someone like Abraham stand up and ask God if He will save the country for the sake of ten righteous people?

There are many, thousands, beseeching God on that basis now. I am one of them. There are a lot of people faithfully serving God today, faithfully giving to missionaries to spread the gospel around the world. America is still the stronghold of the gospel in the world (on a nation by nation basis, of course there are many faithfully serving the Lord and His gospel in other nations, even Muslim and Communist nations), as well as of freedom.

Paul exhorted us to remember those who are being persecuted as though we were being persecuted with them. There is not much holding brutal persecution of Christians back in America now.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There are many, thousands, beseeching God on that basis now. I am one of them. There are a lot of people faithfully serving God today, faithfully giving to missionaries to spread the gospel around the world. America is still the stronghold of the gospel in the world (on a nation by nation basis, of course there are many faithfully serving the Lord and His gospel in other nations, even Muslim and Communist nations), as well as of freedom.

Paul exhorted us to remember those who are being persecuted as though we were being persecuted with them. There is not much holding brutal persecution of Christians back in America now.
Yes, I have been saying for years it will come here {persecution] and many laughed and scoffed but it is now on the horizon and many others can see it now.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have been saying for years it will come here {persecution] and many laughed and scoffed but it is now on the horizon and many others can see it now.

yes, I think most people see it now but still they are sitting back and watching passively, as if the real world is just another television show and we really are not actors in it. Modern media and computer gaming and such things have cast a spell and most people are just rolling over and hitting the "snooze" button when the alarm is going off.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The passage you are quoting is in regards to people who were asking a sign from God for proof of who He is in order for them to believe in or obey God. They were asking Jesus to give them a sign to prove His divinity much the same as Satan was tempting Jesus to do when He fasted in the desert for 40 days before starting His ministry mission leading to the cross. I don't think you need a sign that way, and I know I do not. That is not what this thread is about.

It's not about a sign to prove faith in God. I don't need a sign for that. You are missing the point. The point is about what appears to be God's warning of coming judgment. Please try to go with the flow of the conversation.

You have completely turned my post around,and read it backwards.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You have completely turned my post around,and read it backwards.

Ok friend, sorry for that. All I'm doing is pointing out that with or without warning sign's, I have to believe the God will run out of patience before long allow judgment to fall or actively cause that judgment Himself. We don't need any warning signs to know we deserve judgment, and we don't need any sign to know Jesus is risen from the dead and coming back to rule the earth. I hope He comes soon, and you and I will talk in heaven after we see Jesus.

I'm against people asking for a sign in order to believe anything. I do believe God has been giving warning sings to America because of her rebellion and breaking her vows to serve God when the country was founded. The historical events and circumstances around those events is interesting if not alarming. Persecution of Christians in America is on the rise fast. True believers need to be ready, that's all. Signs or no signs, the writing is on the wall with new anti Christian laws being passed all over the country practically every day now.

Did you know Fundamental Baptists are considered to be terrorists? That's you and me, brother. They say we are as dangerous as radical Geehadees. I don't believe anything like that about you, and I hope you think better things of me. I didn't think people would get mad at me or say I'm sinning for starting this thread. I certainly don't want to send anybody down the wrong path. I live my life pretty much as if the world will go on the same over the next fifty years as it did for my first fifty. I'm really not worried about the future but is does concern me watching the rising persecution and hatred toward Christians and Jews.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

My Dear Mr Hammster,

I do appreciate your stong desire to protect people from irrational fears. You have repeatedly shown your concern for myself and for everybody else by posting links to divert people from reading things that they might be overly alarmed by, and there is nothing wrong with that.

However,
You are repeatedly insulting me and accusing me of saying things I am not saying, and that's all that your link post is, and that is pretty much all you have done ever since post number 2 when you were the first person to join this thread. I am not saying the things you say I am saying, I am not saying the things your posted link is being used by you to accuse me of. I hope others will see this when they read my posts, elaborated in many previous posts in this thread by myself as well as by others.

Maybe I can post the link you have used in all of my future posts, to try to show the contrast between what I am saying and what people like yourself are afraid I might be saying, or might accuse me of saying, in concern for those who might become irrationally afraid when alarmed. Neither one of us wants anybody to be irrational in fears. Perhaps we can see that there is some middle ground where you and I can stand together as brothers in Christ. By using your "subversive link" (the apologia radio link I found to be unbearably immature, so I couldn't listen long enough to hear their blood moon comments, though I'm sure they line up with the "subversive" link), and by copy and pasting statements from that link, I'll try to bring you into middle ground so you can see that I am not saying the things you are accusing me of saying, and I am not saying the things your links would imply I am saying.

You cannot find one quote from me in any post in this thread that show I am saying anything you or any of your links imply that I am saying. I assume that is why you keep trying to derail this thread and take it in a direction that has nothing to do with the OP.

Your behavior in this thread comes across to me as a bullying tactic, and I don't want to accuse you of bad intentions. I'm asking you to come into middle ground we can agree on, and I'm sure there is plenty of it. If you cannot find any, I want you to stay out of this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You keep bringing up that there is significance to blood moons. I'm showing that there isn't. Simple as that.

I appreciate your desire to show there is no significance in any blood moon, and you may be entirely correct. I understand you feel it is important to protect yourself and others from irrational fears or hasty decisions they might make based on things they might be afraid of. These desires and concerns of yours are signs of a great leader, a protective man willing to stand up for things that are important.

I am trying to generate discussion flowing from the OP. You are ignoring the OP. It seems you ignored my last post the same as you ignored the OP and pretty much everything I and others who have enjoyed discussion flowing for the OP have said.

I want to try to help you focus on the discussion related to the OP. What you are doing is taking the title of the thread and making your own thesis under that title which has nothing to do with the OP and requires that all discussion related to the OP be ignored.

Because you seem to be ignoring my posts, and ignoring the OP, I will repeat for you from my last post:

"You cannot find one quote from me in any post in this thread that show I am saying anything you or any of your links imply that I am saying. I assume that is why you keep trying to derail this thread and take it in a direction that has nothing to do with the OP.

Your behavior in this thread comes across to me as a bullying tactic, and I don't want to accuse you of bad intentions. I'm asking you to come into middle ground we can agree on, and I'm sure there is plenty of it. If you cannot find any, I want you to stay out of this thread."

You are accusing me of placing significance on blood moons, so please tell me what significance I am placing on them. It is very simple for you to say you place no significance on them, and you don't have to explain that, but if you say I am placing significance on blood moons, then you do have to explain that accusation and tell me what significance you think I am placing on blood moons. What am I saying about blood moons that you are accusing me of implying is significant? If you don't want to discuss it, you don't belong in this thread.
It seems like all you are doing is trying to silence me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Ok, I can fully agree with you in this post. Sign or no sign in the heavens, the signs of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah are obvious. I was very tired have been stressed and tired last night, but that is no excuse for the selfish way I responded to you. I was careless in responding to you last night. I should have read your post more carefully and saw that in it you have plenty of agreement with me. I appreciate your comments and I'm sorry for responding unfairly last night.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.