Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I will not dispute you on your own section but I do disagree. I know God still speaks to us. Most are just to busy with this life to hear.
I never said God didn't speak to us.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with that, I also know that all through history there have been prophets. I know that there are many false ones out there but does that mean we shut down prophecy just because of that or ddoes it mean that we need to get closer to God to be able to diiscern the false from the real? To many things have been shut down in the church out of fear.
Yes, many things have been shut down in church due to fear, but just as many beliefs enter the church out of a love for mysticism. You seem to be implying those capable of determining who prophets are would be the most capable of exegeting Scripture soundly.

Fear sales, and those claiming to be prophets tend to gather those who fear something. Conspiracy theorists thrive on fear. It becomes a bunch of shot in the dark theories on the future. They have better odds at winning the lottery than being correct. I'm still waiting for America to blow up because Prophets told me its so. I assure you it wont happen. Call me a prophet on that.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I will not dispute you on your own section but I do disagree. I know God still speaks to us. Most are just to busy with this life to hear.

(Heb 1:1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

(Heb 1:2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

If you believe that there are still prophets today that speak extra Biblical it means you don't believe the Scriptures are enough.

Moreover if a man is a prophet he will speak by the Spirit and the Spirit always speaks of Christ.

(Joh 16:15) All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
True.

Such as?

off the top of my head much of the book of Rev to start with. There is also wide debate about what is permitted in worship of God. Paul spoke of this, some say you must not eat these foods, some say you must keep these days Holy. Some say you must not live a finger on The Holy days others say you must be in study of God. While this may seem clear to you or I its not to all, any one of us could be a Prophet if God touched us and used us to explain to those weak in faith that it is a spiritual kingdom, we worship in spirit. Be fore it starts i am not saying I am a Prophet. Many people still don'er understand Old Testament Law, there are many things not understood.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here is a list of facts of things that took place on and around 9-11 2001 and the stock market crash on the same Jewish holiday 7 years later, 7 percent fall, 777 points.

It's hard to look at this and walk away and say, nah, it means nothing. It seems pretty clear that God is warning America by judgments desiring that we turn back to Him before he runs out of patience and brings severe and irreversible judgment on us.

I believe judgment is going to fall on America from God because we have rejected Him from being the God of our nation and by all appearance, ungodly anti-Christ forces have grown in power so much that it's hard to believe anything is going to stop them or slow them down.

Mars Hill: Book Review: "The Harbinger"

•America's leaders actually quoted Isaiah 9:10 in speeches related to 9/11, not realizing that they were speaking judgment on their own nation. They did this on three separate occasions, including the day after 9/11 by the Senate majority leader. "By the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established." (Deuteronomy 19:15)
•Some bricks that fell from the Twin Towers took down a sycamore tree on grounds adjacent to Ground Zero.
•The roots of the tree became a memorial and a symbol of defiance.
•A cedar tree was planted in its place.
•A hewn stone was symbolically placed at the site of Ground Zero, accompanied by a ceremony.
•Biblically, judgment tends to take place where the original covenant (agreement) took place.
•When the United States began, New York City was its capital.
•On April 30, 1789, George Washington became President and the first official government was established at Federal Hall (at Wall Street). On that day, Washington declared: "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself hath ordained."
•After his inauguration, Washington lead a procession of his government to a little stone church just blocks away to pray a blessing on the nation. The entire nation had received a pronouncement to attend church and pray for the country at the same time.
•The church where they prayed was at the site of 9/11 - the only small building in close proximity that was left standing after the collapse of the towers. The sycamore tree was in the church yard. The church is now a museum of sorts.
•At the time of the inauguration the church grounds extended through the site of the twin towers.
•When the towers fell, the impact was felt for miles; the foundation of the old Federal Hall was cracked by the force.
•The Founding Fathers recognized that the United States would only be blessed and protected by God if the nation obeyed His commands.
•God is a God of order and uses specific days to convey a message.
•On a specific day (the 29th day of the Hebrew month Elul) every seven years the Jewish nation was commanded to release all debt, It was called "The Lord's release" or "Shemitah."
•The greatest single stock market crash in Wall Street history, up to that time, took place on the 29th day of Elul - September 17, 2001.
•Seven years later to the day, in the Jewish calendar (the 29th of Elul again), on September 29th, 2008 that record was beaten as the stock market plunged again. It fell 7 percent in one day. It dropped 777 points, precisely 7 years from the previous event by the Jewish calendar on the day of "Shemitah."

"So then the two greatest Wall Street stock market crashes not only happened on the same day on the biblical calendar, and on the one day of the biblical year ordained to wipe away credit and debt, but each one fell seven years apart on the exact once in seven years occurrence of that one Hebrew day. It's beyond amazing..."
Judgment is intended for warning. God's desire is always for people to turn back to Him, witness the case of Nineveh, the great city of the Assyrians, that repented after Jonah preached to them. This is God's desire for all of us.

The above post is a summary of historical events. These are actual historical undisputable easily documented fact. The apparent warnings in these facts are comparable to warnings from God to His people in the Bible, and you can find examples of God's warnings in the Bible easily. If you need me to find them and tell you where they are in the Bible, you need to read your Bible more.

The reason I did not earlier give a link to the site I pulled this list of facts from is because people want to ignore the facts, the same as they want to ignore the facts of the events which happened around former blood moon cycles and how significant those events were regarding Israel. The above list of facts is not complete, there is much more to be found around the above list which makes it more profound as an apparent warnings from God of judgment if our nation does not return to God willingly. People will do everything they can to say "don't worry, be happy, there are no signs from God to warn us of impending judgment" Some of them are doing that in this thread, ignoring the facts of the historical events listed above. I saw most of these events unfold on the national TV, and had a gut feeling that these were warnings from God. The more I looked at the facts surrounding the events, the more I had to believe my gut feeling was right. As God warned Israel to repent many times in many ways with many smaller punishments, they repeatedly refused until the entire nation fell into the Babylonian captivity near the end of the old testament story as God had warned them they would fall to their enemies.

The list of facts is a summary list taken from "The Harbinger", in a book review from the following website. I do not recommend this website, and I do not recommend "The Harbinger". I do recommend looking at historical facts honestly. I found a fairly good list of them, given in the quoted post, at the link below.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
off the top of my head much of the book of Rev to start with. There is also wide debate about what is permitted in worship of God. Paul spoke of this, some say you must not eat these foods, some say you must keep these days Holy. Some say you must not live a finger on The Holy days others say you must be in study of God. While this may seem clear to you or I its not to all, any one of us could be a Prophet if God touched us and used us to explain to those weak in faith that it is a spiritual kingdom, we worship in spirit. Be fore it starts i am not saying I am a Prophet. Many people still don'er understand Old Testament Law, there are many things not understood.[/QUOT

nice, I think this would make a great OP for a new thread. Wouldn't it be nice to see somebody get saved from Hell as a result of reading our conversations and then calling on God in the name of Jesus to ask Him to save them from Hell?? Wouldn't it be nice to see somebody say "wow, I read what you wrote and God spoke to me and He changed my life."?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Go back and read the thread

I meant something more than just your opinion. If you are going to claim that they are warnings, you had better be able to back it with scripture.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I meant something more than just your opinion. If you are going to claim that they are warnings, you had better be able to back it with scripture.

If you are going to claim they are not warnings from God, why don't you back that up with the Bible? You better back it up with the Bible if you are going to say they are not warnings from God. You can't, can you?
No, you can't. You can't show me from the Bible where the historical events listed in this thread cannot be viewed as warnings from God.

"you better" sounds like a threat. What if I don't do what you say I better do?

What are you doing? trying to provoke me to fight?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If you are going to claim they are not warnings from God, why don't you back that up with the Bible? You better back it up with the Bible if you are going to say they are not warnings from God. You can't, can you?
No, you can't. You can't show me from the Bible where the historical events listed in this thread cannot be viewed as warnings from God.

No, I'm trying to get you to back up what you claim are warnings with scripture. I think if they are indeed warnings, that should be paramount to to making your case.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, I'm trying to get you to back up what you claim are warnings with scripture. I think if they are indeed warnings, that should be paramount to to making your case.

You back up your claim with scripture, or quit harassing me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You back up your claim with scripture, or quit harassing me

So that's how it works?

Person A: Today's event was a warning from God.

Person B: Can you substantiate that from scripture? It's not good just to take someone's word for it.

Person A: Can you show that it's not from God using scripture? If not, it must be from God.

Person B: ???

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So that's how it works?

Person A: Today's event was a warning from God.

Person B: Can you substantiate that from scripture? It's not good just to take someone's word for it.

Person A: Can you show that it's not from God using scripture? If not, it must be from God.

Person B: ???[/QUOTE

Person U: Today's event was NOT a warning from God.
Person Me: Can you back that up with scripture? If you can't back that up with scripture, you should shut up
Person U: You can't tell me to shut up
Person me: why not? you are trying to tell me to shut up? Can't you let people who appreciate this thread enjoy it? Many have enjoyed conversing in this thread, you seem to hate this thread, or maybe you just hate me. Why don't you let people enjoy this thread?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The above post is a summary of historical events. These are actual historical undisputable easily documented fact. The apparent warnings in these facts are comparable to warnings from God to His people in the Bible, and you can find examples of God's warnings in the Bible easily. If you need me to find them and tell you where they are in the Bible, you need to read your Bible more.

The reason I did not earlier give a link to the site I pulled this list of facts from is because people want to ignore the facts, the same as they want to ignore the facts of the events which happened around former blood moon cycles and how significant those events were regarding Israel. The above list of facts is not complete, there is much more to be found around the above list which makes it more profound as an apparent warnings from God of judgment if our nation does not return to God willingly. People will do everything they can to say "don't worry, be happy, there are no signs from God to warn us of impending judgment" Some of them are doing that in this thread, ignoring the facts of the historical events listed above. I saw most of these events unfold on the national TV, and had a gut feeling that these were warnings from God. The more I looked at the facts surrounding the events, the more I had to believe my gut feeling was right. As God warned Israel to repent many times in many ways with many smaller punishments, they repeatedly refused until the entire nation fell into the Babylonian captivity near the end of the old testament story as God had warned them they would fall to their enemies.

The list of facts is a summary list taken from "The Harbinger", in a book review from the following website. I do not recommend this website, and I do not recommend "The Harbinger". I do recommend looking at historical facts honestly. I found a fairly good list of them, given in the quoted post, at the link below.

It would be best to stick with scripture or to tie things together with scripture.

I think a grain of salt is needed with some of this as 'blood moon' often just means a total lunar eclipse, and does not relate well with this:

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

And remember that the stock market crash that brought on the Great Depression did not occur on a Jewish Holy Day. The bombing of Pearl Harbor didn't either. And there have been lots of total lunar eclipses where not much happened at all.

It is wise to take Biblical exhortations to heart. But not so wise, imho, to assume a theory is fact.

the next total lunar eclipse (blood moon) visible from North America is on April 4th.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Friend, let's chill.

When you post something that is controversial and is not held by many, you will be questioned, and asked for scripture to back up what you think.

That is the nature of discussions.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.