In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ hasn't returned yet..

I cant be convinced otherwise, sorry..

Evidence and scripture cannot convince someone of what they are unwilling to believe. As you said yo.urself, "I can't be convinced otherwise".

I (we're) not saying that his presence and laws don't continue and there might be changes and even 'judgements' for not adhering to the Good laws , truths, and doctrine he established, but I, (Weknow these are not the end of the world or the "time of the end" of the mosaic covt as prophecied in Daniel, nor what jesus was telling his disciples about.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evidence and scripture cannot convince someone of what they are unwilling to believe. As you said yo.urself, "I can't be convinced otherwise".

Im sorry you cant convince me that Christ has returned.

Im pretty sure we would know if his 2nd coming took place.

Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2013
United States of America
✟15,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.(Matthew 24:36NLT)

The problem with any End Times book is the speculation of. From these speculations Pre, Mid, Post-Tribulation Rapture theory was birthed. So along with pre-millennium, mid, post as well. For many years believers, and the generation before us and the generation before them, have said,"We are living in the end times!" Those in WW1 thought it. Those in WW2 thought it and yes even the first Century Believers thought they were living in the End of Days. It might raise the question of whether or not we, today, are actually going to see the end. Due to all those books, the topic being raised over and over again. But one thing remains true. That is Jesus is coming back. Is it within the next 2-10 years? Who knows! He could come back 500 years from now for all we know. Things will not begin to end until the Anti-Christ signs a peace treaty with Israel and thus begins the Tribulation. Until then I see no reason to worry and hype oneself up with this End of Times and yet be divided over it. Two truths we should hold fast to 1.)Jesus said he will return 2.) Be on watch.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We should start a thread in another section, but I'll post a few points. I might not be able to continue at the present time, thus a reservation to begin.

Heb 9:28 is one of the only scripture that refer specifically to a "second coming". And in the same book, in the next chapter in vs 37 his coming (or titusescoming) is said to be in a very little while from the point in time of the writing. So much so that those to whom he is writing are among those who would not shrink back to destruction or the mosaic covt ways but would have faith to the saving of the soul.

9:28 is referring to IS 66:5 and I believe Heb 10:37 refers to gods prophecied coming through the heads of the leaders of Israels enemies as prophecied in deut 32:42 nkjv has it most clear. He who is to come in 10:37 is thus referring to Christ coming through the heads of romes leaders and to dan 9::26 as referring to titus as one of thise heads.

The second appearing for "salvation" is not a salvation of relationship with Gids favor but a salvation from persecution and oppressiin that is also mentioned in rom 11:26 & Isaiah 59:20 and parts of Is 61. It's also implied that his sword would bring judgement in favor if the saints in deut 32 and Is 59.

Another major (I believe false) premise is that acts 1:11 demands and foretells a bodily return. But, though that can be read into it, it is not what is stated or implied. It is stated that he would return in the SAME MANNER as they had seen him go INTO HEAVEN. How did they see him go into heaven??? As a dove?, an eagle?, a lightening bolt? a ball of fire?, bodily?, No, they saw him assimilate into a low cloud, like had led them as Gods presence through the wilderness, and then the presence of God/Jesus went into heaven IN A CLOUD!!!!

This idea of coming in or with clouds is repeated by jesus a few times in his teachings and I think the apostles.
So how did Jesus go INTO HEAVEN?? Answer: in a cloud representing the person and presence of God.
How wouldþhe come a second time for salvatiin, deliverance and approving favor to the justified and freed? In a cloud. How did he profecy that he woukd deliver vengeance to his enemies of the new covenant in deut 32:42? Answer, through the minds if the leaders of last generation Israels enemies; the romans. This theme of "salvation" by judgement against his new covt enemies is repeated in Is 59:17,18 & 61:10 & 66:15,16. This is the "second appearing fo salvation of those who believed but were being persecuted and killed that is mentioned in Heb 9:28 and rom 10:26. "All Israel" in rom 10:26 is a phrase defined by Paul in Rom 9 to refer to the believers in Christ who are counted for the (spiritual likeness or "seed" of the patriarchs who also had believed in the coming fture seed
promised through the female gender. Even of the gentiles as he says in Rom 9:24.

So how and when did Chist as the presence of God come a second time for salvation and deliverance and in a CLOUD?? ? I 66 or 67 AD (you can ckeck) both josephus and tacticus repirt that a phenomenon was seen over judea and if it were not so well known an so widely reported, people would think of them as fools for reporting and recording it. Around sunset of a particular feast (i forget which) the clouds began forming themselves in the shape of roman soldiers, horses and chariots, running to and fro behind the clouds, complete with glittering swords and shields.

What betyer way to affirm that the roman invasion was indeed Jesus/God coming througb the minds of the leaders of Israels enemies and against Gods enemies of the new covenant?

Some likely can't or won't believe this miracle and phenomenon happened, but they will tell you that jesus will literally set foot on mt olivet and create an earthquake (which obviously could occur if that were what was intended.

A big player in this is deciphering the intent of acts 1:7-11 and the short term timing allowed for the judgement against those who persecuted the laws of the new covt. Anothrr big player is that parts of the creeds adopt Irenelses 2nd century literal/futurist perspective a a "second future presence or coming.

It is not however, IMO, that he has left us alone for I believe he still resides within in favor of those who recieve him and judges in favor of the new covt laws and ordinances and against those who persecute and reject it. And I believe he "appears In and at the end of each persons life in favor or disfavor Is 65:20. If one is afraid of death, they should tell him while having absolute faith that he hears, loves, created life and grants requests to those who believe on him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2013
United States of America
✟15,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Optimus Fortis said:
What would Jesus, who was attacked by the money and religious powers of his day, say to Hagee who was boasting about Israel's nuclear bunker busting prowess? He was threatening Iran from the safety of the pulpit - why doesn't he lose some weight, pick up a rifle and a back-pack and head to the West Bank himself?

I second that motion...lol. It's so easy to stand behind a pulpit and spew stuff in the safety of America.. Let alone tell other people to sacrifice and never sacrifice himself...please my fellow believers sacrifice your money..*thinking*so I can get all your money lol you suckers HAHAHAHA
It's easy just for anyone to tell others what to do than do it ourselves. But Hagee...I don't trust him.

Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2013
United States of America
✟15,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Shocker said:
Im sorry you cant convince me that Christ has returned. Im pretty sure we would know if his 2nd coming took place.

Christ has not returned yet. There was a false preacher or was it a religion I believe...Jehovah's Witness that said Jesus returned for his 1,000 year reign in 1990. Tho he return invisibly and secretly controlling events. Now another said We already been judged and God will not judge again. This comes from wishful thinking. The idea of being judged in the end is a terrifying thought. Rightly it should be. So in order not to be afraid and give leeway to sin people been taught to believe that God has already judged on the cross. While that in part is true there is a final judgement and that final judgement is on Satan and his angels and to those who have rejected Christ. We who believe in Christ will not be judged...this is because we been already judged in the cross and we have accepted Christ sacrifice. But tho those who do not believe will be judged in the end. We to everlasting life and to them eternal damnation.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If Christ has already returned...where is he?

I think the accurate question is where are you (WE)? Are we in Christ and the freedoms/love/responsibilty of the new covt and eating his words, truths, doctrines of æife? Or are weþpartly in Moses or other similar deologies, natiins and beliefs.? If you (we) are in him, he promises to be in us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Im sorry you cant convince me that Christ has returned.

Im pretty sure we would know if his 2nd coming took place.

It is a VERY GOOD thing you can't be convinced! JW are convinced of false doctrines. Mormon's are convinced of false doctrines. Even 7th day Adventists are convinced of false doctrines.

And it is TOTALLY false doctrine that Jesus has already returned. When it is written that EVERY EYE will see Him, when it is written that His coming will be after the 70th week of Daniel with the 7 trumpet judgments and then the 7 vials of His wrath with associated plagues, we certainly know He has not come yet. When He does come, there will be NO ONE LEFT ON EARTH that will doubt He has come.

Finally, He cannot come with His saints on the white horse with great power and glory unless first He comes FOR His saints.

Bottom line? It is very easy to know HE HAS NOT COME.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
most of these scoffers are here for one reason alone..
I'm here to scoff at bad doctrine and unScriptural hogwash. I manage to get a *lot* of scoffing done in these parts! ;)

And it certainly is not to speak the truth.
The "truth" as you see it being whatever doctrinal mishmash your denomination has thunk up.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've all simply been duped into believing the lie that it already came..
Who exactly do you believe that is? I don't think anyone here has said anything about believing that our Lord has already returned. You appear to be refuting imaginary heretics here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ hasn't returned yet.. I cant be convinced otherwise, sorry..
And since precisely nobody here has claimed that He has, you're probably safe from attempts to convince you. Sorry to disappoint. :cool:

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Who exactly do you believe that is? I don't think anyone here has said anything about believing that our Lord has already returned. You appear to be refuting imaginary heretics here.

You don't follow along well do you..

It's called preterism and there are a few here in case you missed it.

If you're a dreaded futurist like myself and most others here.. then it simply doesn't apply to you.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I'm here to scoff at bad doctrine and unScriptural hogwash. I manage to get a *lot* of scoffing done in these parts! ;)

Yeah right..

How about amillennialism?.. like this is the kingdom of God.. and satan is bound.. and the church is Israel..?

All that nonsense..

You don't scoff at that.. probably because your infallible ones told you that it's the truth..

Go back to sleep..

Upvote 0