Blind Teen Stomps in Video Games

Justin Horne

Jan 24, 2004
✟16,228.00
Faith
Atheist
Let me be one of the first nay-sayers here...It sounds to me like he has just tuned his other sense based on opponents reaction. If he's close to someone and starts hearing fire, he's close. Also, it sounds like the game is probably a 'button smasher.'
I guarantee you in a game like Halo, ghost recon, etc, he'd lose, as targeting has to be precise. In halo with a battle rifle, I could kill him from across the map, and he's have no idea where I was.

I'm not downplaying it, it's still great and impressive, I'm just saying. :)

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
CR0C0DILE said:
Yeh games like soul caliber and mortal combat you can blindly push buttons and win, althoguh seeing does give some help it is not necessary at all.
Wait til 3d sound gets better than maybe he can play 3d games.

Yeah tell it to my nephews and nieces. As they are hooked on video games!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I'm getting bored," Mellen said in jest as he won game after game.
"How do I move?" an exasperated opponent, Ryan O'Banion, asked during a battle in which his character is frozen in place.

"You can't," Mellen answered before finishing him off.

Sorry, I'm not impressed. Skilled at button mashing though he may be, the kid sounds like he needs a good lesson in sportsmanship. He also needs to go up against some opponents who know what they're doing, as the above quote shows at least one player unfamiliar with the game being played.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Justin Horne said:
Let me be one of the first nay-sayers here...It sounds to me like he has just tuned his other sense based on opponents reaction. If he's close to someone and starts hearing fire, he's close. Also, it sounds like the game is probably a 'button smasher.'
I guarantee you in a game like Halo, ghost recon, etc, he'd lose, as targeting has to be precise. In halo with a battle rifle, I could kill him from across the map, and he's have no idea where I was.

I'm not downplaying it, it's still great and impressive, I'm just saying. :)

"Button Mashing" is an insult used by fanboys of one fighting game, to knock another fighting game.
But the fact is, there is no such thing as a "button mashing" fighting game.
Sure, if you stick two guys who don't know any better, you will see some button mashing.
But put that button masher against a highly skilled fighter,and he literally has no chance of winning.

Now would he be good at a FPS? Of course not.
But then again, only an insecure person would point that out.:preach:

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
xMinionX said:
Sorry, I'm not impressed. Skilled at button mashing though he may be, the kid sounds like he needs a good lesson in sportsmanship. He also needs to go up against some opponents who know what they're doing, as the above quote shows at least one player unfamiliar with the game being played.

Answering a guys question is trash talking?
That's not trash talking, you want to see trash talking, then watch me play! :thumbsup:
Trash talking is a great American past time in all sports/games.

He even said he was "beatable".
But the fact is, he wasn't button mashing.
Because if everyone playing was button mashing, then why did he win every single game?
2 button mashers have a 50/50 chance of winning and losing.
He won all of them, what are the chances of a button masher winning all of the matches?
That's called skill.

You're not impressed that a blind teenager is an incredible videogame player?
Man what a tough crowd.

Upvote 0