jcn

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In a meeting the Christian group at my college has once a week, we would sing worship songs, and one particular song we sang was the one song that I have in the title of the thread. Then, I came across Matt Redman's original version of this song, and one thing that bothers me is how the 10 or so background singers in the song don't get any credit. I know it's the norm for background singers not to get any credit, but I thought these backup singers were very creative in their arrangements, and they even somewhat took over near the end. Does anyone at least know the names of the background singers in that particular song.

I would especially like to know if Louise Fellingham was a background vocalist on that song? I know she's credited as a background singer on the album where the song is from, I don't know if she takes part in that specific song.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think the background singers did their own arrangements?

I did the arrangements for my background singers. BTW, I gave them credit on the CD notes.

Upvote 0

jcn

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know who for sure arranged the background vocals, I just thought the arrangements were creative.

I'm sure they are credited on the album notes. What I meant by saying that they don't get any credit is, say for instance, the song plays on a Christian radio, the radio announcer after the song would just say "Matt Redman" as opposed to saying "Matt Redman ft. whoever the background vocalists are".

They should get a "feature credit" since they like took over the song at one point. What I mean by that is that near the end, all the backup vocalists sing their respective parts at the same time, and Matt's voice is blended with the background singers making it tough to hear him specifically. This especially goes for Louise Fellingham (if she was a backup vocalist on the song), due to how popular she is in the Christian music genre.

Dave, do you have that album by any chance?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dave, do you have that album by any chance?
No I do not.

But thinking the radio is going to give you all that detail is not realistic. The radio DJs I grew up with sometimes never even gave the artist name. (there are some songs from 40 years ago that I liked but still have no clue who sang them)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a meeting the Christian group at my college has once a week, we would sing worship songs, and one particular song we sang was the one song that I have in the title of the thread. Then, I came across Matt Redman's original version of this song, and one thing that bothers me is how the 10 or so background singers in the song don't get any credit. I know it's the norm for background singers not to get any credit, but I thought these backup singers were very creative in their arrangements, and they even somewhat took over near the end. Does anyone at least know the names of the background singers in that particular song.

I would especially like to know if Louise Fellingham was a background vocalist on that song? I know she's credited as a background singer on the album where the song is from, I don't know if she takes part in that specific song.
I really like Lou Fellingham's 'There is a day'...

Upvote 0