TonyL

May 5, 2006
Apple Valley, Californa
✟15,216.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hiall! My name is Tony and I live way out in the California desert in a small town called Apple Valley (never HAVE seen an apple tree here, though!). I teach Sunday school at a reformed Christian church here and I really love working with my little "house hamsters" as I call 'em. At the moment we are preparing for out Vacation Bible School. This year the theme is "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe". I think its going to be a hoot!

Here's a bit of boring background on me. For many years I was one of the top make-up artists in Hollywood. Some of my shows were Matlock, How The West Was Won an Lobo. I had everything, I thought, money, a big house, beautiful women, drugs, booze and a fast life style. But I DIDN'T have everything. I had a lot, but not everything. I had to loose a lot to FIND everything and that everything is my Lord Jesus. Now I have no money, I live in a crappy little apartment but I am happy working with our children and serving Him.

I fled here to get away from the negativity and Christian bashing that I find so much of out on the net. It seems stupid to me when people worship the negative and evil side of this world. There is SO much good out there! I pray for understanding of this. Maybe I already understand it all too well.

Anyway, I hope I am welcome here and I will do my best to be a good part of this community.

Your friend in Christ,

Tony (The desert rat):)

Reactions: Bro_Sam

VioletAngel

God bless!
Feb 5, 2005
California
✟15,809.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
attachment.php

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TonyL said:
Hiall! My name is Tony and I live way out in the California desert in a small town called Apple Valley (never HAVE seen an apple tree here, though!). I teach Sunday school at a reformed Christian church here and I really love working with my little "house hamsters" as I call 'em. At the moment we are preparing for out Vacation Bible School. This year the theme is "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe". I think its going to be a hoot!

Here's a bit of boring background on me. For many years I was one of the top make-up artists in Hollywood. Some of my shows were Matlock, How The West Was Won an Lobo. I had everything, I thought, money, a big house, beautiful women, drugs, booze and a fast life style. But I DIDN'T have everything. I had a lot, but not everything. I had to loose a lot to FIND everything and that everything is my Lord Jesus. Now I have no money, I live in a crappy little apartment but I am happy working with our children and serving Him.

I fled here to get away from the negativity and Christian bashing that I find so much of out on the net. It seems stupid to me when people worship the negative and evil side of this world. There is SO much good out there! I pray for understanding of this. Maybe I already understand it all too well.

Anyway, I hope I am welcome here and I will do my best to be a good part of this community.

Your friend in Christ,

Hello and Welcome

We are so proud to have you join our family.
May your time here be spent well and you find all your answers.
Please come often and invite all your friends.
Your will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.
I pray your cup will be full and running over with:
Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Patience, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
and may the
Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.
:prayer:

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
TonyL said:

Your friend in Christ,

Hello Tony and welcome to CF. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful testimony. I think most of us had to lose a lot in order to find our All. God bless! I look forward to seeing you in the threads..:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dr. Holly

Doctoring hearts with the love of Jesus
Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi there Tony :wave:

Welcome to CF! This place can be a bit overwhelming at first, but stick around and you’ll get used to it pretty quickly. If you have any questions on how to navigate it, check out the FAQ. Any other questions, feel free to PM (Private Message) me. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. God bless you & yours!

I must say, Wow! That was one powerful introduction. God bless you! You have much purpose in Him!

Upvote 0

TonyL

May 5, 2006
Apple Valley, Californa
✟15,216.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lel said:
Welcome! Ah, it's so nice out in the peaceful desert... :)

Its real nice here for a few weeks per year. Then its either too hot or too cold (I'm just starting to thaw from this last winter). When I moved here it was pretty deserted now, with the housing boom, the crowding is gettin' on m'nerves (grin). Guess I'll have to move farther out. After many years in Hollywood and L.A. the desert really has an appeal. I don't even have to carry a gun when I go out!

One thing that got built over up here that I really loved was a HUIGE Joshua tree. I used to hike out into the desert and pray there almost every day. One day I looked up and there was a mess of desert jack rabbits praying with me! The next day I brought 'em a bag of goodies and from then on they followed me and provided very plesant fellowship.:)

Upvote 0

TonyL

May 5, 2006
Apple Valley, Californa
✟15,216.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dr. Holly said:
Hi there Tony :wave:

Welcome to CF! This place can be a bit overwhelming at first, but stick around and you’ll get used to it pretty quickly. If you have any questions on how to navigate it, check out the FAQ. Any other questions, feel free to PM (Private Message) me. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. God bless you & yours!

I must say, Wow! That was one powerful introduction. God bless you! You have much purpose in Him!

Thank you for the kind offer Doctor. I'll try NOT to be a pest.

Yes, I have a purpose in Him. He forced it on me kicking and screaming and I doubt I'll ever be able to praise or thank him enough.:D

Upvote 0